It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Alex Jones apologizes for "hoax"

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Marrr

You have to really squint to find it. From the link in the opening post:

We apologize for any confusion this may have caused and are trying to move our servers in house to prevent this routine occurrence from happening again.

Technical difficulties.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The "big announcement" was BS, so infowars created a story to gain attention.

I'm with ScepticOverlord on this one. Either this was deliberate act or the original idea failed and infowars needed a Plan B.

A weak apology, albeit not extremely candid, does not hold water.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
It is sad to me that some can't see the greater good in this. When the white house and media are ignoring us, making us ALREADY out to be crazies for no reason, do you really think something like this is going to change their opinions; their agendas? NO.

The only thing this MIGHT accomplish is to get media attention - something the movement NEEDS. Without it we are fish in the water who will continued being ignored and poisoned.

Honestly, what have you lost from this? You read this and find out later it was fake: WHAT HAVE YOU LOST?

Your pride? Your egos? Your faith in Alex Jones?

AJ, in my opinion made a known sacrifice here. I know that some of you may find this difficult to understand, but sometimes, sacrifices are necessary for change to happen. Sometimes you might have to do something that might not be the popular thing, that might not be looked at as the best choice, but in the end, if it accomplishes the intended goal, anyone who doubts that it wasn't something of epic proportions will simply be laughed at.

Swallow up your pride. There are bigger lies told to you people on a daily basis by people you consider best friends or family. The sooner we can get over this and realize what the TRUE MEANING behind it was, the sooner we can unite and work together for the cause.

However, as I stated before, unity is the REAL hoax, is it not? As long as the masses, no matter how awakened they are, argue over petty bullocks like this, then nothing will ever change. EVER.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

This is what makes me love this site. I thank you for doing the needed digging into the original mess and this orchestrated apology. I always say this is the most professionally moderated site on the net and your post just proves it.

Cheers for SO!!!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
If he had any integrity at all he would have apologized as soon as he went on the air and as soon as the disclaimer went up.Waiting til today is a tad too late for me to trust his motives.
I didn't see any integrity on his part...it was deliberate and was a slimy approach to it.

Edit to add...Anyone that censers his critics has something to hide.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by DrumsRfun]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by DrumsRfun]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwydionblack

It is sad to me that some can't see the greater good in this. When the white house and media are ignoring us, making us ALREADY out to be crazies for no reason, do you really think something like this is going to change their opinions; their agendas? NO

Ah, the old "I cheated on you to show you how much I love you" angle.

Sorry, but this is yet another example of rationalizing this away beyond common sense.

And that is prideful, for when a person can't call a tree a tree, it is surely because he is defending an egoic position within themselves.

How about, you cheated me, you are a jerk for doing it but I forgive and let's move on. That at least would be honest ... weak, but honest.

edit for clarity

[edit on 9 Sep 2009 by schrodingers dog]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   

something the movement NEEDS.

There is no movement. That is the problem here.

Pontificating on the notion of "fighting the system" has allowed countless information and stories to pass our eyes. Alex Jones is a faux theorist and an charlatan.

The cult of personality is why the mainstream media pays no attention to our work - Jones destroyed the credibility we had. Just ask the truth movement...

I followed his work pre-9/11, unlike most of this site and the arguments he uses against Obama were originally aimed at Clinton. Jones ludicrous ideas from the government turning children gay and his Christian fundamentalist philosophy damages real conspiracy theorists.

Ask Jones about organised religion, the founding fathers, Knights Templar, the Vatican and UFOs - silences. Recently, UFO researchers were attacked by him

He's a twat. End of.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by infinite]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

What do you feel the greater good for this hoax is? Jones did make a sacrifice, he sacrificed his position for sucking up to an actor. (which an actor's whole MO is to be something they are not.....AKA; LIAR.)

Didn’t he run a story a while back about the married couple from "the hills" mtv show? Now this crap with CS? HUGE whistle blower if you ask me.

AJ is a straight up predator for people’s dollars and of course its the biggest story of his career, he gains access to an actors fan base and it is only going to lead to more money for him...but creditability...? No way, Jose!

I bet my last collapsing dollar, if Charlie Sheen presses this issue any further than AJ's site, his career is going to start to suffer, more than it already has.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Thumb]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Thumb]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:14 AM
link   

I think that people should let bygones be bygones and forget about this one. In the end it will hopefully accomplish much more than a couple of hurt egos.

However, I have no doubt that this topic will soon be filled with absolute hate for one of the few men spearheading a movement we stand for here on ATS, but I suppose that is only going to continue happening.

I mean, jeeze, unity is the REAL hoax am I right?

Your talking about alex jones, one of the most two faced people in this truth movement, though there is not any real people you could look upto in this.

The geezer is a conman, why do you guys even bother with him, joke.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ancient_wisdom

That's complete crap, IMO.

And if you people are prepared to fall for it, so be it.

He messed up and lied. He caused a deliberate Hoax and is now back tracking because it's caused his credibility damage.

No doubt some of you will fall for it, just as you fall for everything else he states as fact and truth.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Something doesn't "ring true" with the apology/acknowledgement.

While I'm very pleased that Jones/InfoWars.com admitted the error and addressed the concerns of those who feel omitting the disclaimer was wrong, the reason (overloaded servers) seems unlikely.

When you perform a "trace route" on the InfoWars.com domain, you encounter their host, Lime Light Networks. I'm very familiar with that firm, as they've pitched our business more than once over the past two years. More specifically, the domain resolves to a "CDN" server - cdn-68-142-122-70.dal.llnw.net. CDN stands for Content Delivery Network, and you can read about Lime Light's here In short, it's the same type of service we use for all our images and video -- a dynamically scalable content delivery service that can tolerate massive amounts of traffic due to hundreds of servers all over the world.

So you can see... with a CDN, a "bombardment of traffic that shut down servers" is virtually impossible.

Be careful Skeptic, pretty soon he is going to be screaming in a bullhorn claiming ATS is out to get him and that there is a conspiracy here. But there is a positve to that = More traffic=more members=more revenue

-Kdial1

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains
Umm.... but it was a hoax and is still a hoax.... why would it be not be labeled a HOAX?

Sounds like we're really hoping Alex Jones will come to ATS and give us some of his traffic.

Selling out is the phrase. I hope it hasn't come to that.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
The problem is, we aren't FALLING for anything. We know it is a hoax. Everyone who reads it who has the slightest shred of attention and common sense (at least from this point forward) will KNOW it is a hoax.

I am literally laughing right now at the though that we have actually had some kind of credibility that Jones could possibly ruin. When we have people like Icke running around and doomsday prophesies every other day spewing from the mouths of some people who might actually do good research once in awhile, this credibility you speak of is waning.

The truth of the matter is, we are insane. You'd have to be to believe the truth. Does it make it a bad thing? No.

There are some on here speaking as if Alex Jones is forcing you to buy his products, that he is somehow sucking your money away from you. Well... I've never given him a penny.

Alex Jones may have gone about this is a questionable way, but dammit, he is out there spreading the truth to more people than 90% of us could ever hope to reach. Is he right all the time? NO. Is he the most credible source? NO. But he is doing it, he is fighting, and that is ALL that freaking matters people.

You can't compare this situation to cheating on a wife, because I don't have some kind of personal, close, bonded relationship, with Alex Jones, that obviously some people seem to have to be hurt so irrationally from this.

I'm not going to argue with people about this because that would be going against what I believe, and this is, if anything is going to come to this, we need to put aside the stupid differences, swallow our pride, realize that when you are fighting a war, people are going to get hurt, and just MOVE ON.

This isn't a signal to stop fighting. This isn't the 'end' of the truth movement, and this certainly isn't going to effect our credibility at all? WHY? Because our credibility isn't based on fantasy and storytelling, or making things up as they come, it is based on cold, hard, facts - something that the populace will one day be unable to deny.

That is all I have to say. Have fun destroying one of the very few rally points that people like us have.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:37 AM
link   
yes, some guy in the website made a mistake ... but really

THERE WAS 2 NEWS OR MORE ABOUT CHARLIE SHEEN

1 - 20 minutes with the president
2 - Charlie Sheen requests meeting with obama

Thats why, my brain, that I think its capable enough, thinks that the guy in the website, who manages it and posted the news, forgot to put the disclaimer ....

WHY would alex make some hoax news if the other news below was an request to meet the president

it Just doesnt make ANY sense ... really, I think I debunked your theory ...

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Faiol]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by gwydionblack

Thank you, thank you, and thank you.

People act like he's out there doing this for the money. Every video is on his site for free and he tells you to spread them around. If you do buy them its higher quality, but the entirety of them, not just clips are on his site.

Furthermore, what is he supposed to do to stay up and running? Everyone needs either grants or corporate sponsors to do what he is doing. Who is going to give him a grant in this climate? Hmm?

He can't win. If he were independently wealthy and using his own money no one would like him because he's one of THEM. Heck, his father is a dentist and that supposedly means something. When he requires sponsors, he's in it for the money.

Tell me, people, those vitamin companies...how much do you think they pay to advertise on there? It's not like he's raking it in. He doesn't have Dell, Coca Cola, Pepsi, etc. He has supplement ads.

Sheesh!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

Its a matter of ethics and being true to your fanbase.
Lets look at ats for an example.
I have seen SkepticOverlord get called out a few times on these boards.
Not once have I seen him ignore that and he always shows up like a classy dude and answer the questions being asked of him.The thread still exists and the member doesn't get booted.
Yesterday I saw peoples posts and comments being deleted with no explanation...that doesn't happen here.
I didn't see that yesterday at all from his site.
You can't preach free speech and transparency and then pull a stunt like that.
Its about ethics and integrity which I think his were questionable.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Alex Jones apologizes for "hoax"

yeah. right.

in essence...

I hoaxed a ufo in order to draw attentions to the need for further research into the phenomenon.

yeah. right.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
ATS shouldn't be too eager to throw stones at Alex Jones for what he did.

Some of us remember the big ATS 'event' that was hyped up just as much as the AJ story that turned out to be a live web-broadcasted party with several of the ATS crew getting pissed with some minor celebrities and their dogs (who I have still yet to see on this board) while claiming they were going to be the next big media thing.

Anyone who remembers that event will know what a let-down and disappointment it was after all the hooha that was made here in the run up to it.

AJ is an ego driven idiot mostly but then so are most here. The point is that he is STILL TRYING to do something that will kick-start a new investigation into 911 = please don't lose site of that. Perhaps you could all put as much energy into helping him by writing a simple request to Barry to do the interview. What have you done lately to keep it in peoples minds?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
never mind this post just read the thread

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Frankidealist35]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
He again repeated on his show that it was 'technical difficulties'

news

Charlie Sheen the Truther Teaches Obama About 9/11

Someone has clearly been in sitcoms too long: Give him a half-hour (minus commercial breaks) and there's no problem Chuck Sheen can't solve.

The Two and a Half Men star has loosed upon the Internet "Twenty Minutes with the President," an incredible piece of fantasy journalism (or a failed treatment from his dad's West Wing days, we can't be sure) imagining a meeting between himself and President Barack Obama in which Charlie Sheen schools the ruler of the free world about the government's real role in the Sept. 11 attacks—as perceived, that is, by the actor's conspiracy theorist mind.

The very lengthy, very researched and very self-aggrandizing piece (it only takes four lines before Sheen has Obama proclaiming his love of the CBS hit) was published as a transcript of the duo's entirely fabricated encounter, and published online by controversial radio host Alex Jones yesterday—even more controversially, when the piece first went up, Jones presented it as actually having happened.

Though you'd think it would be easy enough to set up, what with a president in the family and all.

As for the piece, well, if there's one thing Sheen does know it's how to set a dramatic scene:

"I requested 30 minutes given the scope and detail of my inquiry; they said I could have 20. Twenty minutes, 1200 seconds, not a lot of time to question the President about one of the most important events in our nation's history. The following is a transcript of our remarkable discussion."

After exchanging pleasantries about how Obama has Sheen's sitcom "TiVo'd on Air Force One" and fake quips that he's "all ears. Or so I've been told," the Jack Bauer wannabe cuts right to the chase: As an unabashed Truther, Sheen proceeds to interrogate the president on the 9/11 commission report and proclaim that the government was actually behind the devastating events of the day and its subsequent alleged cover-up.

"Let's be honest," Sheen says. "You're the President of the United States, the leader of the free world, the buck stops with you. 9/11 has been the pretext for the systematic dismantling of our Constitution and Bill of Rights. Your administration is reading from the same playbook that the Bush administration foisted on America through documented secrecy and deception."

And on and on it goes…

Still, the bizarre piece, published in advance of Sheen's two-day appearance on Jones' radio show, while dense with regurgitated conspiracy theories, was not without its lighter moments. Albeit unintentionally.

Take, for instance, the stage direction inserted during a particularly tense discussion: "An odd moment of silence between us. Precious time ticking away."

Or Obama's incredulous response to being grilled by a man who once provided Heidi Fleiss with her main source of income: "Call me crazy, but it appears as though you've blindly wandered off topic." (The Truther most definitely is out there.)

Or even the following interaction:

Obama: I see you came prepared Charlie.
Sheen: No other way to show up Mr. President. When in doubt over prepare I always say.
Obama: Now you sound like the First Lady.
Sheen: That's quite a compliment sir.
Obama: As you wish. Please continue.

Sheen's "transcript," crafted with the intent to get Obama to reopen the investigation into the terror attacks and accept an actual meeting with the actor, ends with him again being flattered by the president (a clear theme) and asking him to "make sure your [sic] on the right side of history."

"Well Charlie I can't say this hasn't been interesting," Obama fake-tells Sheen. That's one word for it.

"As I said earlier, you've showed up today focused and organized. Regardless how I feel about the material you've presented, I must commend your dedication and zeal. However, our time here is up."

And not a moment too soon.

uk.eonline.com...

[edit on 9-9-2009 by end of]

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join