It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just how many space stations are there ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:58 PM
link   
We all know about ISS. but are there other space stations in orbit with a manned crew ?

I find it a bit hard to believe that ISS. is the only one out there but hey what the heck do I know .

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Currently the ISS is the only all time manned mission in orbit. Otherwise, the occasional shuttle and soyuz launch would be the the manned space ships in orbit. The rest are unmanned automatic satellites and vehicles. Because, the plain simple fact is "Space is risky".

jra

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

As peacejet already mentioned. The ISS is currently the only one, but there have been many before it (mostly Russian). Here's a list of past and present stations. Below that they also list cancelled stations and ones that are currently in development.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Here's an interesting link that I just came across ,
www.greatdreams.com...

Date: 10/21/1999

To: [email protected]

Firstly , I would ask Dr Boylan at what distance the space base orbits the earth, surely if his informant has given him detials , this aspect is of utmost importance !

My ex-NSA informant revealed that there has been a manned "deep space platform" in orbit above Earth for over thirty years! "It [has] had three-man [American] crews as well as Russians 'on' since '68!" He further states that since 1973, the space station received additional extremely-high technology, "and has had upgrades since." His disclosure confirms reports I had heard previously from former military officers about a secret space platform in orbit. This disclosure makes clear that the Cape Canaveral Space Shuttles launches, and the "first" American space station being assembled by NASA', are just government "cover" programs. Such programs have served to deflect the public from becoming aware before now of the existence of a black- project military space station, and of classified military craft which can go well past orbit into deep space.

Mod Note: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

[edit on Fri Sep 11 2009 by Jbird]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

So, you are trying to say that there is a possibility of a secret space station? It has already been discussed once here and it is impossible to operate an secret space station. With the peoples eyes in the sky it would have been easily detected.

jra

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Max_TO

Were any of that true, then what I'd like to know is, what rocket(s) put it up there? Not to mention all the resupply and crew launches that would have been required, plus supposed upgrades. All that activity wouldn't go unnoticed.

This disclosure makes clear that the Cape Canaveral Space Shuttles launches, and the "first" American space station being assembled by NASA', are just government "cover" programs.

I assume who ever wrote this was referring to the ISS? I hate to break it to them, but the ISS isn't American, nor would it have been the first even if it were. Skylab was the first American spacestation. Some one didn't do there homework.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by jra]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by peacejet
reply to post by Max_TO

So, you are trying to say that there is a possibility of a secret space station? It has already been discussed once here and it is impossible to operate an secret space station. With the peoples eyes in the sky it would have been easily detected.

Well , it doesn't need to be " secret " It could just so happen that there are others that simply don't get the " press " that ISS. gets .

As for a " secret " station being impossible to hide , I can't say that I agree with that statement , not saying you are wrong , its just that I don't know what stealth tech might be in existence .

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Max_TO]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jra

Great link !

Running off to read the link now

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jra

All that activity wouldn't go unnoticed.

Yes it would.

And the people who knew about it would be cleared to know.

You don't know everything JRA, especially when it come to military operations in space. You only get what you're given.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Launches by craft large enough to loft the pieces required to build a space station are visible over hundreds of miles, so there is no way to get one up there unnoticed. The station itself would be visible as the ISS currently is. Additionally there is no way to hide the huge amount of infrastructure that is required to logistically support such an operation.

jra

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Originally posted by jra

All that activity wouldn't go unnoticed.

Yes it would.

And the people who knew about it would be cleared to know.

You don't know everything JRA, especially when it come to military operations in space. You only get what you're given.

By "activity" I was referring to rocket launches, and it's next to impossible to launch one without anyone noticing it. Every military rocket launch is announced ahead of time. Even when its payload is completely classified.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
We seem to be going a bit off topic , there is no way we can prove or disprove an argument as to the possibility , or lack there of , of a secret station and the ability of such a project's ability to remain " hidden " from the general public . To be short on the matter , none of us know what the military can or can't do , even if we chose to think we do .

Can it be debated ? sure it can , however as to the question , " Just how many space stations are there ? " one would hope for some links , such as the great one posted by JRA

I stumbled across a link which I posted earlier in this thread and JRA , I think it was ? quickly rebutted the links credibility by challenging some key points that the report made

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
According to my insider reports that I read, there are MANY DOZENS of space stations up there, both of the human-made ones and the ET-made ones -- there are even several that are shared ones of both Earth-based humans and ET-based humans from other worlds.

No proof has been provided, of course, but reliable insider testimony strongly indicates that there really are NUMEROUS space stations that are stationed all over our Earth, most of which are unknown and most of which have been put up there by free energy power and are powered by free energy devices.

There is a major website that has a bunch of pictures that had been taken by a dude here on Earth and they show shapes that do NOT match that of the ISS and the space stations are quite large, with most of them a lot bigger than the ISS.

According to insider testimony, most of the Earth-based, non-NASA space stations have been put in space by free-energy, Zero-point technology, none of which use any sort of chemical rockets. All of them were launched from remote sites at night, so just about nobody ever saw them go up and, if anybody did, they'd be debunked and ridiculed as "UFO nuts".

One insider said that this huge Moon-based mining machine that he was contracted to build was several acres in size and he had to hire a plane to take him up in the sky in order for him to view the entire thing that he had built for the US government -- the entire thing was taken to the Moon in ONE PIECE.

Free energy devices have been extensively made and used by the covert elements and the Black Ops parts of the US government ever since the 50s and beyond. The use it for non-terrestrial projects, as well as their DUMB (Deep Underground Military Bases) projects.

I really resent that the elites have kept this free energy technology for themselves. REALLY RESENT IT! Man, here we are, buying THEIR polluting, Earth-destroying, and Stone-Age-old petroleum technology, whereas they are totally enjoying and benefiting from their extensive use of free-energy-based technology for their off-planet and in-planet projects. And they use the immense profits from their sales of petro to us in order to create even more money through THEIR fractional-reserve banking system, so that they'd have even MORE money, with which they can expand their off-planet and in-planet operations.

We've been had. Bad.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Max_TO
We seem to be going a bit off topic , there is no way we can prove or disprove an argument as to the possibility , or lack there of , of a secret station and the ability of such a project's ability to remain " hidden " from the general public

Nothing off topic about it, its more like you don’t want any scientific facts presented which disprove your theory. The answer is No, you cannot hide a project of this size, it would be visible to folks.

Those of us who live in Florida can attest to this, as most of us are aware of the amount of support industry, which is used to logistically supply the space program. Most of us are also aware of the visibility of space launches over great distances. The entire state of Florida can clearly see when the cape launches a rocket (I also hear that parts of Carolina, and Georgia can see them as well), and we get a nice loud wake-up call when one returns. We get to see the fuel cloud float over the state for hours after the launch. Hundreds of thousands of people are employed either directly by the space program, or the subcontract industries that support it. Launch and assembly facilities are not easy to hide. The list goes on and on as to why this is not happening.

If you are trying to say that its being built by captured USAF UFO’s, then this topic belongs in the Gray Area or UFO forum…

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Historical-Mozart
There is a major website that has a bunch of pictures that had been taken by a dude here on Earth and they show shapes that do NOT match that of the ISS and the space stations are quite large, with most of them a lot bigger than the ISS.

Yes, Zargon had those pictures on here as well. I took them over to the Bad Astronomy Board, and they were identified as “Poorly taken, hand shot, photos of satellites and the ISS”. The folks over there were even nice enough to provide similar pictures that they had taken of known objects while working with their telescopes.

They have strange looking shapes because they slight motion of hand holding the camera causes a different blur depending on the way the camera is shaken (even indiscernible shaking when taking a pic like that will cause a blur).

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by jra
reply to post by Max_TO

Were any of that true, then what I'd like to know is, what rocket(s) put it up there? Not to mention all the resupply and crew launches that would have been required, plus supposed upgrades. All that activity wouldn't go unnoticed.

I've seen this argument before and have never had the chance to ask, why wouldn't it go unnoticed?!!? We know the US uses a base in the middle of the Pacific Ocean, with literally nothing for a few hundred miles, we know this as the first 'private' company to attempt to leave our atmosphere is stationed there. Coincidence? Doubt it, but hey.

They have mobile sea launch platforms, these can go anywhere on water and launch a rocket.

This is even accepting that what they have secretly is no better than what we have now. Accepting that they still use chemical rockets they could still launch without being noticed. Now if they have craft which don't need a massive launch pad, but say, could just fly out of our atmoshpere, then no, we wouldn't have noticed, not at all.

The only issue I have with this e-mail at the moment, is that it refers to deep space, yet states it still in orbit around Earth? How is that deep space. I'd consider deep space to be out of our solar system, but I can accept from our reference anything past say mars, or the asteroid belt could be considered deep space.

Does this mean it is in a higher orbit? or it is literally quite a distance out from Earth.

This disclosure makes clear that the Cape Canaveral Space Shuttles launches, and the "first" American space station being assembled by NASA', are just government "cover" programs.

I assume who ever wrote this was referring to the ISS? I hate to break it to them, but the ISS isn't American, nor would it have been the first even if it were. Skylab was the first American spacestation. Some one didn't do there homework.

I'd have to agree with you on that, International Space Station. Then again, some of us believe that beyond a certain point, countries and nationalities no longer matter and with the kind of money and power some if these 'secret' space programs would need, I'd say its a safe bet to say that if it where to be anyone, it would be a multi-national group, with plenty of money and plenty of influence.

Then again, maybe they tell us everything and we're all stupid for thinking they don't.

EMM

Edit to add:

Launches by craft large enough to loft the pieces required to build a space station are visible over hundreds of miles, so there is no way to get one up there unnoticed. The station itself would be visible as the ISS currently is. Additionally there is no way to hide the huge amount of infrastructure that is required to logistically support such an operation.

There was a guy a while ago who had taken many pictures of the ISS, aswell as something else. It was a similar structure to the ISS, but a different one nonetheless. They interviewer concluded that it could be an alien mothership in orbit, I personally believed at the time it was more likely something of ours than theirs.

So yes, maybe it can be seen, as the ISS currently can.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Yes, Zargon had those pictures on here as well. I took them over to the Bad Astronomy Board, and they were identified as “Poorly taken, hand shot, photos of satellites and the ISS”. The folks over there were even nice enough to provide similar pictures that they had taken of known objects while working with their telescopes.

Wow, I'm shocked, a sight full of 'debunkers' (hate that word) says that some of these had to be the ISS/satelites at different angles, motion blur etc. Honestly, didn't see that coming. I hope you understand that is their opinion and in no way a solid fact.

I like bad astronomy, good site if your interested in learning about physics or astronomy, but if your looking for an objective opinion, I'd find somewhere else. It's like me going to Rense and parroting what they say over there as fact over here, similar site, other end of the spectrum.

They have strange looking shapes because they slight motion of hand holding the camera causes a different blur depending on the way the camera is shaken (even indiscernible shaking when taking a pic like that will cause a blur).

I've seen the images and IMO they are two totally different structures, they have a similar construction, but the shapes of the actual space station aren't even close.

EMM

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Originally posted by Max_TO
We seem to be going a bit off topic , there is no way we can prove or disprove an argument as to the possibility , or lack there of , of a secret station and the ability of such a project's ability to remain " hidden " from the general public

Nothing off topic about it, its more like you don’t want any scientific facts presented which disprove your theory.

What ?? I am not sure where that comes from ??

Yes for the record I would love any " facts " regarding the question that I asked , which was , " Just how many space stations are there ? "

Not sure what theory you think I implied ?

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers
Wow, I'm shocked, a sight full of 'debunkers' (hate that word) says that some of these had to be the ISS/satelites at different angles, motion blur etc. Honestly, didn't see that coming. I hope you understand that is their opinion and in no way a solid fact.

Are we talking about John Lenard Walson's hoax pictures or something else? I do remember seeing "secret space station pics" on bad astronomy before JLW made his debut. They did look like poorly taken ISS photos during an early phase of its construction. My own first video of ISS is not recognizable as ISS. In fact, it looked much more like some kind of UFO.
(I wasn't very good at website design either:
speur.tripod.com...)

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ngchunter

Originally posted by ElectroMagnetic Multivers

Are we talking about John Lenard Walson's hoax pictures or something else? I do remember seeing "secret space station pics" on bad astronomy before JLW made his debut. They did look like poorly taken ISS photos during an early phase of its construction. My own first video of ISS is not recognizable as ISS. In fact, it looked much more like some kind of UFO.
(I wasn't very good at website design either:
speur.tripod.com...)

Looked up the name, I believe they are the pictures I was refering, didn't know they had been claimed to be 'hoax'. Although, they are still intriuging images, I personally don't see the ISS in any of them, although I could be wrong.

Still though, I'll accept my mistake.

EMM

[edit on 13-9-2009 by ElectroMagnetic Multivers]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join