It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Looks like we aren't going back to the moon... surprise suprise

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Well what a shock... it appears NASA will no longer be going to the moon....
it's all become just too hard and too expensive.

Just as I said when it was first announced... it would literally never get off the ground and they will find a way of not having to go but making it look like they really really wanted to.

www.news.com.au...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
We still have hope for the late 2010's

Roughly around the 2015's.

Hopefully

The program to send humans back into space, dubbed Constellation, was launched by former US president George W Bush in 2004, with the goal of sending astronauts to Mars in 2020.

But in an executive summary of its report, a White House commission named by President Barack Obama to review the US manned space program, said the current schedule was unachievable.

Bush, tried, and Obama failed it

Well,

astronauts back to the moon, the committee said that a robust human space flight program would cost $US3 billion ($3.5 billion) more than the $US18 billion ($21 billion) currently in NASA's budget.

Seems like chump change to what Obama has spent recently!

It seems we could've at least put forth a bit of that trillion toward this, I'd of been in favor!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:53 AM
link   
I don't know why not? I mean, going back to the moon would be solid economic stimulus and provide jobs. Look at the number of people that were employed through the Apollo program.

I knew it wouldn't go through either, but not because of some silly conspiracy or anything. Sometimes things are exactly as they appear.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I am sure with all the Hollywood special effects available these days, NASA could go anywhere it wants to go.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:00 AM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

Why didn't you think it would go through?

I just find it staggering that the US could cobble together a moon mission (apparantly) 40 years ago... within almost no time to plan it... and get it going first time.... with pre-historic technology. Yet now its too hard and too expensive

You can call it a "silly conspiracy theory" but the evidence for this theory just keeps stacking up on almost a daily basis.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   
I was so looking forward to this happening in my lifetime, shame the government has to intervene, but i suppose the cash has to come from somewhere.

We will never go back to the moon for as long as the goverment is stuck on Uranus......

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
I was so looking forward to this happening in my lifetime, shame the government has to intervene, but i suppose the cash has to come from somewhere.

We will never go back to the moon for as long as the goverment is stuck on Uranus......

Trillions of your money go missing every year into a "black hole". I would think money is not the issue here.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Total Package

Well then, thats it, they are mining the moon behind our backs, taking funds at will and claiming $20,000 hammers etc

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Though the moon imo would be a perfect place to set up a semi permanent moon base for launches and an observatory it seems as though NASA has set its sights much higher with their next 30 year proposal.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Too bad money is always involved, imagine where we'd be if all these different countries racing in to space put their heads and resources together.

Well i guess the Alien Moon bases wont have to worry about neighbors just yet

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   

The panel, chaired by retired Lockheed Martin CEO Norman Augustine, includes executives, scientists and ex-astronauts. It posted a summary report Tuesday on both White House and NASA web sites.

finance.yahoo.com...

I googled Norman Augustine. Talk about defense/establishment credentials.
He could be clued into the so-called "secret space program". I wonder how objective that study was. In the govt's budget, it doesn't seem like too much money. Although it's probably a very conservative estimate. They always go over budget.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Nobody is going anywhere, not to the moon, not to mars and not low earth orbit.

From now on you're to be slaves. Get used to the idea. No more nice technology, the high tech stuff in your lives is to be used to kill you. The entertainment in your lives is to be used to train you to kill and be soldiers of the NWO. The media in your lives is to get you used to paying all your life for stuff you will never own and to the idea of dieing young, as there's no profit in the elderly plus they have that pesky habit of talking and educating the drones, err, I mean the children.

Do you guys get it by now? You're all to be NWO slaves. You're all to be obedient dumbed down drones to be consumed by elitist agendas and sacrificed to the new financial priesthood.

Enjoy your short meaningless lives. Or wake up and take control of your own destinys. Your choice. Either way don't count on anything from big government, it's been taken from you.

The moon? If by chance we were ever there in the first place, something I'm not 100% convinced of, we're not going there again. At most the elite will chose people to go there in secret to take care of their business.

We are all out of the equation folks.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Total Package
Well what a shock... it appears NASA will no longer be going to the moon...

Perhaps you should have the full story before jumping to conclusions. Of course, you've already reached the conclusion you want and are looking for anything to help reinforce it, which means ignoring the full story.

There is nothing in the panels report that precludes going to the moon. What it says is that under current plans it is unsustainable. The panel's report will give the President several options for attaining these goals or exploring the solar-system beyond. Only two of the options do not include plans to return to the moon but rather by-stepping it in favor of asteroids and Mars.

This is far different than your conspiratorial confirmation bias.

Source

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Just the thread title is a joke in my opinion, US never went to the moon and its all a hoax. Just the idea of getting through the Van Allen belt is unrealistic to not say directly stupid taking in consideration of the technology US had available to them at that time.

So begin to talk about manned spaceflights to the moon and beyond is just a dream and nothing more.

Best regards

Loke .:.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by DoomsdayRex

Give me a break. If you seriously think we are trying to go to the moon at all... then you are as gullible as the people that think Rolex watches for $50 in Asia are genuine.

We were never going to go to the moon.... and I will bet all the money and possessions I have that we do not get there by 2020 and this program will be cancelled "due to funding".

This story is just the first in a line of stories that will make all the gullible idiots think "Awww maybe it is too expensive and not really worth... but its ok cos we went there in 1969 anyway and there is nothing to see"

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I read this during my regular news web reading this morning. I wasn’t too happy. I spent a good hour speaking with a mate about this today and like a good friend he hung in there and listened all the way through my frustrations. Poor guy.

Here is a breakdown of news I have read:

GB first announces plan to return to the moon
NASA forgets how to return to the moon

Now the Obama panel news:
Failure to launch: Obama space panel says Bush's $100 billion plan moon return plan won't fly
link

Now from this site:

From 1959 onwards it cost $100 Billion to set man on the moon.

I think I may be naive but doesn’t something seem wrong with this? there must be more to this seriously!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loke.
Just the thread title is a joke in my opinion, US never went to the moon and its all a hoax. Just the idea of getting through the Van Allen belt is unrealistic to not say directly stupid taking in consideration of the technology US had available to them at that time.

I have yet to see any genuine proof that we never went to the moon. To keep something as big as this in secret is unbelievable.
We had all the technology needed in the 60ies, and Constellation uses the same concept, because there is simply not much you can improve. Its not like Teraflop computer is of any use in space...

We definately were there, but they arent telling us everything...

Originally posted by stanislas

Failure to launch: Obama space panel says Bush's $100 billion plan moon return plan won't fly
link

Now from this site:

From 1959 onwards it cost $100 Billion to set man on the moon.

I think I may be naive but doesn’t something seem wrong with this? there must be more to this seriously!

There is more to this and it is called INFLATION. 100 billlion today is spare change compared to what was invested in Apollo.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Going to the moon was a political project, not scientific. Even now, it could only be economic project, and scientific interests would still lag behind. No way.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Thats right its got nothing to do with the fact that its not part of their bugget. Its all being they cant achully go to the moon and never will....

I was being sarsastic insase you didnt notice

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loke.
Just the idea of getting through the Van Allen belt is unrealistic to not say directly stupid taking in consideration of the technology US had available to them at that time.

Other than parroting this ignorant canard, can you tell us why it is supposedly impossible to get through the Van Allen Belts?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Total Package
Give me a break. If you seriously think we are trying to go to the moon at all... then you are as gullible as the people that think Rolex watches for $50 in Asia are genuine.

And thus when it is demonstrated you jumping to conclusions you have no real evidence for, you instead substitute special pleading and rationalization then confuse them for evidence.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by DoomsdayRex]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join