It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Yells 'You Lie' During Obama Speech

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Guess he's getting some traffic to his site:

Joomla! Logo Joe Wilson This site is down for maintenance. Please check back again soon.

What a jackass.

delius

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by admriker444

does the federal goverment have the constitutional authority to create a national healthcare plan ?

the answer is no

Actually, that is your interpretation and not that I don't agree with it. But if a healthcare bill passes, it is legally a law until the Supreme court declares it unconstitutional.

Now, what are the odds of the Supreme Court taking up this issue?

To me, the tenth amendment says the federal government is not allowed/supposed to pass this type of legislation, that it's up to the states or the people.

A lot of people have spoken, for both sides.

The people in government have spoken, for both sides.

I haven't came across any information in which any individual states have made a stance on the issue.

Didn't something similar like this happen back in the 1800s?

Besides all that, I think they all need to be kicked out, voted out, dragged out or whatever/however any large number of people decide to do it, when they do it, to get rid of all these people. I mentioned on another thread something about a citizens arrest on some of these people.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
I was actually shocked..It was direspectful and this was not the time or the place for that garbage.I am not a big Obama fan but I still think this was pretty trashy.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I started a another thread calling Rep out but apparently the moderators here didn't like my message so I'll repost here.

I watched the lie riddled speech this evening delivered by the messiah. So much of what he said was absolute BS. What impressed me most was how Rep Wilson, whether you agree with him or not, had the balls to speak his mind. Now, apparently those balls had shriveled and recessed as he has apparently apologized.

What’s that all about? This is not about whether you agree with him or not, it’s about sticking to your guns. Apparently his website has been so bogged down with traffic you can’t even get to it.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Who cares if someone called a Politician a Liar?

Seriously, are any of you on this board going to sit there with a straight face and tell me that The President of the United States, the Un-contested champion of Politicians, tells the truth? What grade of crack are you all smoking? Did the Entire country just go completely insane in the last few minutes?

Guess what kiddies, Politicians lie, especially Presidents. He didn't get elected by telling the truth. He got elected by telling you what you wanted to hear. And he wants to get elected again, and so, he will lie again, and again, and again. And it's ok, becuase people will believe him, becuase he is "Change you can believe in".

Bunch of slack jawed, slobbering, mouth breathers on here, get a clue.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by aravoth]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ratcals
I started a another thread calling Rep out but apparently the moderators here didn't like my message so I'll repost here.

I watched the lie riddled speech this evening delivered by the messiah. So much of what he said was absolute BS. What impressed me most was how Rep Wilson, whether you agree with him or not, had the balls to speak his mind. Now, apparently those balls had shriveled and recessed as he has apparently apologized.

What’s that all about? This is not about whether you agree with him or not, it’s about sticking to your guns. Apparently his website has been so bogged down with traffic you can’t even get to it.

So I guess having Balls instead of RESPECT is out the window huh? Maybe he should have thrown his shoe as well

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Guru97]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Once again, that's up for interpretation. You're interpreting that it will include illegal immigrants.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ratcals

I'm simply saying that he should excercise civility not ignorance.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Guru97

It's not like the Congressman was lieing when he called the President a liar....

No one cried when Bush got a shoe tossed at his face, most of us laughed, and a lot of us thought it was justified. Calling a politician a liar isn't disrespectful, it's the unvarnished truth.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
reply to post by xmaddness

Why hasn't he written the guidelines for a bill, and submitted it to Congress? Answer- if it fails, he can blame Republicans and Congress. If he writes one, and it fails to pass, or turns out to be a disaster, he would have to take the blame.

The President will take the blame regardless. He is the leader of his party and they control both the Senate and the House. It is getting old to blame the Republicans. However, I do not think it was apporiate to interrupt the President weather it had been Bush or Obama. It is disrespctful to the Office of the President.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:27 PM
link   
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...well..you know the rest.

Kudos to Rep. Wilson for stating the truth. Politicians lie. They cheat. They steal. Heck, look at the word "Politics"

Poly = many
Tic(k)s = bloodsucking parasite.

Many bloodsucking parasites. That seems like a pretty accurate description to me.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Obama's not a god ... he's a servant. A well-paid, feted, servant

It's good that congress-people call him out

Should be MORE of it, regardless of who temporarily holds the office

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Guru97

I agree. If a person is ignorant of the facts they should excersice civility. However, Rep Wilson is not ignorant of the facts so his comment was justified- IMHO.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Well, seems like his agenda worked. Well, I believe he had an agenda.

He called the president out, something most people in his position refuse to do. He now has everyone, even the MSM talking about it causing the question to be asked, "why did he say that?" Now everyone is talking about what lies the president has said.

Whether or not it was appropriate, it is done. And now it is being talked about everywhere.

I love how after the guy yelled it out, Obama said, "is not true". I thought for sure a live argument would break out.
"Your a liar" "not true" "is true" "is not" " your momma....." "shuut up"

I hope he sleeps with a gun near his bed and does not feel the urge to commit suicide

[edit on 9-9-2009 by inked up]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
You Lie!

I totally support Rep. Wilson for his outburst — This was just the mortifying slap in the face that this administration (and Congress) needs.

For months now, every time the American people have challenged the administration and Congressional leaders in public forums, the government has responded with reprehensible name-calling directed toward the American People. We've heard Congressional leadership refer to dissenters as "un-American" and "Nazis" and the president himself has called American dissent a "conspiracy"... It's not free speech, oh no, it's a "conspiracy."

Tonight, as we speak, Congressional leadership is deciding how to punish Rep. Wilson for embarrassing the president and the entire chamber on national TV.

So, when an elected Representative insults the president to his face, that Representative is going to be punished. But what about Congressional leadership insulting the American People to their faces? Don't Nancy Pelosi and Harry Reid and Barack Hussein Obama deserve some sort of punishment, as well?

The American People should start deciding, right now, how we are going to punish Congressional leadership for slandering and lying to US.

The 2010 Congressional elections are only a year away.

— Doc Velocity

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:39 PM
link   
IS the MSM covering it or are they just focusing on the apology? It seems only the Fox News entertainment is mentioning the outburst. The other liberal outlets are talking about and belittling Rep Wilson.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by netwarrior
If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...well..you know the rest.

Kudos to Rep. Wilson for stating the truth. Politicians lie. They cheat. They steal. Heck, look at the word "Politics"

Poly = many
Tic(k)s = bloodsucking parasite.

Many bloodsucking parasites. That seems like a pretty accurate description to me.

So Rep. wilson was actually having a mild case of Tourett's then, I mean He is also a politician right.

I'm simply just saying I thought it was rather distasteful to disrupt his speech on national television. Apparently he did as well as to why he apologized for it makes me question why even do it?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doc Velocity
You Lie!

The 2010 Congressional elections are only a year away.

— Doc Velocity

I got it!

Palin/Murdoch 2012!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by ratcals
IS the MSM covering it or are they just focusing on the apology? It seems only the Fox News entertainment is mentioning the outburst.

I wonder why

I am going to go watch the Bugs Bunny marathon on the Disney channel.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join