It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Experienced a glitch in the Matrix today!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
I can't believe I'm actually writing this or experiencing this but here it goes.

Hopefully, there won't be any repercussions for writing about my experience. I think the Power's that be aren't threatened the slightest.

I got home tonight after a long day at the office.I opened the door and felt for the light because it was so dark in the house. Took off my coat and shoes and walked into the bathroom to wash my face, towel down.

I sat down in front of my computer. Most of the house was dark except for the glow of the over-door light in front of my monitors. Behind me was the kitchen and I had the stove shroud light on.

I was reading through the latest news on my favorite sites when all of a sudden it felt like I had blinked for a fraction of a second. Right then, the kitchen ceiling lights came on. The entire kitchen and living room behind me was bright from the light.

I sat upright and turned quickly to see what was happening. I looked at the light switch and it was flipped up. Now, I never heard the switch get flipped, nor did it seem like the light got turned on. It was almost as if one second I was in a dark house on the computer, and the next nanosecond I was in a bright room.

Now I looked at the time and it seemed as though no time had passed. I'm slightly perturbed about this because there is no way this could have happened.

Was that a glitch in the system? Could I have been abducted? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and if you have experienced this as well.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by juzchilln]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
If this truly happened to me my first thought would be theres a ghost in my house. Maybe just as out there as the matrix but that would be my thinking, a poltergeist or something.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Just some minor Quantum phenomenon - a bit of energy transfer between the infinite versions of reality.

Let me guess; you were going to turn the light on anyways, weren't you?

Maybe the you in another reality just beat you to it.

People see ghosts that look like there grandparents, perhaps they are seeming an older version of themselves.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
That does sound strange. Do you have florescent light bulbs? They sometimes have a delay. You could have switched on the light but just don't remember doing it because you were tired from work? There is also the possibility you bumped into the light switch placing it in the half way position. This could have created a delay in the switching.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I cannot even try to have a discussion about anything that involves my brain when Exuberant1 is on the board. Your icon is hypnotizing it melts my cold heart. But, back on topic, to the OP why did you immediately feel it was a matrix glitch and why not a poltergeist?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by juzchilln

It was more of a burp. There are minor and major matrices.

Don't worry. It is not in a physical sense like those Matrix movies.

The reality is more deeper than you think.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Good points you guys bring to the table. I ran a few test of my light swtich to see if I could hear a switch engage if it was left halfway up. Indeed it was really loud when it clicked home, so that's not it. Now was there any chance that I turned the lights on myself or mistakenly flipped them.

This is just very strange.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by juzchilln
I can't believe I'm actually writing this or experiencing this but here it goes.

Hopefully, there won't be any repercussions for writing about my experience. I think the Power's that be aren't threatened the slightest.

I got home tonight after a long day at the office.I opened the door and felt for the light because it was so dark in the house. Took off my coat and shoes and walked into the bathroom to wash my face, towel down.

I sat down in front of my computer. Most of the house was dark except for the glow of the over-door light in front of my monitors. Behind me was the kitchen and I had the stove shroud light on.

I was reading through the latest news on my favorite sites when all of a sudden it felt like I had blinked for a fraction of a second. Right then, the kitchen ceiling lights came on. The entire kitchen and living room behind me was bright from the light.

I sat upright and turned quickly to see what was happening. I looked at the light switch and it was flipped up. Now, I never heard the switch get flipped, nor did it seem like the light got turned on. It was almost as if one second I was in a dark house on the computer, and the next nanosecond I was in a bright room.

Now I looked at the time and it seemed as though no time had passed. I'm slightly perturbed about this because there is no way this could have happened.

Was that a glitch in the system? Could I have been abducted? I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and if you have experienced this as well.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by juzchilln]

something similar happened to me recently...watching tv...the channel suddenly changed all by itself to bbc news (from a sport channel)..and the bbc reporter just said something about a new world order coming..in front of a big graphic...then the channel switched back....REALLY freaked me out...it seemed really staged...the bbc report wasnt cut off by one single word...the switch over was PERFECTLY timed...very odd..

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

That sounds very creepy to say the least. I wonder what this is all about. It's funny because the event itself is easily dismissed after a few hours, but they are pretty significant in meaning.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Did you start this thread because you nothing intelligent to contribute to any of the other ongoing threads?

A glitch in the matrix? Seriously? You know that was just a movie right?

posted on Sep, 10 2009 @ 01:06 AM
link   
Just after I was done reading these posts, I started listening to CoasttoCoastam - the subject was time slips.

They had Whitley Strieber on talking about glitches in time.

This thread probably would have been better received if the word time instead of matrix was used in the title.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ratcals
Did you start this thread because you nothing intelligent to contribute to any of the other ongoing threads?

A glitch in the matrix? Seriously? You know that was just a movie right?

You can't be this clueless can you?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

That sounds really peculiar! Do you know in what context the New World Order was referred to? Aside from the times Presidents and such have slipped those words in, I've never seen anything on the news that mentions it in such a way. Be interesting to see why!

In regards to the light, I agree with the above suggestion of poltergeists. That kind of behaviour is typical of documented hauntings, but then that's just what I believe.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

Maybe the you in another reality just beat you to it.

People see ghosts that look like there grandparents, perhaps they are seeming an older version of themselves.

This is exactly the sort of thing I've experienced in the past. I've heard the voice of a relative try to get my attention (saying my name) usually when that person is asleep or out of the house and should be nowhere within voice distance.

It truly is weird and is probably due to the fact that time is perceived to flow forward but nothing definitive says it can only flow forward.

As for the OP, sounds a lot more like a ghost, try to coax it out, talk to it and see if you can get it to do things on cue. Nothing better than a well trained ghost

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
If anything defenely sound more paranormal.But who knows it could be a glitch

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
That does sound strange. Do you have florescent light bulbs? They sometimes have a delay. You could have switched on the light but just don't remember doing it because you were tired from work? There is also the possibility you bumped into the light switch placing it in the half way position. This could have created a delay in the switching.

That's just what I was thinking. A switch that's a little sticky, partway down, that shifts to the up position after a few minutes.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:34 AM
link   

something similar happened to me recently...watching tv...the channel suddenly changed all by itself to bbc news (from a sport channel)..and the bbc reporter just said something about a new world order coming..in front of a big graphic...then the channel switched back....REALLY freaked me out...it seemed really staged...the bbc report wasnt cut off by one single word...the switch over was PERFECTLY timed...very odd..

In your case, I would assume someone in the neighborhood has a remote with the same codes. It's also possible for incoming light to affect a remote-switched device. If you had windows open, one of these is most likely. Of course, if you have a lost remote, it could be in a cushion somewhere; we found one lost in the sofa when someone sat on it. I agree, though, the timing seems odd.

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

This sounds like the most plausible explanation: the *intention*.
It's like when elevators start moving just before you press the button, and there is nobody else in the building who could have pushed the button. This has happened to me several times (maybe three or four times), always in a certain building. Just as I reached for the button, I heard the elevator move and start descending/ascending towards where I was. It was empty and there was nobody else in the building who would have pushed it.
And the elevator functions perfectly well otherwise.

[edit on 13-10-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Oct, 13 2009 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Sounds like the light switch wasn't fully turned on/off leaving it balancing between the two. This has happened to me before, the switch will eventually slide it's way one way or another and reach the point where it cannot resist the spring any more then flick on/off.

It's a little disconcerting until you realise what has actually happened.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join