It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP Lawmaker's Graphic Sex-Bragging Caught On Tape

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   

GOP Lawmaker's Graphic Sex-Bragging Caught On Tape

Michael Duvall is a conservative Republican state representative from Orange County, California. While waiting for the start of a legislative hearing in July, the 54-year-old married father of two and family values champion began describing, for the benefit of a colleague seated next to him, his ongoing affairs with two different women. In very graphic detail.

As the OC Weekly reports, 
Duvall has "blasted" efforts to promote gay marriage, and got a 100 percent score from the Capitol Resource Institute, which describes its mission as to "educate, advocate, protect, and defend family-friendly policies in the California state legislature". In March, a spokeswoman for the group called Duvall "a consistent trooper for the conservative causes," adding that "for the last two years, he has voted time and time again to protect and preserve family values in California."

Read the full article here.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by paradigm619]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Once again, a politician builds his career on family values, and then is caught having multiple affairs. This case is particularly embarrassing since he was recorded, AND one of the women is an energy lobbyist. Just lovely.

Why can't we just have normal people running our country???

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Why oh why am I not surprised? "Family Values Advocate" must be code in Washington for sex pig, or something...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Democrats.
Republicans.
Professional Politicians.
Sodomites.
Liars.
Thieves.
Whore mongers.

I believe that covers it.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Are we surprised by this? Gop candidate does so and so. Hmm. Oh well, I never would have thought a Gop candidate would ever have done that

They all do this.

they see their actions, even though similiar to the common, mistake making person, as somehow from a higher calling. I'm reminded of the anti-gun senator or congressman or whatever you call them from a few weeks ago who shot a person in his employ while said person was knocking on his door.

I just can't imagine a way in which the congruency of each party could be any clearer....call one the left nut and the other the right?
....nope, still doesn't do it.

As hairy and wrinkley as these guys are they just have a talent of adding references to "hypocrisy" in the dictionary.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:34 PM
link   
Heh, heh, heh. And with a lobbyist at that. What a moron. lol. So are we going to see him making a public speech, asking for forgiveness with his wife standing next to him smiling?

The governor of California can be recalled. Can assembly critters be recalled? I would hope this clown does what many Republican family values hypocrites do when they are caught with their hand in the nook.......er cookie jar and step down.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pilot
Why oh why am I not surprised? "Family Values Advocate" must be code in Washington for sex pig, or something...

He's not in Washington. He's California state representative, which is very low on the Republican food-chain.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The next thing we'll hear is that the colleague Duvall was talking with
leads the same lifestyle. After all, birds of a feather...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
the woman he made love to must have been john edwards

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
In case anybody hasn't figured it out yet what family values really means is extra martial affairs with members of the opposite or the same sex and such like . Instead accepting human failings the religious right have chosen to con a bunch of Christian orientated voters . I have got some real estate in Niger to sell to anyone who still swallows the whole family values line .

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Who cares? John Edwards cheated on his dying wife during the primaries and the MSM covered it up. They're still covering it up.

Many of them claim its because "nobody cares abotu John Edwards". Well who cares about this guy? NOBODY!

Originally posted by paradigm619
Once again, a politician builds his career on family values, and then is caught having multiple affairs. This case is particularly embarrassing since he was recorded, AND one of the women is an energy lobbyist. Just lovely.

Why can't we just have normal people running our country???

Yeah, how dare he have Values!

You do know human beings aren't perfect, right? Or do you think that people who have principles must be perfect?

You see what happens when you rely on the MSM to do all your thinking?

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Wimbly]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

Mr Wimbly,

It is the hypocrisy of an individual who condemns others for the very thing that they gleefully partake in behind closed doors that is what is being pointed out here, of course no one is perfect, however to try and pretend to be to get votes from those who blindly follow anyone using certain buzzwords like "family", " Christian" or "values" is what we are actually discussing...nice try. No, actually not nice, weak, desperate and illogical.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Wow, when I see a tagline like "Graphic sex-bragging" I expect something that's Letters to Penthouse worthy. The descriptions and "graphic" he painted left me completely flaccid. Epic fail, EPIC fail.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:25 AM
link   
So, lobbyists are using prostitutes now, as well as cash bungs to influence support. Of course, this could also have turned out to have been a honey trap leading to blackmail and compromise.
I wonder how many more are at it and compromised? Remember the DC Madam and how all her papers seemed to disappear after she "hung herself".

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wimbly
You do know human beings aren't perfect, right? Or do you think that people who have principles must be perfect?

You see what happens when you rely on the MSM to do all your thinking?

I don't care who you are, it's never ok to cheat on your spouse. Sure human beings aren't perfect, but that doesn't mean we should at least try to live decent lives.

This man has a job to do, and that's representing his constituents. Banging lobbyists likely isn't helping him carry out his job. Get a grip on reality.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

UPDATE: Duvall Resigns After Sex Bragging

That was quick. Mike Duvall has resigned from public office.

In a statement on his campaign website, he wrote:

I am deeply saddened that my inappropriate comments have become a major distraction for my colleagues in the Assembly, who are working hard on the very serious problems facing our state. I have come to the conclusion that it would not be fair to my family, my constituents or to my friends on both sides of the aisle to remain in office. Therefore, I have decided to resign my office, effective immediately, so that the Assembly can get back to work.

Source

So he decided to step down. Good idea in my opinion. I wouldn't necessarily support his resignation, except for the fact that he was sleeping with lobbyists. Once it becomes a conflict of interest with his job, that's when he should tuck his tail and admit fault.

*Edit to add source*

[edit on 10-9-2009 by paradigm619]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by paradigm619

I am deeply saddened that my inappropriate comments have become a major distraction for my colleagues in the Assembly, who are working hard on the very serious problems facing our state.

Translation: I am deeply saddened that my comments were picked up by an open mic. Blah, blah, filler, filler, blah, (etc ad infinitum.)

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyo
Are we surprised by this? Gop candidate does so and so. Hmm. Oh well, I never would have thought a Gop candidate would ever have done that

Wanna know the difference between Dem scumbag and a GOP scumbag? You never will because the MSM will only report one side.

Can't we just call a scumbag a scumbag and be done with it?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by paradigm619

"normal people"?

Isn't this the norm nowadays? Sex sells and our government runs on $$$.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Just another "Do as I say, not as I do" piece of garbage politician...

Sometimes, I do get sad by what corruption there is within our government...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join