It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homeless man could get 5 years for wearing handcuff keys

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Your right, welcome to a fascist world guys.
This saddens me a lot, in fact no it sickens me to my stomach. Is this really a world we want to live in???

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Originally posted by stevegmu

Probably his long criminal record, or that he was harassing women. They finally got something on him that can put him away, and make the community safer. Good job.

There is no evidence that he has a long criminal record, or that he was harassing women, he was arrested for possession of a small amount of marijuana and being a vacrant, the handcuff keys were around a necklace tucked underneath his shirt.

To take 5 years of a persons life for something so non consequential is criminal in itself, I could not possibly condone or advocate that!

What vagrant doesn't have a long criminal record?
Actually, the article states he was arrested for =

disorderly intoxication, marijuana possession and two counts of possession of a concealed handcuff key

Gonzalez was arrested Aug. 16 after Miami Beach police said he was harassing women on the South Beach sand

Having actually read the article, I see nothing about him being arrested for being a vagrant.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
My wife and I both have a good key on our keychains!! We must be a crime syndicate!!

This is a personal defense item. What if we are kidnapped, or our sex gets out of hand, and one of us passes out drunk while the other is still cuffed to the headboard!!

5 years?!? What constitutes a key? What if I make one, and I claim it is just an emblem?

There's a book about that, called Gerald's Game by Stephen King.

That's why those keys are always a good idea.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Agreed... I don't own hand cuff keys myself.... Although when I was 12 years old and "mis-spending" my youth, I once ..procured hitch cuffs from an off duty officers personal vehicular.. Moral of the story? When you live in a metropolis apartment building, lock your car door.

In my defense I have changed my ways since I was 12 and no longer procure things improperly.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Ridiculous....

To think this man would use that key regardless after being arrested is just ignorant. They search you and remove all your items prior to you being sent into a cell. What could this man possibly do with this key? Run up on someone being arrested and attempt to uncuff them? There's absolutely no threat! He had it as a necklace...not secretly hid away.

This is just another over-the-top law that holds no water but is "necessary" I'm sure. For a homeless man to be arrested (At age 22 nonetheless) for having a handcuff key (do they even know if the key works, if its a fake, if its legit?) is ridiculous....

Florida does have some crazy laws but for them to follow this and throw it on top of his charges is obscene! The man is no threat. If anything he should have been given a misdemeanor for having that key. Not a napster-like jail sentence.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I heard bobby pins for hair, are handcuff keys too =)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by titorite

Agreed... I don't own hand cuff keys myself.... Although when I was 12 years old and "mis-spending" my youth, I once ..procured hitch cuffs from an off duty officers personal vehicular.. Moral of the story? When you live in a metropolis apartment building, lock your car door.

In my defense I have changed my ways since I was 12 and no longer procure things improperly.

I sleep with my front door unlocked and never have locked my car doors. If someone wants to break in or steal something or hurt me they are going to find a way to one way or another.

I don't and won't live in the fear paradigm.

My home has never been robbed although one night when using a substance I shall not mention here I was sure someone broke in and stole everything I owned in the world and replaced it with an exact duplicate.

My car windows have been smashed twice by people burglarizing my car which really ticked me off since the doors weren't locked.

One thing is for sure stupid crooks sure are lazy as in too lazy to check to see that the door is unlocked so I don't have to buy a 125.00 piece of glass for them to realize there is nothing in my car worth stealing!

What a world!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by stevegmu

Oh talking to girls who don't want anything to do with you, drinking and smoking pot!

You have convinced me now, electrocution is too good, lets tie him to an African Ant Hill covered with honey!

Can you say NEW WORLD ORDER POLICE STATE...

I bet you can.

Most vacrants are mentally impaired, it's true many of them indulge in drugs and alchohol which I don't approve or condone but victimless crimes are victimless crimes.

It's silly to arrest a person with no history of violence towards others and I am sorry lame pick up lines on women is not violence to women but a masochistic endeavor to the man who invariably gets shot down for trying, humiliated and in this case hauled off to jail for it.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Lmfao, i swear that happened to me too.

Might of been the same guy

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler

Oh talking to girls who don't want anything to do with you, drinking and smoking pot!

Yes, harassing women, drinking/being drunk in public, and possession of illegal drugs is against the law in Florida, as well as many other states. Don't like the laws, then move, or change them.
These mentally ill vagrants should be rounded up and sent to institutions to take care of them, if they are so sick.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by refuse_orders

Your right, welcome to a fascist world guys.
This saddens me a lot, in fact no it sickens me to my stomach. Is this really a world we want to live in???

It sure isn't a world I want to live in. That's why I post news articles like this so people can think about just what the heck is really going on in this crazy world of ours!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Drinking/being drunk in public, harassing women, and drug possession are all legal in Mexico. Have fun.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Drinking/being drunk in public, harassing women, and drug possession are all legal in Mexico. Have fun.

Drinking and being drunk in Public happens in Bars throughout the United States of America, that's what Bars are for drinking!

Harassing women is not a crime until it becomes criminal in nature. Harassment laws are pretty specific. Women harass me all the time, take out the trash, call me, be on time, don't put you elbows on the table, I don't have them arrested for it!

The marijuana is a misdomeanor code violation punishable by a fine no different than a parking ticket.

These charges are nonsense, and an attempt to simply warehouse a human being that likely needs counseling and employment assistance.

You are mighty liberal with the taxpayers money friend.

I sure don't want to pay to feed, house and clothe someone for possessing handcuff keys.

I take it you own stock in Unicore Prison Industries?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I don't really care for the topic at hand, but WTF @ the high percentage of people that practice BDSM and bondage on ATS.

I mean what the ****?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Deus Ex Machina 42
I don't really care for the topic at hand, but WTF @ the high percentage of people that practice BDSM and bondage on ATS.

I mean what the ****?

Lets face it friend you have either got to be a sadist or a masochist to spend your time immersed in conspiracy theories about doom and gloom and the world ending!

Never thought about that now have you...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Was he in a bar? I'd rather pay to house him, than have him out there stealing and robbing to get money for drugs and alcohol, or potentially raping/molesting women. He can get treatment in prison.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by stevegmu]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Ah the preemptive war strategy. You are spending too much time in D.C. friend. You need to pull up a Palm Tree grab a cold one, sit back and relax and learn to live and let live.

Construction workers harass women too, we don't arrest them for it.

Most cops have a beer when they get off work. We don't arrest them for it.

One here in Miami was so drunk she smashed her police cruiser into a parked van and fled the scene of the accident.

I think they fined her a days pay.

This man has done nothing wrong to deserve 5 years in prison and Miami is being sued by for it's abysmal care of mental patients it incarcerates, jail is a school for criminals not a place to get treatment or rehabilitation.

It robs people of their dignity, soul and spirit nothing more, nothing less, the high percentage of repeat offenders should be telling the politicians in Washington something as well as the U.S. having the highest per capita prison population in the world.

Of course it's mostly Senators that own stock in Unicore Industries so lots of luck there.

[edit on 9/9/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by AceOfAces

This is just another over-the-top law that holds no water but is "necessary" I'm sure. For a homeless man to be arrested (At age 22 nonetheless) for having a handcuff key (do they even know if the key works, if its a fake, if its legit?) is ridiculous....

It is rediculous, its the wholesale warehousing of human beings for frivolous and rediculous reasons.

It's clear his real crime by a charge and potential sentence like this is simply not being productive enough for socieites and government's endless thirst for tax dollars and profit.

In prison he will be forced to work and the state will profit off of his labor.

This is nothing but Roman's Ship's Captain Law at it's worst.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:20 AM
link   

My whole point is that I can't believe the police would have arrested him just for the handcuff keys. He is probably a nuisance to them on a daily basis, and they finally found something to get him out of their jurisdiction for a while. If he hadn't been drunk in public harassing women, he wouldn't have been searched, his pot wouldn't have been found, nor his key. If he didn't have a criminal record, he wouldn't be facing jail time.
He's a drunk bum on the street. He lost his dignity long ago. Prison may be the only way he gets help.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by stevegmu]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:27 AM
link   

My whole point is that I can't believe the police would have arrested him just for the handcuff keys. He is probably a nuisance to them on a daily basis, and they finally found something to get him out of their jurisdiction for a while. If he hadn't been drunk in public harassing women, he wouldn't have been searched, his pot wouldn't have been found, nor his key.

You know what they say about assumptions!

The only thing more corrupt than the citizens in Miami is the Politicians in Miami...Federal Prison Camp is usually their retirement from office program. The only thing more corrupt than the politicians in Miami is Law enforcement in Miami.

The papers are full on a constant daily basis of police corruption, police criminal conduct, and police burtality.

I wouldn't comment on how the police in Adams Morgan operate or in Georgetown, Bethesda, Chevy Chase or Alexandria.

If you don't live in Miami and speak the various lanquages you would never dream of what goes on down here in a million years.

It ain't Kansas. Miami is a third world city state banana republic and as a resident I wouldn't have it any other way, but trust me, this is not what you imagine it to be.

This is some New World Order thug straight out of military uniform into a police uniform and some fanatic prosecutor looking for headlines.

[edit on 10/9/09 by ProtoplasmicTraveler]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join