It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Failed an OoBE attempt

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Yup I sure think I did, okay so i was lying there with headphones in my ears blasting (not a great idea but seemed to help a little for some reason) and i did all my little excercises: skipped relaxation as i felt i was there, clearing my thoughts, energy work, used a falling tech, felt vibrations, and went for a exit tech. During this i got agitated with the headphones and threw them which messed me up surprisingly very little, but also during the time they were on and i was trying to exit i heard really really weird noises, astral noises i assume? i dont know it sounded like a ghost wailing, or banshee, or like that noise wind makes against your houses that sounds like a ghost if you know what im talking about. either way i also felt an extreme surge of energy up my body and shortly after it i just figured i missed the exit and didnt bother waiting for the other body to come back because he/i never does, and yay i had sleep paralysis.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Get used to it mate ): it's really hard to do it I've been trying for ages
& I've never once been able to do it
i really need to try harder

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 4stral4pprentice

Well the head phones were your first problem.

You should not attempt OOBE's with such large ammounts of internal vibrations until you are use to it.

Find a quiet place, make your mind at peace and will yourself out. Make sure there are no distrations.

The sounds you heard are Astral ones. Don't try to compare them to stuff, believe me, You will soon realize that they are sounds you've NEVER heard before.

You might see colors you've never seen either.

Just keep practising. A good round of Chakra meditation before hand usually helps alot

If you need any more advice, feel free to ask.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

whats the best way to avoid the mind spit effect? what i mean is what my problem more then likely is, is when im trying to exit. should i just focus on practicing, to bring my awareness out of my body? i think its when i try to exit and i pay too much attention or try to over analyze everything that i stay in my physical or etheric, and not just observe and go with the flow and project. could this be a problem? lol my biggest problem is more then likely i need to practice more often.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Check you U2u.

Another thing is breathing. Very important to keep up a breathe in through your mouth, exhale through your nose type scenario.

it gives it a determined flow and allows you to visualize yourself outside much easier.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
"I would suggest the Remote Viewing technique.

Attempt to imagine yourself "above" your body looking down.

The problem with most people is that they over exert themselves. You can only "will" yourself out, if you have a totaly clear mind and aren't focusing on anything else.

This is why the music tends to be more of a distraction, even if it is helping you get into the "zen" mode.

~Keeper " Quoting your U2U so everyone can read it =)

EDIT: I more then likely am over exerting myself when trying to exit =)

[edit on 9-9-2009 by 4stral4pprentice]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Here's a guide I built a while back for people struggling with it.

I hope it helps.

Chakra Meditation

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Does asking for help why trying to exit work? I heard on another thread it does and i must say i tried asking last night and at least i thought it made a difference, as if i felt a pulling sensation on my energy body.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Asking the universe for results usually is a good thing.

The pulling sensation means you are on the right track, just a matter of more practice and clearing your mind of all things.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Yeah just tried a few days ago again, was doing pretty good i thought until something distracted me very badly! While i thought i was about to project i felt something new! MY HEART WAS BEATING 500 BEATS PER MIN! felt like my heart was beating through my rib cage, quite interesting really. Read up on it a little by accident the next day while reading Astral Dynamics. It seems obvious to me that I've been having more attempts then usual, i may even start to try it everyday and keep a journal which i may post in another thread later, who knows.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
well, not sure if you are interested, but I did an experiment using music as an aid to OBE/Astral Projection.

Here's the short version:

Materials: all this used was an mp3 player with headphones, a bed, and some of the methods in the saltcube videos (saltcube.com or also known as Lucidology 101/102).

General Procedure:
-make yourself comfortable, as you will be staying in one position for a while
-play whatever music you find relaxing (I use classical or even some of the softer electronic music)
-focus on the music only. as you do so, give a slight twitch in a hand or foot every ten seconds (this is in the saltcube videos- get's you to sleep paralysis quickly)
-continue to focus on the music. as you do so, you may start to feel like you are spinning, or are floating. don't pay attention to this, and stay focused on the music.

-at some point, you may enter sleep paralysis.

Phenomenon Encountered:
-Vibrations (noises mostly)
-Sleep Paralysis (complete with vibrating body)
-Pressure on head
-Multiple Lucid Dreams for duration of experiment

Satisfactory Results:
-managed to have 2 full conscious OBE's within 2 days of each other on the experiment (both were clear and defined)
-managed to have a few more OBE's (including one in which I spent time in a black void learning how to move my astral body around by thought- very weird feeling and fun to do)
-had a few partial separations towards end of experiment

NOTES:
-at the beginning the experiment was a success. The activity declined towards the end of the experiment because body began to get used to falling asleep to music

-above problem can be fixed by doing the experiment in "on off" fashion. In other words, do the experiment with music for maybe 2 weeks everyday, then do the same experiment without the music the next two weeks. The goal is to NOT set a "biological rhythm" for your body to follow.

Hope this helps some- I have a full report on my computer somewhere, along with the OBE experiences that happened during that point.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
astralapprentice

I get more and more suprised, just how much the atsers are alike. I've been having the same problem as you, but like in the post above mine, i do feel spinning/floating. (i've projected maybe 3 times in 5 years of trying, ALSO i have the book Astral Dynamics lol)

have you noticed anything else? for some reason, when my heart starts pounding, my mouth starts to water extremely bad, bad enough to make me swallow every 5 seconds.

I'm going to bookmark this thread so i will definantly be coming back to check up on your progress.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by iwishicould

When my heart chakra beats 1000 mph i don't get extra saliva, but rather it distracts me from my exit tech. and sometimes will screw my breathing pattern up.

Reply to fossilera:

Yeah like you said you don't want the music to become a biological pattern or w.e, Robert Bruce in his book astral dynamics states that you shouldn't make it a habit to use music or any other condition to project as it makes you used to that condition, to the point where you would need it. Even if i wanted to try it, i don't have anyway to listen to it, as i rarely can use the laptop at home, everyone uses it and it isn't mine. I would give it a try though but probably only for a day or two, why do you say i should use it for 2 weeks?

------------------------------

It's also become very apparent that i need to raise my energy levels and utilize his NEW methods, as energy really is everything in projecting. Above all i just need to practice more, practice makes perfect.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   

dont worry about the sensation of your heart pounding, .. I know it can be scary, my first time I thought I was having a heart attack, ... It may also feel like an intense pressure on your chest and neck, ... but although it feels like its pounding really fast, ... its not. I'm not sure why that happens, but its a good sign your close to seperation. I think it has to do with your " switching over" .... you lose sensation in your body, .... and you may hear the roaring, ... it sounds like you put your head under water, once again, .. i think its just a sign that your physical ears arent working, and are just switching over, .... but it sounds like your making great progress, .... you are not far off now.

top topics

join