It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I am going to Star and Flag everyone, even if they dont deserve it!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
That's right, it has become apparent to me that people have become very stingy with the Stars and Flags recently.

Sometimes I run across the most lame threads ever and people are just staring and flaging left and right, and then other threads that are well researched and or developed can garner pages and pages of comments and subsequent posts, but no respect to the OP.

Is this a sign that ATS is full of greedy people that do not want to see others feel validated by a simple act of clicking on the star or flag response?

This thread is not intended to gain any for myself, just have been reading and interacting with lots of threads lately where i am the only one to star or flag the Op.

Oh yes there are certain star members here, it has always been that way which get tons of stars and flags no matter what they post, but isnt that kind of odd too?

Its like hive mentality.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Hahaha.....you are so right Antar

Thanks in advance for the stars I guess

+4 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:08 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Hey, I'm glad You stood up for this. I have always tried to star, and flag for anything that caught my eye long enough to read it!

Thanks for the thread!

S&F

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Man this is HARD! I am staring and flaging as fast as my comp will change windows, and you just cant star and flag em all! Whew, back to work!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

I hear where you are coming from Antar in your thoughts. Some posters have a great following of posters and no matter what they write down their followers star and flag them to death.

I think the star and flag stuff is childish rewards in many cases. But... I myself give out many stars to many people that I like that have made good posts that I like. You my friend have just made a new friend because our thoughts are similar in the noticing of how the reward system really seems to be working for posters.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Its like hive mentality.

Your Quest Begins Here..!

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
I think >...

I wonder how many stars I can get for that?

[edit on 9-9-2009 by loam]

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

i would have to agree with you on that anatar. thanks for bringing this up

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well, antar, I know you have a lot of work to do, so I thought I would help you out. I don't want to be greedy with my assistance to you in your endeavors.

ALL OF KSPIGPEN'S THREAD

....be nice to have that fancy SILVER thing like you.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
can a brother get some stars?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
I am going to Star and Flag everyone, even if they dont deserve it!

Not if i star and flag you first! hahah!!

-E-

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

Star and flagged antar! I don't know why but why not? I see where your coming from and if any thread deserved a star and flag its this one. If I could I would star and flag this again. I enjoy starring and flagging your stories better though. Don't let the little things annoy you and keep doing what it is you do, because I'll star and flag you for it.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I so agree with you Antar. You can post the most legitimate well documented information and the only stars and flags go to those who post controversial items or are well know with many many thread.

Just use a controversial or way out post and watch it take off.

edit to say, I think the flag system may be responsible for some of these outrageous (maybe to strong a word) threads.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by liveandlearn]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I agree with you! I have seen this for a while and it has always amazed me. Good for you! : )

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MysterE

huhuhuhahahahah.....

(on topic)

I'm glad you feel that way.

(dont be hatin' for dubble dippin'. )

[edit on 9-9-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
What are flags and stars?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Just sit back and rake them stars in. you're special and LOVED.
oh, and click on the star above everyone else's reply to show some love back.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
MY AWESOME THREADS

Thanks for the that Antar, I have often thought that most people will only star and flag people that are in the 'CLIQUE' or who have a big friend list.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Aye, I see the same thing... but then I blame the ATS firehose... sometimes it takes forever to get my threads up there (case in point, the Nanosolar announcement today), and when it finally breaks surface, it is surrounded by Alex Jones gripe-a-thons..
Some days you just can't win...lol

And for the record, stars are nice, but I have *never* gotten credit for any of my flags. You can see for yourself on my profile. Not even 0 flags.. NULL flags! LOL
Muahahaha! *burp* scuse me.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
That's right, it has become apparent to me that people have become very stingy with the Stars and Flags recently.

I know !
Edit To Add: I know !

Sometimes I run across the most lame threads ever and people are just staring and flaging left and right, and then other threads that are well researched and or developed can garner pages and pages of comments and subsequent posts, but no respect to the OP.

I know !

Is this a sign that ATS is full of greedy people that do not want to see others feel validated by a simple act of clicking on the star or flag response?

I know !

This thread is not intended to gain any for myself, just have been reading and interacting with lots of threads lately where i am the only one to star or flag the Op.

I know !

Oh yes there are certain star members here, it has always been that way which get tons of stars and flags no matter what they post, but isnt that kind of odd too?

I know ? hmmmm....

Its like hive mentality.

NOW I KNOW !!!!!

OH..Star and Flag for you

[edit on 9-9-2009 by The Utopian Penguin]

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join