It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Want to talk politics with Sarah Palin over dinner? Put your bid in on E-bay!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Not willing to sink into the shadows, Sarah Palin is auctioning a "Private Dinner for Five with Sarah Palin". Starting bid? $25,000!!!

Dinner with Palin!

As of this posting, no bids yet, but it just hit CNN, so...

According to the listing, 100% of the money goes to Ride 2 Recovery, which is a very good cause! I actually hope that she gets a huge bidding war, it's a very worthy cause. I just found the method of how she's doing this interesting. In fact, I have to respect her for using her 'fame' to collect money for a deserving charity. (Don't all of you I debated about her during the election fall over in shock!)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

um, yeah, sure thing. Let's support our position and improve our standing with the general populace who are suffering from hard times by having a exclusive dinner with rich people.

(pardon my sarcasm
)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Don't get me wrong, I'm no Palin supporter. I would rather clean all the bathrooms in Grand Central Station with my tongue than to have dinner with her. I think my head would implode sometime during the second course! That said, the money goes to aid disabled veterans, and as a vet I support anyone who is trying to help our disabled vets! She has my respect for doing this. But pretty much just this.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
For that kind of money do I get happy ending?

Second line....

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

I don't bismirch the cause, although I question her motivations behind picking said cause *shrug* And I didn't mean to imply your political leanings either way. I was mearly commenting on the concept as a whole. The problem with our country is that the elite run it and ignore the "peasents". This ebay auction *starting* at $25K in a down economy is more proof in the pudding. She doesn't want to hear from the average joe, you betcha. She wants to hear from the people that will buy her the presidency in 2012.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Its an auction, the whole point is to get someone to buy for a large amount of money.

It would be a waste to start the bidding at 5 dollars and have someone win at 100 dollars. Naturally since they want big money for veteran aid they will go after the people with the money.

Its for a good cause, if anything just say thats nice and move on.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by jd140

That's nice.. Good bye

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Current bid: US $37,700.00

Looks like this may work after all! There is 8 days left in the bid.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
The bidding has seemed to stall, but there are still five days or bidding to go...

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I'll pay/give everything I own to never meet sarah palin. The woman is not only unintelligent, especially when considering she was running for vice president, but just seems like a generally horrible person.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   
A little over one hour left to go, and the bid is up to $60,000! Be nice to see a bidding war in the last few minutes get it up over $100,000!!!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:42 AM
link   
The final winning bid was for $63,500, no details were given as to who the winner was however.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
How much to skip dinner and get to the good stuff?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by VirginiaGreen

I'll pay/give everything I own to never meet sarah palin. The woman is not only unintelligent, especially when considering she was running for vice president, but just seems like a generally horrible person.

You wouldn't pay to feel like the smartest man in the world for a few hours? Cripes....most people would feel like Einstein in a matter of minutes!

top topics

join