It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I don't know how to get through this

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
I just got back from a vacation to see my family back east. While there, I met the most amazing girl. We fell for each other real hard. We spent four amazing and beautiful days together. Now that I'm nearly 3,000 miles from her I hurt like crazy. I really miss her, but neither of us want to do a long distance thing. She has a boyfriend right now (long distance)...See what I mean, this is why we don't want to do that. God I miss her. I thought it would get easier everyday, but instead it just gets harder. I don't know how to deal with this.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
You may well have met your soul mate.

Usually you can tell a long-distance infatuation in that it fades rather quickly once you are apart. But if it actually does the opposite and gets HARDER..well, then, I would say you guys need to explore your relationship a bit further and not give up on communication. If you can speak on IM and email each other you may well figure out that you ARE meant to be together and that one of you will need to move.

In any event, if there is real love there. You should never give it up, Anathema. True soul-mate love is a precious gift and if that's what it is you can consider yourself extremely lucky to have found it.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Play a helluva lot of basketball. Works for me.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
Not sure what IM is, but an excellent calling plan really helps. Been there, mind you we were married for 8 years when this happened, for work. Lived apart for 2.5 years. Got home for most hollidays. Good luck.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Well Holiday romances are just that, for holidays. There's no future there so that's the end of that really.
You don't know how you're going to get through it? Sure you're going to get through it, you're going to get through it because you've got no choice.

Sorry to be hard about this bud, but sometimes you need to hear it that way.

Peace.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by John Nada
Well Holiday romances are just that, for holidays. There's no future there so that's the end of that really.
You don't know how you're going to get through it? Sure you're going to get through it, you're going to get through it because you've got no choice.

Sorry to be hard about this bud, but sometimes you need to hear it that way.

Peace.

You don't know that this is true though, John. This could indeed be the love of his life and you're willing to chance all that with the simple throw-away response of holiday romances basically mean nothing ?

The question remains though..what if it DOES mean something ?

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
I don't know KayEm, the part about her not wanting a long distance relationship, as well as the small matter of her having a boyfriend suggests to me it's pretty over for her.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 12:06 PM
link   
KayEm: Thank you for your replies. I don't know what will happen next, but I know she'll always have a special place in my heart.

John Nada: Thank you for your bluntness. I've had holiday romances, and when it was over, it was over. I can look back fondly on them, but I don't long for them like I do now. I dunno, I guess you would have had to have seen us together to understand the connection that developed. It goes so far beyond the physical.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Did she have a boyfriend when you met her on holiday?

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Yes John, she did. A long distance boyfriend. Which is exactly why we don't want to do that, because these things happen.

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
err she has another long distance relationship!!!! just my experiance but lifes to short, live the drama then move on. for all you know she,s out there now with some other guy who in a couple of weeks will be yet another long distance relationship for her. you sound like a nice guy. sucker. i dont mean to sound wicked. but i know from experiance, some girls will tie you into there dreamy little lives and tell you all sorts of things which turn out to be lies. 3000 miles is a long way, to find out your a mug. did she tell you you was different? cheer up mate, theres plenty and i mean plenty of other girls out there.

posted on May, 16 2004 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Hi Anathema,

Why don't you keep in touch to see how things pan out, but don't keep it an exclusive relantionship? Get out and about with your mates at the same time. Give yourself and your possible soul mate time to decide if your relationship is worth all the hassle it will cause you both. If its meant to be, you will get there in the end!

Good luck to you.

posted on Jun, 11 2004 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Meet another girl...end of problem..... Simple, I know, but often the best answers are...

new topics

top topics

join