It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Our Fear Is What Threatens Our Freedom.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Has anyone ever wondered why their is a constant deluge of fear and negativity espoused by the governments and the media throughout the world at large? I know I have.

I believe that as this thread's title suggests, our fear justifies their existence. It also allows the governments to strip us of our freedoms, our liberties, and our rights all under the guise of safety. It is a very powerful emotion and I believe that they take full advantage of that fact.

Whether it be terrorism, communism, or any other "ism". Whether it be natural disasters, or war. Whether it be viruses or global warming. Whether it be crime or economic uncertainty, they always claim that there is something that we must be deathly afraid of. There is always someone out to get us.

If we were to cast aside their propaganda for the rubbish that it is. If we were to ignore their constant cries of impending doom for the rubbish that it is, I believe that they would lose a great deal of the power they currently hold over us.

Our fear is their greatest weapon. They use our fear to justify their existence. They use our fear to generate more control over us. They use our fear to divide and conquer us.

Please think about it.

Astrij

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Good post!

All great tyrants through history have recognized that manipulating fear is the quickest way to power.

Here on ATS way too many would be all too happy now to violently replace our (admittedly flawed) Republic with [whatever comes next] - that didn't turn out to well in Weimar Germany, I don't expect it will work any better here...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:33 PM
link   
True, any warrior has to be able to control/ live with fear and all emotions. thing is, not everybody has enough of the right kind of teachers, everybody who tries to spread the joy of living and truth hits a brick wall eventually. so we are duped into being taught by our enemies, this includes becoming the enemy and pessimistic that we will never be able to do anything against tyranny in all forms of thought.

new topics

join