It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stock Up, This is Not a Test, Ominous Signals

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Alex Jones thought he'd be clever, but failed. Therefore he lost a large amount of supporters. However, then there are those who believe he hoaxed an interview to teach a lesson: don't believe everything you read on the internet. But really, the guy is a jackass and a con artist. What he does is smart: Fools you all to go to his website and read his lies and disinformation.

As for the Obama Speech...he talked to children about working hard and staying in school. What's so wrong about that is beyond me. But of course everyone has to turn into a f'n conspiracy theory. Just like they did when Sarah Palin wore a scarf that had designs of dogs on it. Maybe things are just the way they seem? Of course not, we love taking things out of context. It's what this website does.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
I'm a little behind... Nowdays, I pay more attention to C2C and enjoying time with loved ones than I do to AJ. What exactly did he hoax? Are you guys talking about the Charlie Sheen interview? Or are you guys talking about the Y2K thing? (And I don't think AJ was the ONLY one to overreact... Not that I'm defending him or anything. If I wanted to do that, I'd say "Hey, at least he isn't Glen Beck."
Ooops.)

EDIT: Nevermind. Just fired up C2C and George brought me up to speed.

Know what? I put more stock in what George has to say than Alex nowdays. And like George, I'm pretty dissapointed about this BS.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by MontanaMike]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I think I can tell you why all the distractions. And they have certainly been very effective so far.

First the Environmental Movement of the seventies, the leveraged buyouts of the eighties, followed by the free trade agreements of the nineties remove the US industrial base. Foreign investors now own over 70% of the US GNP as well as 80% our ports and are buying up our toll roads, bridges and water Authorities.

UN directed political activists slammed the lid on developing any of the USA natural resources from coal and oil to the gold mine near Yellowstone. Much of the land containing our natural resources has already been turned over to the Central Banker run UN by using the "World Heritage Site" designation

SO what is left that is not under foreign control? Our farmland - our food supply.

When you look at 2008 and 2009 from the point of view of a grab for control of our farmland and food supply it all falls into place.

1995 - WTO Agreement on Ag sets up the foundation for international regulations.

1996 - FDA/USDA scraps US Food safety program by changing from a zero tolerance import policy to a “scientifically-based and transparent risk assessment,” program called HACCP and opened US borders to trade in “low risk commodities”. This is why the USA has suddenly been flooded by tainted imports. The HACCP regs closed down government testing and gave Corporations control of food testing. This is why we see tainted food from the USA.

1996 to present The big corporations are protected while the media runs front page food scares. yupfarming.blogspot.com...

2005 The international (WTO/ISO) " Draft Guide to Good Farming Practices" was presented and the food safety bill was written - it flopped in the USA but was implemented in the EU. Result- 60% of Portugal's farmers removed, plans to remove a million Polish farmers. www.i-sis.org.uk...

2008 The collapse of the housing market and the US economy. Foreigners are flocking to the US to buy up cheap foreclosed homes. The Chinese even have tours organized.

2009 "Land grab" bills introduced as "food Safety" bills.

List paraphrased from yupfarming
1. The bills contain a civil and criminal penalty section that sets up an independent funding source so there will be no congressional oversight, has unlimited punishments even beyond the massive ones listed, will be applied by "the Administrator" without judicial review (no trial) over even validity and appropriateness. (fines up to $1,000,000/day and ten years in jail)

2. Those penalties apply to everyone in the country who "holds" food.

3. Those penalties come on top of no due process, warrantless entry, surveillance, monitoring, taking of all records, ....

4. Those penalties apply to everyone in the country who owns one chicken or has a garden

Food Democracy Now says Monsanto, through Michael Taylor, is expecting to run the giant agency the bills will set up and to control the entire US food supply, including all farms and homes and gardens.

FARMLAND is turned from PROPERTY to PREMISES, subject to international laws! Rights under the Constitution become no rights whatever through this word substitution. Farmers become mere "Stakeholders" occupying the land until the real owners come to claim it.....

"With any governmental agency, the words used in any law, regulation, rule or other declaration by the government or its agencies must be carefully scrutinized. What may seem to be nothing more than a simple word-swap may actually be a new legal definition and one that may come back to haunt you. Under NAIS the term [property] is swapped for Premises.

"Property is the term used to indicate private ownership of a thing such as land or animals and is protected by rights in the Constitution. It does signify legal ownership, and who is the legal owner and allows you access to a Civil Court and protection under the Constitution.

"Premises is a term derived from the International Law of Contracts which are the international rules, for conducting business, usually corporate, whereby [non- human entities] are declared to be [persons]. Agreeing to the redefining of [property] and to the conversion to premises, eliminates civil protections and redefines you as an [legal entity] who may or may not own the thing in question. This also subjects you to Administrative Courts using statute and codes which are derived from the International Law of Contracts (ILC) and prohibits any use of rights enumerated or otherwise within the constitution.

"Neither the government nor its agencies or agents have listed any limits with regard to any authority any or all of them may now assume or implement as a result of rule making or changes to policies, mandates and regulations. This means you do NOT know all the terms of the contract.

"Neither is NAIS an [adhesion contract] wherein the terms and conditions of the contract never, ever change because USDA or even Congress can change the rules and regulations at any time.

"Since the USDA is a self regulating and rule making agency, in effect making its own laws and enforcing them at will, rules could be changed at a later date drastically affecting everyone who has entered into this contract. ...

"In the end, we need to understand that property has a far different meaning under the laws than the word [premises]. Had there not been an intention to render a change in the status of property ownership and control there would have been no need to use the word Premises."

www.gnhealth.com...

The only reason these bills have not passed so far is because of a major effort on the part of a few citizens. TPTB were expecting to slip them through Congress with no trouble while everyones attention was on the bailout. The Monsanto's Director of Public Affairs (Brad Mitchell) has been going nuts trying to marginalize the effort. www.opednews.com...

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by whitewave
Some of us have nowhere to go.

As for stockpiling that's all good and fine but with some of the recent legislation, your stockpiles can be confiscated by our government just because they think it will do better on their shelf than yours.

S&F for the acumen and preadmonishment, though.

Could you give me an example of this, other than Guns?

WHy does Uncle Sam want my wheat flour?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by GorehoundLarry
Alex Jones thought he'd be clever, but failed. Therefore he lost a large amount of supporters. However, then there are those who believe he hoaxed an interview to teach a lesson: don't believe everything you read on the internet. But really, the guy is a jackass and a con artist. What he does is smart: Fools you all to go to his website and read his lies and disinformation.

Kinda like ATS ain't it?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
I have been saying it for months. Make people like us more visible. Put a person who would otherwise be credible and allow him to make crackpot assertions. Whiplash effect toward the entire conspiracy community. No espionage or spying needed. Cheap, efficient, and effective.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Imagine all the things that would need to happen to remove dishonesty and selfishness from the system.

The collapse of our systems is a good thing. Everything you need to be safe will be provided as long as you are grateful to just be in the moment.

If you're afraid, everything you're afraid of will be provided.

It's the law of the universe.

The man that has will have more.

The man that has not will even lose what he has.

Do you have or do you have not?

[edit on 9-9-2009 by brianmg5]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

Far from a mad Max scenario historically these periods lead to great leaps in technology and capacity.

The worse it get's and the more advancement as a result the longer people remember.

I honestly think this might end up being the last time we put ourselves through this.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Its like the Life of Brian from Monty Python...

"He's the messiah"
"No I'm not"
"only the true messiah would deny his divinity"
"ok I am the messiah"
"The MESSIAH!!"

C'mon, maybe there is some heavy stuff going down but Alex Jones is nothing more than a joke and a con man taking peoples paranoid money from them. A lot of whats behind info wars etc is good and benevolent but that is only because the people who have become interested/involved are benevolent people who want to see change. Its just a shame he's misguiding us all. I mean check out the 'advertise' section at the top of his web page (infowars). then scroll down and click on 'get the media kit.pdf' then go to section 3. he blatantly tells people they deliberately'disguise' links to commercial websites as 'breaking news' this drives traffic to these commercial websites. He even says 'the adverts/links can say whatever you like'. he's just a shrewd business man making money.

Anyways, you can't say if its not a hoax its real and it if it a hoax it just proves its real. What about just accpeting some serious problems are going on at the moment but Alex Jones is just a fake and con man capitalising from it all?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Karlhungis

No I agree, fall? Maybe maybe not... but sooner than we think...

When the pressure builds something has to give, my thoughts aren't revolving around conspiracy theories but rather they revolve around the nature of things and cycles.

We are near a breaking point.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Dynamitrios

Dynam

Who said anything about Iran attacking us? Don't be so defensive.

I'm talking about Israel attacking Iran or us doing the same and what the response would be.

Simply acknowledging that Iran would defend itself and that if Israel attacks Biological weapons would be Iran's best hope of striking back at the USA.

It's not like nations don't defend themselves

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by juzchilln

I couldn't agree more with almost everything you are saying.

All I am actually saying is that these things might genuinely be about to pass.

And frankly if you know there is going to be schizm you should get out of the way, to me these things are like forces of nature, can't fight them or control them.

And you don't want to stand right in front of them...

I have no specific prediction of doom, I just see genuine signs that the collapse before the new is kind of imminent and I have never historically seen in all my readings a time when great change came without chaos at first.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Alethea

Those are some very wise words and the kind of things people actually need to think about.

I agree, mobility is probably a key factor...

Owning a bicycle and being in shape to ride it or possession of a tent might be far more valuable than a bomb shelter.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

my thoughts aren't revolving around conspiracy theories

It feels sinister, like we are being prepared for a Bio Attack

This brings me to:

4: Iran, recent events regarding statements from Israel, this is to me the most likely source of some kind of Biological Attack within the United states, this is of course a guess on my part but the timing seems to line up and Iran would be the nation most likely capable of launching such an attack on this country they have a very advanced capacity for Bio Attack.

That sounds a lot like a conspiracy to me. I think that it will start this fall. It may not be some huge event right away, but if my gut tells me it all starts this fall.

I hope I am wrong.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Asherah

Fear is the ultimate reason for denial...

But when the time comes if things go bad he will want to be with you and save your lives and in the end that's the most important thing.

You know as a previous poster said mobility might be a bigger factor, there are things you can do...

You know there are things I have done in my life and never had the common sense to lie to my mother about, not everyone can handle thinking about the hard things in life....

So why discuss it with him... day by day, there is nothing WORRYING will do for you anyway...

But you know what, you can be a bit deceptive... pick up electrical tape and stash it, buy a few extra canned goods, ask to order bottled water and always have a few five gallon jugs around...

express a desire to camping and get some items you feel you might need...

You don't have to make it about "Survival" you don't have to discuss these things, enjoy him, enjoy your life and secretly be prepared as best you can IF

Some people can't handle mental stress, so don't bring it up, just be a good person and take the precautions on your own

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Mopus, I just wanted to say that this is a brilliant thread. Thank you. I have always been very wary of people who are obvious, loud, in your face, and the distraction they might be creating. I don't know if this is what Alex was up to yesterday, but I was looking elsewhere to see what was going on. I don't know if I've seen anything yet, but time will tell, I guess.

I can see that it's the same with 2012...we have all been expecting that date to be the big problem, when infact all models seem to point to the lead up to it being the difficult phase. My personal belief is that we will start to live our lives the way we really should when we get to that date, and although we will still have problems to deal with, we will be stronger and clearer in our capacity to survive anything.

You've made it much clearer to me that the date itself is being used as a distraction. As for predictions and doom merchants, the things that hit us hardest are always the things that we can't see coming down the pipe. There is almost no point in trying to predict what will happen...just be ready. Thank God I'm in the sticks with my well water and my chickens!

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What you have to realize is... in the true event of a bad scenario, all the laws in the world will no longer exist, they don't have the manpower to enforce once things get bad...

We cite all these laws

But these laws are there to control the wing nuts and people who might feel like going bonkers prior to tshtf

Once it gets bad, cops and soldiers alike have families, they will be engaged those that stay put

There are a Million laws...

But in times of anarchy there are no laws...

No one is looking for YOU... there wont be law enforcement for long if your not a reactive person, not to the degree of seeking you out and coming for your 8 cans of cambells tomato soup...

I wouldn't much worry about the laws unless you plan on getting excessively paranoid and going wing nut without anything happening

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by mopusvindictus

Well, reinhardt did warn about something. Another "well-photographed" 9/11 style event.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Brilliant Hunka...

Uncle Sam doesn't want your wheat flour he will never have the man power in a crisis to come get your Wheat Flour...

But these laws are the indicator...

That Uncle Sam is scared senseless and wants the ability to do whatever is necessary as IF they can control a calamitous situation...

It is NOT the laws I find ominous, unless you really stand out they will never be used on you.

It's the fact that they are scared enough to implement them, that's the proof something is very wrong.

IT WAS not very long ago... not even 12 months ago about gaining power via fear tactics...

But it's shifted, they are actually very concerned now... some things went very wrong in the plans Me thinks

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
In my opinion as an outsider looking into your country i dont believe it is ultimatly the government that will show up at your door and lock you away, it will be your fellow countrymen. Sure you could blame the government for creating the divide but you dont have to watch anything for very long before you can see the absolute anger and frustration the citizens have. Im not blaming them for those feelings im just hypothesising that a "tipping point" event is all that is needed to create some very large scale rioting. It will be a citizen just like you who cant stand something about you, that will be the one you fear.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join