It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Obama faces 30 death threats a day, a 400 percent increase over those against George W. Bush"

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   
well don't say i did'nt tell you so. population explosion reaches
crisis point, fossil fuel technology has to go,and if we all want to keep breathing, world economies must change direction away from oil,
and cooperate on many fundamental levels.pollution is the greatest
threat to the future,and ithink mr. obama is the only way forward
and many people resent moving forward.it won't be easy ,but
future generations deserve to inherit something better......
hate must also change direction ,but thats abig ask

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
The good news? 99% of all these threats were traced to one cell phone.

The bad news? It was Hillary's.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
All I can say is "That's a shame"

and...

I guess Bush wasn't as hated as much as obama................

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   
Well, its obvious to me why he's getting death threats...

Apparently he believes in his heart that participating in the pledge is un-American >_>

Yeah yeah, it's the past. But he's only changed his action because his position demands it.

He reminds of a bad guy perfectly disguising himself as a good guy.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

It's hard for me to think of a more inappropriate venue to carry like he did. A presidential affair? Geesh!

But...he was within his rights.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
This is sorta off topic but...I think ATS members should know that islamic terrorist had nothing to do with the 9/11 attacks. It's basic conspiracy and this is a conspiracy site, do not come here just to attack Obama....please, participate in the conspiracy. This is not an angry WASP site (nor is it an angry left wing site). That is all.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
[quote="Animal"]
How absolutely disturbing that the right side of the political spectrum believes that violence is the answer.
I was trying to think of a fitting adjective for the above quote. Words like moronic, idiotic, partisan and stupid came to mind. But such words are inflammatory and unnecessary and would only serve to enforce the already distorted view you clearly have of those on the right. So, I'm going to go with "arrogant" as my final choice.

You basically said that everyone on the right believes that violence is the answer. It's completely rediculous. The overwhelming majority of the right neither condones nor hopes for violence, and it's absurd to claim otherwise. Making blanket statements about an entire group of people, in this case HALF of the country, is nothing short of ignorant. I agree that bringing a gun to a presidential rally is moronic at best. But what you're doing with your obviously hate-filled words isn't much better.

You call them "freaks", and I'm not sure that I disagree with that sentiment. But people like you, on both sides of the political spectrum, are freaks themselves. You should stop painting people with such a broad brush and remember that we are ALL Americans. You need to realize that there are people out there who want us to fight like this because it distracts us from the important things that we should all be focusing on. Instead of letting the left wing puppetmasters pull your strings and inflame your hatred, take a step back and try denying ignorance.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13

Animal
How absolutely disturbing that the right side of the political spectrum believes that violence is the answer.

Rasputin13

I was trying to think of a fitting adjective for the above quote. Words like moronic, idiotic, partisan and stupid came to mind. But such words are inflammatory and unnecessary and would only serve to enforce the already distorted view you clearly have of those on the right. So, I'm going to go with "arrogant" as my final choice.

You basically said that everyone on the right believes that violence is the answer. It's completely rediculous. The overwhelming majority of the right neither condones nor hopes for violence, and it's absurd to claim otherwise.

You call them "freaks", and I'm not sure that I disagree with that sentiment. But people like you, on both sides of the political spectrum, are freaks themselves. You should stop painting people with such a broad brush and remember that we are ALL Americans.

Let me point you to my other posts in this thread and what i said in them:

If you are merely talking about people bearing arms, sure that is fine and I support it 100% I am just drawing a parallel between the massive increase in death threats to the president and the fact that people are carrying fire arms to his events. I am in no way saying 'bearing arms' or supporting it makes anyone a freak, I strongly support heir rights. Just so we are clear.

As I admittedly so often fail at clearly saying what i want to, or mean to I feel it is important to take this opportunity to clarify what I intended this thread to point out.

First and foremost I did not want this to be a thread that seeks to paint the 'right' and 'republicans' as all bad. Far from it.

My main goal is to point out the growing insanity that permeates our current political discourse here in the USA.

While right-left and all the other political divides here in the USA have always been at odds there is a growing tension that I fear will lead to violence.

I am worried that our better senses are slipping and we are currently sliding into the dark and terrifying world of extremism that could potentially rip this nation to shreds.

I apologize for not being clear on this in the OP and to anyone who I may have insulted in this clear mistake.

I am really trying to point out the insanity so that we can all clearly identify it and stand together to fight it. We are after all in this mess together.

So you can see, while I may have appeared to have been making 'generalizations' it was not my intention and I went out of my way to clarify this.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Animal]

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Animal]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Animal

Why will anybody will want to kill an America president, when we all know that they are nothing than figure heads for the enjoyment of the masses the ones that this so call "killers" should be looking at is the shadow government that does the nations governing behind the presidents seat.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Animal

Why will anybody will want to kill an America president, when we all know that they are nothing than figure heads for the enjoyment of the masses the ones that this so call "killers" should be looking at is the shadow government that does the nations governing behind the presidents seat.

You know, I am not really sure.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by radarloveguy

No S&F for perpetuating a propagandist article.

population explosion reaches crisis point, fossil fuel technology has to go,and if we all want to keep breathing, world economies must change direction away from oil, and cooperate on many fundamental levels.pollution is the greatest threat to the future,and ithink mr. obama is the only way forward

for this post by radarloveguy-
I am glad to see ATS has its very own Brand new NWO Eugenics member.

Of course the only way forward is Mr. Obama. Not a collective legal means to solve our problems.
for this post by radarloveguy-

As for the article
I am sorry people cannot keep their big mouths shut about killing the president, but as others have said, where are these numbers coming from? Are they real? Or is this another fabrication by the propagandists.

For all we know, it is for posts like this-

Hell, I believe I have called out in the past for all of the corrupt, immoral, and treasonous bastards from both parties to be hung-after a fair trial.
Always need that legal disclaimer.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 10:42 PM
link   
If his stats are correct I have to ask what he precieves as a death threat.

Is he counting those who have said that we need to get rid of Obama as death threats?

Is he counting every gun that has been shown at rallies as death threats?

If one wanted they could precieve things like this as a death threat.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join