It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I hear weird stuff before I sleep

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Ok yeah I hear the sounds whether I relieve myself or not. I heard it again. Just sounds of electricity or something really weird.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:25 AM
link   
I am hearing things before I go to sleep as well friend. Typically if I just hear the bushes or something like that I will accredit it to my imagination or an animal of sorts. Lately though there has been something more.

Even as I sit here tonight I am losing sleep because of these odd noises. The house will squeak and sometimes even tremble. I hear very demanding voices and I will conciously shoo them away. Then come the soft pleading voices and again they make me feel very uncomfortable so I shoo them away as well. Lately these voices will leave and then I will receive this tremendous headache that seems to just block everything else out. It's odd that it only lasts 2 or 3 minutes.

I am young and healthy. I see no reason a 23 year old in great physical condition should suffer these kinds of headaches. At times it seems like I am even struggling against myself and that is what causes them. At other times it is like I am fighting someone else out of my head.

I don't know if I am just going crazy or what. Perhaps all that depleted uranium I was around in the military has caught up to me.

Also, I have very keen eyesight, including peripheral. Lately I have been seeing "shadow" type figures out of my peripheral. It's very odd because they are accompanied by a slightly lighter shade aura. I've seen them move directly in front of me as well. I've always had natural auric sight so that isn't a surprise...it's just that I am very uneasy about seeing an aura but seeing no physical object.

Any help? Am I going insane?

Sorry for the hijack too. I would have started my own but I do everything from mobile because my PC crashed.

A2D

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   

tremendously creepy.

Following that last post... I took a quick glance at the window and had deja vu. It wasn't a good feeling either. What is happening? This isn't typical of me at all...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
one night just as i was falling asleep i heard Kirk telling Scotty to "beam him up" and then another night i heard Quagmire saying "giggidy giggidy"
then i stopped falling asleep with the tv on and it all stopped

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 01:29 AM
link   
I used to hear my mother talking entire conversations that didn't make any sense, or hear the loud bangs.

have you looked up 'hypnagogic sleep state'?
it explains it for me

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
It was brought up a few weeks ago. It's called Exploding Head Syndrome

en.wikipedia.org...

I have it and quite a few others have it.

No real cure yet.

But it's not just loud bangs, or very bizarre music it always happens before sleep though.

Very nerve rackin though.

One time I heard a news lady talking about a subway crash, I was like woah, no crash though

It's just a weird phenomenon.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Republican08]

I'll say this... After reading about that I think I'd like to add some of the possible causes.

It could be in addition to fatigue, stress, and anxiety... the person has to have constant noises the entire day.

I went to the Cowboys Game the other day... on very little sleep.

When I got home was able to sleep for about 5 hours and then I had to go to work... Later on that day I was able to take an hour long nap and I had nothing but "crowd noise" in my head before I laid down followed by some intense dreams.

I'm convinced it was being exposed to a LOUD environment for so many hours.

But yea... Do you have constant background noise? Probably be a good idea to find a peaceful environment.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I had very strange sounds during sleep too a few years ago.

It sounded like very high voltage sound but with a very short part of the wave form repeated at different frequencies (2 or 3) for about 1 second.

It happened about 10 times over 8 months and then stopped.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by humandefense02

I think its caused by the in-between state before falling fully asleep. It's happened to me too (only in that state though - not sure if its happened to you outside of that state). Staying away from bias and assuming it is only during the in-between state, I would guess some of the following being possible:

-The brain starts producing a dream-state before you are fully asleep and outside of REM - while you are still partially aware. So you are partially dreaming while being aware and somewhat awake. I am not sure of the chemical changes in the brain during sleep, but perhaps either chemicals or being aware during the beginning of sleep brings this about.

-You are open to unseen (occult) things during the in-between state and are just observing them as they occur. Since you have some awareness, you remember them. However, if this is true and if the voice you hear is directing things to you, does this lead to us being influenced subconsciously during our dreams? Reminds me of the scene in Constantine where the angel is whispering into the alcoholic's ear for him to drink himself to death (though he was awake). If so, then use your Will!

-You are connecting with your 'higher-self' - though yours sounds to be very direct ("F you"...lol). Maybe listen to it and see what comes of it (unless directed to harm others or yourself).

Well, those are the only things I can think of IF this is caused by the in-between state. Fun state huh?

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction and thank yo uop for bringing this up.

At the rist of sounding insane....I hear a mexican radio station alot of times before I fall asleep. Complete with the D.J. speaking in Spanish and some really great mexican music. I do not hear it with my ears, I hear it in my head. But I do hear it none the less.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarknessFollows
reply to post by humandefense02

Hi there! I believe that when we relax, when we are somewhere between being awake and asleep, we reach a state where we can pick up a lot of external information, from this world, but also from the spirit world.
It seems that it is possible for you to do this. I would'nt worry about it too much.

I agree. I used to sometimes hear voices like this when I was a kid and drifting off to sleep. I don't remember being able to make out what was being said though. My thinking is that when you fall asleep, your brain mostly shuts down your 5 normal senses, thus making you more susceptible to experiencing other things. It's kind of like when the power goes out at your house and you can hear absolutely everything... it has been there all along, but the subtle white noise that normally surrounds you had been making it hard to notice.

In my early 20's, I was living with a girl who went missing one night... Although she put me through a lot of hell, I was worried, as she had a lot of serious issues and I tried to care for her as best I could. Well, when I went to bed that night, I started to drift off to sleep and I very clearly heard this voice that said something to the effect of, "she is alright". It wasn't the voice of my own thoughts at all; it was completely external and very clear, but I knew I didn't hear it through my ears, and I was completely alone. It shocked me so much that I was immediately fully awake. That's the only time I can recall this sort of thing happening since I was a kid.

posted on Nov, 6 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
It was brought up a few weeks ago. It's called Exploding Head Syndrome

en.wikipedia.org...

I have it and quite a few others have it.

No real cure yet.

But it's not just loud bangs, or very bizarre music it always happens before sleep though.

Very nerve rackin though.

One time I heard a news lady talking about a subway crash, I was like woah, no crash though

It's just a weird phenomenon.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Republican08]

I also have this problem. Its usually about once a week. I will be in bed going to sleep and just at theat point where its not sleep but its not been fully awake. I hear either a bang but more often its someone calling my name, or my son saying "dad".

It is very bezarre as I dont know if it is just in my head or in reality something was said.

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryDuck

some people like to spook people out with speaker rocks and things of that nature. ever see the movie "gaslight"?

posted on Dec, 9 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
yeah people, you're not alone in this. I find that if u unplug ur surge protector from the outlet while you sleep you may not have dreams or atleast "induced" dreams, still might hear some clicks here and there from wutever energy is left after you unplug.

I dont know exactly how these "spook" operations are implemnted, maybe through computers or some type of device that can hacks into your power supply. Don't ever think for one second that you are going crazy regardless wut is happening because technology has come a long way unless they been holding out on the public to how much we have.

I think they want us to get enraged with their "humor" so just try to be strong and comical about the situation, you can always flip their feelings back, be strong and ethical about it.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
Your brain is controlled electronically, poorly grounded electronics and wires in the wall can cause electro-magnetic interference.

posted on Dec, 10 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Does everyone experience exploding head syndrome? The first time I recall having this experience it really, really freaked me out. It was just after my little brother passed away. I was obviously traumatized, and burned out. I went to bed and within a few minutes I heard an incredibly loud surging going through my mind. Sounded and felt like I was struck by lightning. I came out of it within a few seconds, and really thought that I had brain damage. Perhaps a tumor. If I recall correctly, it happened again within a week. Maybe even the same night. I'm not sure.

Since then I've not had the very, very loud noise, but I've had something different. I've had, maybe 5-6 times, heard several voices talking simultaneously, holding different conversations. They all seem unlike anything I've experienced before. If I had to imagine what it is, it's either my subconscious recalling previous experiences to consolidate, far hearing, or some sort of interdimensional honing ability. I think the first option is most likely, but directly after the experience it really seems to me as if I was picking up on conversations happening at a distance. Very strange experience. If this does have to do with tinnitus and movements within the inner ear, is it not possible to briefly have ones hearing amplified by a large degree?!

[edit on 10-12-2009 by unityemissions]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join