It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmart's Project Impact: A Move to Crush Competition

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:15 PM
link   
reply to post by compwiz32190

Why buy overpriced electronics from Best Buy when I can buy them at Wal-Mart for less?

Because Best Buy has knowledgeable employees and a Price Match policy!!

I go in and talk to them, go home and shop the internet, print the best deals, go back and negotiate a great price from a quality store!!

I try to only shop at local stores, but for electronics we no longer have any local stores!!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Haha you must be joking. Their "knowledge" for the most part is trying to sell $80 HDMI cables that you can buy for $5 on the Internet, and they will only pricematch local competitors, which isn't too many. Either way, their sales for a while now have been less than stellar. We are going to to see a "make it or break it" situation for many retailers if they don't improve after this holiday season.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by compwiz32190]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by compwiz32190

Well, the knowledge was in comparison to the WalMart folks, lol!

We are pretty lucky at my local Best Buy, because this is a University town, so we have a lot of tech junkies working part-time there!!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The Only true Future these Kinda stores have is in the Smithsonian,

Labled the " WTF were we thinking series "

Once we get past our petty egos and legos, we can finnaly enjoy a world breakfast / lunch / or dinner On the house, for once our common sense has kicked in we shall see that our money is what is holding us back from the rest of the universe.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join