It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "Fringe" Advertisement

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
I realize that the nature of this post would be best suited in the ad hitlist thread.
There is a reason I don't put it there.

With all of the bickering over AJ and his recent antics, and considering the fact that ATS is posturing itself to be a frontrunner in exposing this "hoax", I disagree with the fringe advertisements posted all over the front of this website.

I would hope that this would be obvious to some why I say so, but I'll explain further...
Whenever I open a new tab on my browser, the default page is a visual list of my most recently viewed sites...
ATS is nearly always at the top. So, lately, when I look at the thumbnail of this site, I see in bold blue "FRINGE" and nothing else. There are actually TWO spaces devoted to these bold statements on the front page.

Like I said, this is a beef I have with the advertisement, but only partly.

This has actually been going on for a while now, the ad. These developments are rather recent (AJ).
Here on this site there is much debate as to the nature of the AJ fiasco, and I am still undecided, but I am disheartened by the fact that this site is putting its face out in a public manner with such a controversial tag-line.

I don't know how to word this any better without jumping head-first into accusations that are being voiced throughout these threads of late.

In short, what about that ad?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I dont like advertising either, but I dont know what the fringe ad has to do with Alex jones, ? The first season of FRINGE the tv series is out on DVD so its been all over the internet, well not all over, but I ve seen it other places to. I thought it was a cool show though.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

I am going to have to respectfully disagree with you. One, ATS is funded by ads--NO ADS= NO ATS. Two, Fringe (which is my favorite show, the new "X-Files", btw) is a fictional TV show, and a good one IMHO. Three, fringe science is real and is not a hoax. It is fringe because the topics it deals with are either at the fringe of understanding or considered 'out there' by many because the topics and postulates the various fringe sciences deal with.

It has nothing to do with ATS, or any other fringe entity exposing a hoax. It is the DUTY of all, fringe or not, to expose the non-factual from the factual. ATS is the front runner in the world in the fringe area in my opinion (and many others).

I am SO GLAD to see ATS step up ONCE AGAIN and show that all we are trying to do is discover the truth and deny ignorance, nothing more, nothing less. The majority of people on here and other fringe related areas are just out to uncover what is unknown or being withheld from the light. By exposing hoaxes it shows the world that we are not just a bunch of lunatics who live in another world from the rest of the population.

I believe that one day it is quite possible that the 'fringe world' will get the recognition it deserves and help to uncover a vastly unexplored reality. So in conclusion I must say that people are blowing the whole Alex Jones and any other related "ATS/Fringe World bashing" thing out of proportion, mainly for other purposes, either conscious or unconscious in my opinion.~Justin

[edit on 9/9/2009 by jkrog08]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

yeah thats what I thought to, thank god for ads than right, or we wouldnt be here. and it is an awesome show, cant wait for the new season starts next week.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

i see fringe as basically " ats tv". many of the topics of last season's episodes have been topics here for years, and i think this season we're going to see even more familiar topics. so the fringe ad in my opinion is actually one of the only ads i've seen that actually makes sense on this site.

better that than " make five thousand dollars a week selling shoe leather on youtube!" nonsense.*

*it wasn't about shoe leather in actuality lol

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The cast and director of Fringe have been collaborating on the content of the show and have actually checked out ATS to get ideas.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Eh, it is probably more of me looking at the site from a distance...
As I said, I was only able to see "Abovetopsecre.com... FRINGE"
Literally.
I more than likely overreacted writing this thread. Just with all of the hooplah surrounding recent developments here, I was disheartened to see FRINGE plastered all over this site.

Disregard.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by jkrog08

Wow. Is there something cool on TV these days? That almost bums me out, I haven't had any sort of television programming at my place for several months. If it's "like X-Files", maybe I should schedule a visit to a friend's house and commandeer their remote.

I agree, ATS needs ads. I'm just glad I don't see those annoying and completely unrelated ad links in thread posts anymore.

Apparently, when you have 300 flags you no longer see the ads, I've heard. Might be something to strive for, in the case of those who dislike the ads... please don't "troll" for S&F though, people.

By the way, does anyone remember "Dark Skies"? It only ran for one season, but it was pretty cool!

top topics

join