It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conspiracy Theory: The Conspiracy Theory of all Conspiracy Theories.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Nice thread. Unlike the rest of them out there on ATS which are just short open ended questions on current events. You actually took the time to write out a lengthy topic. My 8th grade science teacher used to work for Wright Patterson AFB and at the DOD. How he came to my school, I have no idea (I do know a lot of scientists ease into retirement by teaching at schools) but I decided to make the most of it. I asked him if the Aura (spy plane) was real, and he said "probably" (with a smile). But then he could tell I was interested in secret military projects and went on to say "usually when they say it isn't real, it is." Now put yourself in the AFB's shoes. If you were developing this stuff, how reluctant would you be to publish it?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
United in our questions rather than divided by our theories...love it. very well put.

nice thread with some great points. makes a nice change from the usual mindless bickering. well done!!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Well... if *YOU* were going to lie to the public about some serious event...

And only the Real cause of the event makes any sense... and any other story (Including the one that you have to tell to keep your butt out of jail) could not possibly add up...

How would YOU get away with it?

Easy... You would get as many respected public persona's to publicly ridicule rationality, individual thought, and objective analysis as you possibly could with Ad Homenim Attacks, and Appeals to Ridicule.

Human beings have a much more powerful instinctual desire to follow the whims of the tribe, than they do to follow the truth.

This springs from Evolutionary Psychology... where in earlier times, the tribal human's expulsion from the Tribe usually meant death, and near ALWAYS meant not passing along their genes to the next generation (Natural Selection)

Therefore, it is easy to convince the entire populous that up is down, black is white, right is wrong, wet is dry, etc, etc, etc...

Just pay the most respected Public persons to preach your evangelical, and BOOM... Follow the leader time!

-Edrick

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think the best way to set an example is to refuse to participate. Where we put our attention, that is where where are. Learn enough of the tricks to avoid being part of the scam where ever and when ever possible. Almost everything is a conspiracy, sometimes we just call it by other names, boondoggle, flimflam, scam, rip-off, highway robbery, con, etc., etc..

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Great thread king, sums up the way I feel, especially about the use of conspiracy theory in the mainstream that triggers people into thinking up must be made up by a crackpot in a tin foil hat. I have long since gave up trying to open peoples eyes as all it get you into is arguments with morons and frustrated. I say let the sheeple graze, ignorance must be bliss as when you try to awaken them from it you get some reaction

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by king9072

Hi King
Great post

I liked the bit on JFK, speaking of which, I urge everyone to listen to one of his last speeches. It details his plan to rid us of and fight TPTB.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
If I could I would give this post two stars. Well said, and an awesome read.

Agree 100%.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
My first star i have given, such important points, yes you are right.
We are ignorant, we don,t have the knowledge, information. We live in a union playing our tiny part of the whole that is supposed to be working together for the good of all.
For this to work correctly depends on honesty, we don,t want fractions. we as the majority pay the minority to look after ours.We elect others to represent us so they work for us, but then they forget.
Conspiracy and Corruption, funny, those that misuse those actions are so quick to distance themselves when it all comes to light and exposed.
Its, er not me OR i didn,t know OR not only me OR i was doing what i was told OR, OR ,OR, many OR,s
You notice as well that there are extremes, you can ask someone a question ,they can flip by shouting or screaming with a loud arguement,just because they happen to be in a really bad mood.it,s all about understanding life.cause things ain,t what they APPEAR to be.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
what do you think of the new ABC show series on conspiracy.

abc.go.com...

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Personally I think this thread should be the basis of the terms and conditions/guidelines of joining ATS.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I think this is the first extensive thread I have ever written that didn't have its fair share of haters by page 2. So for that, thank you.

"Easy... You would get as many respected public persona's to publicly ridicule rationality, individual thought, and objective analysis as you possibly could with Ad Homenim Attacks, and Appeals to Ridicule.

Human beings have a much more powerful instinctual desire to follow the whims of the tribe, than they do to follow the truth. "

That's exactly it. They get enough reputable people to discredit you, to a point where the remainder not only do not listen to you, but will also discredit you using the tools of the reputable.

That's why I used the MLK quote, because it strikes a very important chord for me. Since it practically details my life. I will not take the safe side of the debate, nor the politic side, nor the popular side, I will take the side that my conscience says is right.

If that leads to me being ridiculed and belittled then so be it. But we are at a point now, where we are reaching critical mass.

Which then leads me to my next quote,

"First they came for the Communists, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Communist. Then they came for the Jews, and I didn’t speak up, because I wasn’t a Jew. Then they came for the Catholics, and I didn’t speak up, because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me, and by that time there was no one left to speak up for me."

- Pastor Martin Niemöller

If we do not speak up for injustice whether it is our injustice or our neighbors, there will come a time when we will face our own injustice. Our silence through others suffering is what will allow for suffering through our own.

I have tried all sides to get my points across to this forum, and I am at a point where I will offend some people, and I was face the situation where I am often the minority.

Time will prove that I have been right all along, it has nothing to do with prediction or prophecy, rather the observation of past events which are mirrored continually in current events.

For those who do not yet have the courage to be a voice of one, you must take refuge in the idea that the people who have systematically allowed this country to be raped and pillaged will soon be exposed as the criminals. With zero oversight, criticism and sound reasoning. Instead these people have gone to the polar opposite of the spectrum, impeding anyone who attempts to ask real questions and demand real answers. The same people who will push lies, distorted facts, and biased reporting as factual reporting.

Soon, the elephant in the room will be far to large to get rid of by ignoring it, or belittling it, or attacking it, not even calling the elephant a crazy loonie will be enough as the facts will overwhlem their ability to construct a fabricated reality.

People will have no choice but recognize these treasonous characters (make no mistake, this is what these "Reporters" are).

[edit on 10-9-2009 by king9072]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:02 PM
link   
King, thank you for this breakdown of the matter, you did a great job. I have found that when I ask questions, of course leading ones, and leave people with something to think about I get much farther than by spouting what I "know". I have been thinking too about the silly specific things people in the movement think about.

One thing I refuse to do outside of ats is identify myself as a "truther" now that it has such a negative connotation. I tell people when it comes up that I don't have the answers, but I have many questions and will give them a couple. I avoid the arguments of what hit it, holographs, missile, or explosives .... just the fact that the OS doesn't add up.

We may have disagreed on other areas, but here on this we are in total agreement. I don't have time this evening to check out the linked threads, but you can best believe I am tomorrow.

red

S and F double if possible

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I have stewed on it a little and I believe that we should battle the media (i.e. TPTB) with their own weapon: SEMANTICS

We have allowed them to hijack the sensibilities of the common people and re-educate our minds to understand how old words can now mean something entirely different. This, my friends is the ultimate pitfall. ATS needs a catchy phrase that can hook the masses. I am referring to the masses that have gone beyond the ideas of self reliance and come to rely on the nanny state. How about this:

DON'T PEE ON MY LEG AND TELL ME IT'S RAINING!

Yes, that's it. Perfect. I think that people just need to be reminded that they are being used as urinals because TPTB have reached that kind of a comfort zone. It is up to us to say, "HEY BROTHERS & SISTERS! SOMEONE IS PEEING ON YOUR LEG AND YOU ARE JUST GOING TO STAND THERE AND TAKE IT?"

This is a great post because it really gets to the heart of the matter. The generation that was telling us not to trust anybody over the age of 50 is now, well, over 50. These hypocrites believe they are "the means" to "the end". There is nothing wrong with truth. We just want truth. Is that too much to ask?

S AND F

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Excellent and precisely to the point, king!

The other day a friend of mine sent me a video that was "sure to give me goose bumps"...

It was a beautifully done patriotic online video supposedly put together by a woman's son, she a republican and ardent tea party activist, urging people to rise and fight for the freedoms and ideals that America "once stood for".

What is did was choke me up with sadness and anger. That illusion was such a beautiful lie, and we all want to irrationally believe in it irregardless that the truth is anything but what we have been taught or shown.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[edit on 11-9-2009 by Phosphoros]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 12:57 PM
link   

"My dear brothers, never forget, when you hear the progress of enlightenment vaunted, that the devil's best trick is to persuade you that he doesn't exist!"
-Baudelair, Le Joueur généreux

The greatest trick the Devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.
-Verbal Kint, The Usual Suspects

In my opinion, the conspiracy theorist has been demonized in popular culture to the point of near ridicule, of course the puppeteers of such acts of demonization have conspired to do this to protect the knowledge of actions in support of past, present, and future conspiracies they engage in.

If not for this demonization, rational debate regarding conspiracies, or these purported acts of deception against the population would occur.

Today is 9-11-09, and it pains me as an educated, rational mind, that after 8 years, that anyone still believes the narrative presented to the public as the 'Official Story'. Perhaps aspect of the narrative are indeed fact, but the willing suspension of belief by the public to accept any number of discrepancies is mind numbing.

Thank you for such a terrific thread. Star and Flag!
DocMoreau

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Clearly communicated. Spot on accuracy. Great timing. I will share your thread with a few folks I know and love, who have been unable (or unwilling) to see through the fog (a much more polite term than I'd like to use). They will either continue to be led around by the invisible reins of discouragement, distraction and deceit... or break free and live in truth.

So now, instead of attacking the person who initially lied to us, we now attack the “OUTRAGEOUS CONSPIRACY THEORY” (sound familiar?). For instance, lets look at what Wikipedia says about CT's

The term is therefore often used dismissively in an attempt to characterize a belief as outlandishly false and held by a person judged to be a crank or a group confined to the lunatic fringe. Such characterization is often the subject of dispute due to its possible unfairness and inaccuracy.

It is this exact statement that characterizes my entire thread. Because this is what Mainstream Media has anchored to the term “Conspiracy Theory” in the minds of the majority of Americans.

So as soon as the mainstream media labels ANYTHING a conspiracy theory, subconsciously the minds of hundreds of millions of people instantly trigger the anchor that this is “a belief that is outlandishly false, and held by a person judged to be a crank or a group confined to the lunatic fringe.”

Through ignorance, and the use of that anchor, people are forced into their tiny little box. Where they question little, and demand answers for even less. People are ignorantly refusing to ask for answers to legitimate questions, that would resolve the official version of events – so that conspiracy theories are not necessary.

Your explanation can, for the most part, also be applied to personal events (minus the media bit). I immediately thought of relationship conflicts. An easy example... when one partner will not answer a question or lies to avoid the revelation of their immorality or lack of integrity... they usually accuse the other partner of having "trust issues", "baggage", "overactive imagination", the list goes on. The closer the 2nd partner is to discovering the truth, the more the 1st partner goes on the offensive. If the 2nd partner stands their ground, the 1st partner eventually issues an ultimatum to the 2nd partner... such as, "if you don't drop this, we're over".

It seems to me that, as above, TPTB and media have also been going on the offensive, to the extreme. Never before have I felt such ominous threats lurking out there... like the sudden coverage of internment camps, mandatory quarantine, collecting of personal info from internet groups, subtle (and not so subtle) threats for having an opinion that differs from the gov't... no wonder so many are still afraid to look truth in the face!

At some point, as the truth becomes more clear and more people awaken, I can only suspect that TPTB will issue straight forward ultimatums.

Thank you for your thread.

My first star & flag to you!

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by packinmomma

You're right, this can all be related to personal issues because lying follows the same progression every single time. Unless all pertinent facts can be concealed, and the liar can refuse to be questioned, it always has to follow the same progression.

Now, as you mentioned when a liar is faced with evidence they cannot refute, whether it's your cheating old lady, a politician, your asshole neighbor, or a police officer in court, they are forced to attack the messenger for that evidence. In situations where there is a 3rd party observer, the liar is challenged with the task of convincing the third party that the other person is out of their mind, and there for will deny the evidence of the lunatic. Throughout history, this has proven to be phenomenally effective.

--

Now, back to your quote,

I will share your thread with a few folks I know and love, who have been unable (or unwilling) to see through the fog (a much more polite term than I'd like to use). They will either continue to be led around by the invisible reins of discouragement, distraction and deceit... or break free and live in truth.

The issue is this. What I have discovered is that the primary reason for people to be intentionally ignorant is fear. But more precisely, the fear that perhaps they have no clue what is going on. It is easy for a younger generation, grown up on the internet to understand that the world is not the way it is portrayed. But those who forcefully choose to deny, if they admit that one of these "outlandish" and "lunatic" conspiracy theories were true, then that would mean that their government has lied to them. Which in turn opens up a Pandora's box of questioning every other event in history.

The most tragic irony is that if this Pandora box were to open for someone who had been intentionally ignorant, they would soon be amazed to find that there are contradictions in practically every major event in United States history. So many so, that to not immediately question any new event would be an insult to your own intelligence.

Thus, I truly hope you do succeed in convincing those you love. People would likely be surprised to learn that I have issues with a few people that I love, and despite my abilities have been unable to thoroughly convince them. So these people I love, continue to march through the fog with their head tilted slightly forward and down, their arms extended in front of them, and drool trickling from their open jaw.

In my life, discovering that the entire thing was a fraud was and continues to be the most freeing part of my life. Once a mind has opened, it cannot easily be closed again. If you are able to teach someone something, they will apply it throughout the rest of their life.

Opening someones eyes to reality, will in turn give them a much greater ability to make informed decisions in the future. I feel so terrible for all the blind, ignorant fools that are pouring their money into the "rebounding" stock market. These people are intentionally ignorant, and soon they will lose everything. But the simple act of opening their eyes 2 years ago, would have saved them everything.

Good luck to all, opening your eyes, as well as the eyes of those you love, should be the primary goal of every member of this site. Soon, their life may depend on it.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by king9072]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join