It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scientology and hidden advertising

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:22 AM
link   
This wasn't a personal find. I picked it up on a common forum. But it got me thinking, how many ads we're fed that contains small suggestions towards specific cults or so-called religions.

This one here is an advert for the HTC Hero. Scroll to 3:22 and notice the two pages following. I admit it could be random, but then I wonder who in their right mind would put that footprint in there if they do not have anything to do with it.
Why not any other religion or cult? Why not a themepark?

I tried to approach it with a conspiracy theorists paranoia and started checking up on the names in the ad to link them to Scientology, but couldn't bring out any clear links.

Have any of you noticed similar suggestive advertising?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   
He took a photo of it and the footprint is like a tag on where the photo was taken. Many phones has it, and I believe the common name is "geotagging".

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:40 PM
link   
No, i dont believe that they subliminally advertise. Why would they when they allready come out with their own ads and what not.

Rich

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I am not sure what you are seeing at 3:22 but I don't get your point here or see what you want me to see. Please explain more about what you mean.

I tried again and now I see it. But I don't think that is really subliminal advertising, maybe it is but, I think they just tried to put in some trendy places in that phone's list like restaurants and night clubs and such probably, and in California, near Hollywood, there are LOTS of people who are connected with that, lots and lots of money to be made off them.

[edit on 10-9-2009 by BaronVonGodzilla]

new topics

top topics

join