It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Obama faces 30 death threats a day, a 400 percent increase over those against George W. Bush"

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

So various hate groups decide (in unison) to lie about a surge in membership after President Obama is elected..

It doesn't have to be 'in unison'. It's just an opportunity to bump up their exposure and hopefully increase their membership.

You know how the bump thing works here on ATS, don't you? Same principle.

and then various independent organizations who track those hate groups decide (in unison) to lie and claim the same thing...

Independent? I don't think they are quite so independent.

I wouldn't be surprised if Obama or any number of his groups are behind some of it.

In order to incite fear of those hate groups?

Yep. That and to elicit sympathy for Obama and to disparage 'right-wing terrorists' in general.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by poedxsoldiervet
reply to post by Open_Minded Skeptic

Hate to burst some peoples bubbles around Obama isnt black... Hes mixed his mother was White his Fater was Black and that makes him 50/50. He isnt the first balck anything, hes the first mixed President.

His father was also mixed. In Kenya , the father is counted as Arab. Ironically , if Obama has any American slave ancestors they come from his white mother's side of the family.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:05 PM
link   
On second thought we are all wrong.

This is a "statistical experiment" that has been "confounded "There are certain situations where the effects of factor variables after interaction can’t be differentiated from each other. Their contribution to the result on the response variable is intertwined and can not be separated. This particular occurrence is called confounding."

We have two factors, a man with a dark skin tone as president and a very bad economy. The Rassmusen report show Obama's approval rating is in a steady decline and people think the bailout money is going to the bankers. Rassmusen reports the voters are in a bad mood and want to replace the entire congress

Forty-two percent (42%) of voters, in fact, say a group of people randomly selected from the phone book would do a better job than the current Congress...

If they were given a vote to keep or replace the entire Congress, just 25% of voters nationwide would keep the current batch of legislators....

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Look. I have my opinion. It is not a reflex, and I do not call racism at every turn. It is based on a long period of observation. I believe it to be the case. Whether you or anyone else agrees with me is beside the point and your (and their) choice.

Well, OMS, you certainly are entitled to your opinion. It just seemed that you jumped on racism immediately as the reason for all these death threats.

That is the reason for continued racial tensions in this nation, in areas that it should have been erased. Perceived, or even instigated, racism, by those who know better. As long as the flames are fanned, the fire will never die.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
So what this article says is that bush had 0.075 threat per day or in real figures, 1 every two weeks on average. I guess that means that the bumbling fool didn't go out of his way to upset lots of people at once...or that Obama has a more paranoid group of investigators as to was is or is not a credible threat.

Maybe they count that obligatory bum outside the fence holding a sign and rambling about death to America and that Obama is a SOB. Might even be the same one I saw on my 8th grade trip to DC 26 years ago when Reagan was president.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by calihan_12
obama doesnt deserve this.

Who does?

bush blew up the world trade centers

I'm not so sure about that...
It'd make a good movie though

and started a war giving americans false information... and yet he got less death threats?

So what you're saying is Bush should have gotten more death threats?
It'd be better if neither of them got death threats.
But there are wackos out there, and that has nothing to do with politics. You'll find the left has crazies just as the right does, and just about any other ideology.

The people who say "Your side's crazies are crazier than my side's!", are more than a little crazy themselves.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

I am not disagreeing with your point. My point being I think a staged or planned event is much less ominous than Billy Bob Smith showing up with a gun. I think that is a point that cannot go unspoken.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Sign your name to this petition so that Napolitano, secretary of homeland security, hears the message loud and clear. And please pass this message on to your friends and colleagues.

Interesting in that Napolitano was appointed by Obama and he is Napolitano's boss? So, Altnet takes it upon themselves to overrule Obama and Napolitano on an issue they only have anecdotal information about out of concern? Amazing! If Obama needed more protection he would simply tell Napolitano to provide it himself.

Sounds like yet another divisive bit of fabricated journalism by Partisan Sheep to me.

It never ends does it. When will people realize this is mostly Partisan propaganda to keep everyone at each others throats and your minds off what both sides are doing to you? Again I say; Amazing!

Altnet would not run this if they were not firmly in the DNC's pocket.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:24 PM
link   
People wishing bad things upon others should really step back and have a think about their thoughts. What thoughts and events have led to you having such strong and passionate feelings about revenge being taken on these individuals? Is it not usually because they have hurt or been responsible for the deaths of other people that drive these feelings of hate inside you?

Not saying people don't have a right to feel angry and be mad at certain people. But using death threats and advocating violence against others encourages more war and suffering. Isn't it these feelings and emotions that drives one to hate and contemplate the killing of others?

Wishing ill and failure upon others is a sign of weakness. Searching for and attempting to discover the truth without trying to harm and demonise others is a sign of strength.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by RRconservative
I think it is a matter of agents looking harder for threats against Mr. Obama than they were for President Bush.

really don't have to look that hard at a slung AR-15 across a persons' back

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

Oh yea of course, how could i so disillusioned.. He identifies himself as black, he married a black woman..and he has black children. Oh no, it walks and quaks like a duck.

Yea he's not black i got it confused

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I would only trust numbers released by the Secret Service, which they won't disclose. I would see protestors on a daily basis in DC with signs saying, "Death to Bush the war criminal," and so forth. They hung him in effigy at more demonstrations than I can remember. The liberals just didn't get the negative press anyone opposed to Obama now gets.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Of Course,

He's Black!
Bush was white!

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky

Look. I have my opinion. It is not a reflex, and I do not call racism at every turn. It is based on a long period of observation. I believe it to be the case. Whether you or anyone else agrees with me is beside the point and your (and their) choice.

Well, OMS, you certainly are entitled to your opinion. It just seemed that you jumped on racism immediately as the reason for all these death threats.

That is the reason for continued racial tensions in this nation, in areas that it should have been erased. Perceived, or even instigated, racism, by those who know better. As long as the flames are fanned, the fire will never die.

Well I don't think it is based all on racism at all - I think such a spike can be traced to the seditious undertones pressed by Glen Beck as well as other fringe media outlets.

IMO

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 02:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Guru97

Originally posted by RRconservative
I think it is a matter of agents looking harder for threats against Mr. Obama than they were for President Bush.

really don't have to look that hard at a slung AR-15 across a persons' back

This guy was probably the least dangerous person in the crowd. I can guarantee you that there were at least a dozen pairs of eyes on him at all times, and they all had weapons.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by mental modulator

You are absolutely right. This kind of hatred did not exist when Bush was in office and I believe we should get rid of freedom of speech ASAP.
A guy like Bill Maher never would have talked this way about someone he happens to disagree with.

By the way, I don't really have a dog in this fight. I just have a big problem with hypocrisy.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Bullhorn]

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Bullhorn]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Death threats , don't you just LOVE 'EM, if these people were truly angry they wouldn't tell their intended victim they were going to kill them, they'd just do it. It's like telling the victim 'Your going to die' theen waiting 30 or 40 years till they die of old age and then say 'told them they'd die'. If your going to do it, don't stand there taliking about it ,just go and do it.
I feel all these death threats are just cries for attention.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   

It just seemed that you jumped on racism immediately as the reason for all these death threats.

Yeah, I agree it could seem like that, since I've not been on here raising the cry at every possible opportunity. I came to this opinion a while ago, and this seemed like a good time to express it. And as I say, I could be wrong. But from the sheer incoherence of the hate fest, I tend to think I'm not.

And remember, I'm not saying all of this is race based. Just more of it than has been acknowledged.

To misquote a line from a song - I didn't start the fire. There is a difference between fanning such flames and recognizing when they are already burning.

Edit for grammar.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by Open_Minded Skeptic]

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   

This guy was probably the least dangerous person in the crowd. I can guarantee you that there were at least a dozen pairs of eyes on him at all times, and they all had weapons.

On this we can agree. The guy gave every appearance of knowing his weapon and how to carry it safely.

However, the choice to bring such a weapon to such an event is an extremely poor one, as far as I'm concerned.

What possible reason could he have? Concern for his own safety? A concealed shortarm would have been a better choice. Making a statement in support of firearm ownership? It was a healthcare event - not the appropriate venue.

No, anytime anyone carries a firearm exposed, it is to intimidate. Maybe to intimidate the gang-bangers down the block, or the freaks at the I80 rest stop at 1AM, or maybe the other attendees at a health care event.

But carrying exposed is always for intimidation purposes. Unless of course the person is at a firearms related sporting event, where it's part of the activities, i.e. some practical pistol / rifle competition.

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 07:33 AM
link   

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join