It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News- Right now Plane hijacked in Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Apparently drug dealers have threatened to blow up the plane with hundreds of people on board unless the Mexican president speaks with them.

**UPDATE

Airliner hijacked in Mexico, lands safely

An AeroMexico passenger plane was hijacked at the airport in the Mexican resort of Cancun on Wednesday and flown to Mexico City's international airport.

Transport Minister Juan Molinar told Mexican radio the aircraft had landed safely.

El Universal and Reforma websites said three men earlier seized control of the plane and threatened to blow it up unless they were allowed to speak to President Felipe Calderon.

www.reuters.com...

LT APNewsAlert
www.google.com...

[edit on 9-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Seems like an easy enough request to comply with to save lives. Land the plane and talk to them, but by no means allow them to go away without repercussions. Save the people.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Drug dealers???

Anyhow god help them, Mexican security forces will shoot blindly into a crowded stadium
if it will kill one bad guy.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
news.bbc.co.uk...

A passenger plane flying from the Mexican resort of Cancun has been hijacked and flown to Mexico City, officials say.

Transport Minister Juan Molinar told Mexican radio the jet had landed safely at Mexico City's international airport.

Local media reported seeing passengers leaving the plane and boarding buses.

To add - it's unclear how many passengers still remain on the plane and how the situation has been resolved.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by mr-lizard]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

Well this will be interesting... thanks for the info warren! Wonder what their motives are for the hijacking? I guess we shall eventually see...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by mental modulator
Drug dealers???

Anyhow god help them, Mexican security forces will shoot blindly into a crowded stadium
if it will kill one bad guy.

Well the GAFE (Mexico's CT force) is trained by GIGN(France CT force) standards so they're pretty good. Plus I hear from an old childhood friend of mine that they have been training with United States counter-terrorist groups the past few months(his unit at least) so they have to be good. He wouldn't tell me what US forces were training them though which sucks because I find it interesting. It might be a private firm like Triple Canopy maybe.

EDIT: Apparently they have also been trained in School of the Americas and by Israeli Special Forces... so they're quite good.

[edit on 9/9/2009 by 3vilscript]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:30 PM
link   
By the way apparently they hijacked the train because God told them to. There is no joke there that's what Mexican media is reporting.

top topics

join