It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Girl Scouts prepare for war, pestilence - DHS's new recruits

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:26 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a33c25ebb7a1.jpg[/atsimg]

The United States wants to enlist its 3.4 million Girl Scouts in the effort to combat hurricanes, pandemics, terror attacks and other disasters.

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) launched a campaign Tuesday to entice the blue, brown and green-clad multitudes to be even more prepared, with the promise of a new patch if they pitch in.

The young scouts will be able to emblazon their sashes or vests with the patch if they undergo the training which readies them for an emergency.

"This new preparedness patch will increase citizen preparedness and enhance our country's readiness for disasters," said DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano in a statement.

"As a former Girl Scout, I know the 'Be Prepared' motto well, and I look forward to working with the Girl Scouts to spread the preparedness message to all of our nation's citizens."

news.yahoo.com...

I'm not really sure what to say except...what the ****!
How are girl scouts going to combat terrorism in the homeland? Do these little ninja's carry guns or swords hidden in those boxes of cookies?

They all want to join in because they get a new patch for their outfit. No cash salary for working for the homeland, just a patch...now that's what I call CHEAP LABOR.

I can understand giving kids responsibilities but this is something that should be reserved for adults.

**EDIT TO ADD....

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7417ed3ae6a6.gif[/atsimg]
Girl Scouts from Daisy Troop 2068 toured the 83rd Chemical Battalion motorpool March 25. Soldiers outfitted Scouts in vests, helmets and guns and showed them how to safely clear a house.
www.cbrne.army.mil...

teaching them to clear a house!?
WTF!

[edit on 9-9-2009 by warrenb]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

More like the goverments little spy's and tattle tales. Man things are getting out of hand.
"Heres your badge for turning in 10 possilble terrorist Suzie, good work"

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Reminded me of this video when I seen the title of this thread.

Army Holds Annual 'Bring Your Daughter To War' Day

[edit on 9-9-2009 by JBA2848]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

This is exactly what happened in Germany in WW2

Kids would turn in relatives for rewards and praise

Un-f*ing believable

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
They all look really prepared in the picture. It would make me think twice about doing any terrorist things.

Someone beat me to the barf. I hate being the second to hurl.

Thanks for reinforcing the connection between the timelines, Warren.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
When I was a GS we worried about getting our first aid badges and nature badges! Talk about politicizing something innocuous! If they were teaching survival skills that would be great but this seems pretty suspect to me.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
The blatant disreguard for the constitution is appaling and yet, most don't even know whats happening. Obamas followers support it. Their parents think it's a good idea to have children help out.

We chould be plowing through the doors of congress and physically removing these criminals away from the seats already.

FEMA and Homeland Security are not in the best interests of this country. In my mind they are the enemy and should be treated the same way.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I had been indoctrinated into the Boy Scouts and ran the whole gamut from Cub, Wolf, Bear, Webelos, Boy Scouts, Eagle, and Explorer Scouts. Let me tell you, at that point in time, I would have done anything for a patch!

Needless to say, I haven't allowed my daughter to get involved in Girl Scouts, although I sure do like their Thin Mints.

You know, if this was a C.E.R.T. program (Community Emergency Response Team) which is the modern day equivalent of Civilian Defense from the 50's, then I'd think it would be a pretty good idea. Heck, growing up in Detroit in the 70s, we were given basic C.E.R.T. training in Public School from Kindergarten onward (although in retrospect I'm not sure if I would trust those old 1950s films from C.D.).

However, putting Girl Scouts in defense of Homeland Defense? What next? The Girl Scouts become devotees of the goddess Minerva/Pallas Athena and become official Spear Shakers and card-carrying members of the Order of the Helmet? Although young women in the Ancient Celtic and Pre-Dorian Greek world were left at home to defend the Homeland, they were trained from birth to be fiercer and more skilled fighters than the expendable men that were sent off to fight battles in foreign lands, but American young women are not the skilled and fierce warriors that the Ancient Celtic and Pre-Dorian Greek women were.

I'm not particularly comfortable with the D.H.S. umbrella agency nor with F.E.M.A. being involved in this. Granted, F.E.M.A. oversees national training for the Civilian Corps and C.E.R.T.s, but I would feel much better about it if the higher agencies up the food-chain kept out of it and left it to just the Civilian Corps or C.E.R.T.s to handle.

The first Girl Scout that turns me in for being a suspected Terrorist because I only bought one box of Thin Mints this year instead of four is going to suffer the wrath of my 12 year old daughter whom I'm going to send to teach her a lesson about tattle-tailing!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
It is amazing to me to watch how the original program (which by the way is consistent with what we taught our scouts for years -- but in Canada, they are just Scouts, they are not segregated by gender) gets spun so quickly with allusions to Nazi and secret police references.

Practically speaking, trying get any scout to "snitch" is a significant problem for Scout leaders. ("Who puked in Melissa's sleeping bag?" "No one is going swimming until we find out who painted Jimmy while he was asleep!") I assure you that kids are lot harder to "recruit" than the posters are giving them credit for, and certainly not just by giving them a piece of cloth.

But just to hedge my bets, I'll keep my mouth shut if I see a GS wearing an "Artillery Spotter" or "Enhanced Interrogation" merit badge.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by metamagic]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

oops...sorry...

[edit on 9-9-2009 by KSPigpen]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by metamagic

Yes it is just that the CERT is completely unconstitutional.

Recruiting civilians who are children and senior citizens is unconventional warfare.

It certainly changes the rules on a morailty issue, which by the way there is an obvious disreguard for morality here.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by redhead57

I was in GS as well, (honey, I really was
) I guess we just might have to watch out for the newly formed GS Military ?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Upon reading this story, I instantly had this image that one day very soon.. I might be taking a lovely hike when I suddenly hear.

"Tango down!"
"All clear!"
"Breaching!"
And several rapid fire gun shots. All shouted by little girls.

I wonder if in future pictures, all these little girls will be holding MP5s or P90s in their pictures, with a black beret and wearing a camo painted war face with extra magazines and grenades lining a harness strapped to their body.

Those are some girl scouts I wouldn't want to mess with.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by warrenb

before and into WW2.. you yanks have got it bad!!!!

Just so wrong warping the minds of the young like that

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

The MSM is always the first to show us images of children being trained for war.
They are most likely trained by the CIA.
If it happens in afghanistan it could also happen here.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Everyone else is doing it....
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9e33b1dc3c68.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1349ab478c7d.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/28203159375b.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b645c196b13f.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/29dcbdf856d5.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6146bbe0b184.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8287ce06dbfe.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Ok, I know that this is a conspiracy site, but it seems to me that the goal of the patch is to teach the Girl Scouts how to be prepared for the atermath of an emergency, not to prevent it. Sounds alot like the posts that I see in this site everyday.

I am both a cub and scout leader in Canada. Last year Scouts Canada launched its' Emergency Prepraredness Program, details can be found here:

Emergency Preparedness

I tried to find a similar program outline at the Girl Scouts site, but failed. I did read a couple of the press releases around the GS initiative and only found references to preparedness for the aftermath, not prevention.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:27 PM
link   
I guess I am going to boycott girls scout cookies for now on.

Really what a group of littler darlings will do to the big bad people in the nation?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   
AWESOME THREAD! AGAIN!

Warrenbb, you rock, you uncover a lot of good stuff!

KUDOS!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Grayelf2009

More like the goverments little spy's and tattle tales. Man things are getting out of hand. "Heres your badge for turning in 10 possilble terrorist Suzie, good work"

Nope you have that wrong. its

"Heres your badge for turning in 10 possible terrorist Suzie, Sieg Heil"

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join