It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Nicholas Berg Executed by the CIA?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I think we all are missing some key elements to the main story here.

When I first heard of the Berg killing, the news story on Headline News said that Berg had been detained by Coalition forces in Iraq before he was captured by the Iraqi militants. The story also said that his family had opened a lawsuit against the Gov't, citing that he was being held without good reason-- at which time he was released.

My point being, do we know of, or has anyone exhibited any proof that this man was free some time between his being held by Coalition forces, and his being captured by the militants?

For example, if all we know is that his family got a letter from him saying he was let free, that might be cause for suspiscion-- or any discrepencies in the stories therein.

*Note: This story also stated that Berg went to Iraq to look for a job --not that he was working for a contractor. That in itself seems suspect to me.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 02:04 PM
link   
(hint) it could be (...!!) that berg was a member of the "special forces" operating in civilian "uniform" !
the secret services never ever will say that he was in their duty !
if something goes wrong...you are on your own.
expendable... and that is stated in the contract every member of the special forces/secret services have signed willingly...

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:21 PM
link   
It would not suprise me if the American govt did have a hand in this,
But AS many of you already know, most govt's will kill their own to cover up a bigger picture, or to make take the heat of another subject....

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I doubt that the CIA is in league with the Al Qaeda any more, so I don't believe Berg was killed "by" the CIA, but he was most certainly slaughtered for two reasons:

1. Bush's failures to exterminate the Al Qaeda before invading Iraq, and

2. The CIA's historical modus operendi that led to giving the Al Qaeda the opportunity for 9/11, ending up as one of the greatest betrayal of America in our history.

Bush effectively murdered Berg just like Pontius Pilate murdered Jesus, because of leadership betrayals of mankind.

[Edited on 15-5-2004 by orang]

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I saw the video and for many many minutes the man/woman in the middle read the following Arabic Statement...if it was the CIA or any American, he/she knew the Arabic Language VERY WELL.......

Translated from Arabic

Sheikh Abu Mus'ab Alzrqawy slaughters an American with his hands and threatens Bush with more

A statement to the nation

The praise of Allah for all Muslims with his support and the humiliating of those who attempt to defeat Islam and who attack it and who entice the unbelievers with their cunning.

The one that appreciated the days countries with its justice and the prayer and the greeting on from above the Islam lighthouse by its sword as for after :

The Islamic nation

You rejoice at the first signs of the dawn that have started that have granted the wind of triumph. Allah was benevolent to us in Al Fallujah, granting us victory

On one of the days of Allah and that was known to Allah alone

The Islamic nation

Does any excuse for waiting remain? How the free Muslim sleeps, with his eyelids closed.

And he sees that Islam is slaughtered and can be seen bleeding its dignity

And the shameful pictures and the news of the evil humiliation of the Islam people men and women in Ghareb 's father prison then where the jealousy and where the zeal and where the anger about the Allah's religion and where the jealousy for the Muslims sanctities and where the revenge for the honors of Muslims and Muslims is in the crosses prisons .

As for you are the Islam clerics then to Allah we complain about you, you see that Allah have founded the argument on you by the Islam young man who humiliated the strongest force in the date then broke its nose and destroyed its pride

We came to you that you learn from them the reliance meanings and derive from their doing the lessons of sacrifice and redemption to when you remain as the women you master only the slapping language and know only the way of wail and weeping

Then this appeals the world freemen and this it begs Kofi Annan and a third begs Amr Moussa and fourth he demands peaceful demonstrations and as if they did not hear to his saying ( ( O you the prophet incited the believers to the fight ) )

You were fed up with the fight of the conferences and the oratorical battles ohm came to you that you take the jihad way and carry the sword that sent by it the prophets master

And we beg from you that you do not be involved as usual in the denial of what will do it satisfaction of the Americans

He has ordered the prophet - peace be upon him - and he is master the merciful are with the slitting of the necks of some prisoners and their slow killing

And for us it is an example and a good example

As for you, the Roman dog Bush, I hope you are displeased and we wait for you with God's Help tough days and you and your soldiers today who tred Iraq's land will regret it.

And she dared in it to the Muslims fever

And another message to traitor Pervez Musharraf then we say to him that we in wait for your meeting with your soldiers

We demand of the American and will take revenge for the blood of our brothers in and Iraq and elsewhere

And as for you and the Americans soldiers wife then we say that we offered to the American administration this prisoner in exchange for some of the prisoners in Abu Ghareb prison but they refused

Then we say but if the dignity of Muslims and Muslims in Abu Ghareb prison and others is worth theur blood and souls

we tell you to know that the coffins will arrive to you one coffin after another, as your people are slaughtered in this way.........

Then you kill the polytheists where you find them and you take them and count them and place them where they can be seen.

Allah is the greatest and the honour to Allah and to its messenger and to the militants

And our last claim is that the praise of Allah is the Lord of the Worlds

Abu Mus'ab Alzrqawy
Prince of Al Tawhid group and jihad
Iraq
22 Rabi I 1425
11/5/2004

And you see the slaughter, your fighting brothers suspend the head of this unbeliever on one of Baghdad bridges so that they teach a lesson to others from the infidels and serves as a witness to the honour of the Muslims

Source of Speech

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Interesting....question:
"Roman dog ...." is refering to what specifically?
I know 'who' is mentioned in connection to this, so don't get me wrong.

But there is a meaning to be deciphered from the phrase or wording of "Roman dog...".

Anyone?

seekerof

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 07:05 PM
link   
seems to me that nogodsintheuniverse's theories are the most plausible. its one thing that crossed my mind when I saw the photo of berg with shaved head on the staircase. he appears to be in top physical condition.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Ok, lets assuming the CIA is behind his murder. They would have done it only one of 3 ways. One is they made a dummy body, this would have to be better than any special effect you see in a holywood movie. Two, is they have a body already dead and cut its head off. Three is by far the least likely, they actually killed Nick Berg. I dont think any human being brought up in american soil with our values would be capible of such an act, let alone a large group of americans.

The second is the only likely act. Then again the audio is very distrubing, seems too realistic for a fake.

I just dont think the CIA would kill any human being in that way. No way.

I wish I never saw the video, I feel really sick, and I cant sleep or eat, whatever did this is not even an animal. Animals are above this.

Also to add more confusion, him being in our custody just before his murder is very suspicious. This act if done by the CIA would have involved many people, and if so someone will eventually come fourth with information.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Well, whoever did it, it was an act of terrorism, convenient & well timed terrorism.

Something to fill the minds of those paying attention, with thoughts not necessarily related to what they 'should' be paying attention to.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Interesting....question:
I know 'who' is mentioned in connection to this, so don't get me wrong.

But there is a meaning to be deciphered from the phrase or wording of "Roman dog...".

Good question.

Here's what I was able to find.

articles.findarticles.com... 74

"The Dogs" in Biblical Scholarship

It is sometimes suggested that "the dogs" of 22:15 is a summary term for all the practitioners that follow in the list. So Caird, "the dogs ... are here defined as those heathen who are indelibly marked with the qualities of the monster and the whore: sorcerers and fornicators" (285). It is also a shared scholarly understanding that "the dogs" is either a Jewish/Christian metaphor for the gentiles, even though it is used very rarely before the Common Era, or for those who are false teachers and heretics; and the vices that follow are seen to be descriptive of the practices of either grouping.

There is no question that when Jewish and Christian writers refer to someone or to a group of people as a "dog" or "dogs" they are being derogatory.It is generally known that Jews regarded dogs as "unclean" animals, despised because of their public habits of "mixed" copulation, urination, and defecation. As expected, dogs were banned from many sacred sites.

The article also mentions 'dogs' were regarded as purificatory animals among the Greeks and Romans. Muslims usually don't keep dogs as pets for fear of God taking away reward for his good deeds, and it is also used in a derogatory manner. "Dog" is a Jewish/Christian derogatory comment. I was unable to find anything specific to "Roman Dog".

This raises even more suspicion about the men in masks.

[Edited on 5/16/2004 by Bangin]

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:41 PM
link   
It isn't even just about the chair or the outfit.

So many things are questionable including where he was, his release, the timing of it all etc.

As for the validity of the website, I don't where the original post is but you can find stuff on this here and here

The CIA claims it examined the video and concluded that the hooded figure is Zaqrawi, a high level al-Qaeda operative. Yet this man was supposedly killed in the bombing of Falluja. Did he rise from the dead? And if he did, was his leg that he supposedly lost in 2001 get reattached? He doesn't appear handicapped in the video.

Add to this the fact of the fat guys, the gold ring, the white shoes, the lack of blood and it just all seems very strange.

Poor guy though

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 12:44 PM
link   
Edit didn't work.

This is what I found on "Roman Dog".

en.wikipedia.org...

In AD 802 Nicephorus usurped the throne of the Eastern Empire. He sent ambassadors with a letter to Harun to tell him that the tribute would no longer be paid.....

"Harun-al-Rashid, Commander of the Faithful to Nicephorus, the Roman dog: I have read thy letter. Thou shalt not hear, thou shalt see my reply."

Harun made Baghdad the most flourishing city of its time, and he referred to Nicephorus, a Byzantine Emperor, as a Roman Dog for no longer sending a tribute that was promised by Empress Irene. Its origin does appear to be Arabic.

It's an interesting story, btw.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
sick sick sick sick sick,
umm lets see what it does for the usa, defuision for mistreatment of pows, no that dont work arab press focus on mistreatment of pows instead,uk mistreatment of uk pows, no not real photos fake.
a show of power against coalition maybe?? a warning to others stay away??
maybe pure evil towards the west ?
wake up stop smoking that shi_

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Another way to prove this is that it was Bush's CIA who aided and abetted the slaughter deaths of both Berg and Tillman, because they were both more patriotic and honorable than Bush, Cheney and the entire CIA and were proving to the world Bush's cowardice and treason against humanity.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Have you ever seen the movie "The Recruit"? Makes you wonder if Nick didn't become a star on the wall.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
First of all, WorldWatcher is right, Nick berg is wearing a Kurta. Being an Idian and wearing one as we speak !

If the CIA really did kill Nick Berg to superimpose the abuse carried out in Iraqi prisoners, why make it so visible that it was fake?

I just saw this video awhile ago, I am disgusted at both sides.

Deep

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Lets step back and look back on motives. Al-Queda has claimed responsiblity for this act, and they never claim responsibility unless they did it. As for people saying they have nothing to gain from it. You obviously dont understand muslim extremists. These people never think logically, just have a simple goal of bringing terror to people to force them to leave thier land. This video accomplishes it. As for the CIA wanted to do it just to get people attention from the prisoner issue, thats bogus, they would not do such a risky operation for a small distraction. Investigations are still in progress into the mistreatment of the prisoners. You people are paranoid!

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
veldren have you ever wondered about the fact that there are fake people out there who make fake videos. for example if there is a group of people who hate al qaeda dont you think they would do anything to make them look all that much more worse? bin ladens voice hasnt been authentic in his videos. and how the hell can the c.i.a actually know its bin laden talking in them?

i just think theyre are other muslim extremists who are still against america for confronting/eliminating the tyrant saddam. that would go to extremes claiming they are bin laden/responsible for certain occurances. but hell, live by the gun die by the gun right? they all get what their souls grieved for.

this whole time we went to war and responded to the staging of 9-11 is a little too fishy for my gills. rofl.

just because someone has a different bible, doesnt mean over time stories/timelines/occurances dont get altered. i mean hell. their god in english only means ''i am all'' the last words christ said before he died.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by orang
Bush, Cheney and the entire CIA and were proving to the world Bush's cowardice and treason against humanity.

The FACT is that the CIA is too criminally incompetent to actually accomplish anything it focuses on, so if the CIA were even remotely involved in Berg's slaughter, Berg would be alive today.

posted on May, 17 2004 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Interesting....question:
seekerof

One interesting thing I stumbled upon today:

The Bush administration is planning for an Iraqi government to emerge in the next couple weeks from a selection process led by Lakhdar Brahimi, the United Nations envoy, who is in Baghdad with the task of bringing such a government full blown "as from the brow of Zeus," as a State Department official commented recently.

NY Times

That certainly appears as a strange quote, doesn't it? I mean, it wouldn't be so dubious if speak of Roman dogs and gods was commonplace, but it really isnt these days.

Not that there's some definite connection, but it's something worth watching for...

[Edited on 2004517 by Cappa]

[Edited on 2004517 by Cappa]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join