It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UN Currency Takeover: Reserve status fear hits dollar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
The United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD) yesterday released its report calling for a new, international, currnecy to replace the U. S. dollar as the world's "reserve currency."

The immediate result? The dollar has plummeted to new lows, with no bottom in sight. As a result, commodities prices have driven almost straight up, with gold passing $1,000/ounce and climbing.

www.ft.com...

The dollar slumped to its lowest level in almost a year on Tuesday rally in gold prices and concerns over its reserve status weighed on the US currency.

The dollar also suffered after a report from a UN agency rekindled concerns over the currency’s reserve status and raised fears that global reserve managers could diversify away from the US currency.

The UN Conference on Trade and Development urged the creation of a new world reserve system using several currencies rather than just the dollar, and called for tough controls on cross-border financial flows.

UNCTAD said the system of currencies and capital rules which binds the world economy is not working properly, and was largely responsible for the financial and economic crises. It added that the present system, under which the dollar acts as the world's reserve currency , should be subject to a wholesale reconsideration.

The UNCTAD report is the first time a major multinational institution has posited such a suggestion. The proposals, included in UNCTAD's annual Trade and Development Report , amount to the most radical suggestions for redesigning the global monetary system.

The report calls for a new Bretton Woods-style system of managed international exchange rates, meaning central banks would be forced to intervene and either support or push down their currencies depending on how the rest of the world economy is behaving.

"Replacing the dollar with an artificial currency would solve some of the problems related to the potential of countries running large deficits and would help stability," said Detlef Kotte, one of the report's authors. "But you will also need a system of managed exchange rates. Countries should keep real exchange rates [adjusted for inflation] stable. Central banks would have to intervene and if not they would have to be told to do so by a multilateral institution such as the International Monetary Fund."
www.telegraph.co.uk...

Additional stories:

www.telegraph.co.uk...

rawstory.com...

Other ATS links:
"UN Want New Global Currency"
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope you're out of dollars and into commodities.

jw

[edit on 8-9-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
My best gues in this is that they will make some kind of bogus currency like the euro.

i my self is raised in a country in europe but not in the union, but what i think pepole forget is,

back in the 80's there was tons of diffrent currency around, French frank, German mark, Etc etc, the strength of this currency was represented by the countrys economy, (BASICLY)

Now with the euro means like, if Germany goes totaly down the drain rest of the european union, gotta carry their burden even though they are not responsible for the acts that made this happen,

i also dont like this United Nations crapp about global reserve. this is just #ed to be honest in my opinion the whole # should decentralize, this would solve this # in the first place !

**sorry for some strong language**

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Rufuz]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Rufuz

I'm sure that the whole idea is to transfer global influence away from the U.S. in many transactions, and to a "global" body such as World Bank or IMF.

Step one. Next step, submit U.S. to "International" courts' jurisdictions.

Obama is the person to do it. Finally. (from their point of view, not mine)

jw

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

well its not a good idea. atleast not from where i stand. becouse if you many small instances its so much harder for the wrong pepole to control it/Micro manage the currency flow of cash, inflation etc.

this is a bad step after what i know fo the montery system, atleast how the US / EU / NOK monatery systems works.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This not just some random "occurrences" this is been manipulated to cause this same effect, as the nations deficit grows with not end to the economy woes in the nation so other countries around that has been working very hard for a new change in currency now have the opportunity to finish their job for their cause.

China has been doing its fare share of gold manipulation since last week after borrowing 50 billion dollars from the IMF, but people are so into "Americas propaganda that they are missing the entire picture of how we are were we are right now.

A nation population that falls into ignorance, falls into decay.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

well yes. but its still bad to have global currency, it wont work if they want to keep the illusion of a "working global market" i mean there are upps and downs in the cononmy this is normal.

but this is global take over. and to be honest i think everyone who has spendt soem times studing monatery systems knows this.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by jdub297

Excellent report on the issue.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
This not just some random "occurrences" this is been manipulated to cause this same effect, as the nations deficit grows with not end to the economy woes in the nation so other countries around that has been working very hard for a new change in currency now have the opportunity to finish their job for their cause.

China has been doing its fare share of gold manipulation since last week after borrowing 50 billion dollars from the IMF, but people are so into "Americas propaganda that they are missing the entire picture of how we are were we are right now.

A nation population that falls into ignorance, falls into decay.

Marge is right this isn't some random occurance that is happening here. Spetember has been a bad month for indicies and the economy in general for some years now. The article coming out now after China has already stated that they are going to allow massive defaults by their financial people etc. is no accident.
There has been a systematic plan in effect for sometime now and what we are seeing is the plans that where made behind the scenes from the very start.
Many countries are tired of the USA and the EU Union of being top dog and running the show, that part is a given they have been very vocal about it. The BRIC has been at the front of the dog and pony show from the start. The fact that they have this body backing their calls should be a wake up call to ALL OF US the world over.
What we are now seeing is the fact that the so called international bodies created to hold everyone in check are wanting to get their hands in the mix too.

One thing we should all take into consideratiopn is the UN's eta. al OWN terrible track record of being able to balance the books. In the very recent past they where audited by a few outside sources and found to be greatly lacking in the ability to regulate their own house and the money flowing in and out of it. The same reports that Ban Ki Moon tried to have put aside mind you. I have the pdf's on my media center will go and pull them up and get you guys a link. The last people who need to be bringing up ANYTHING about finance is anyone run or controled by the UN. They are worse at it than the banks that screwed up with the over extensions.

Edit to add link to pdf:
media.abovetopsecret.com...
This is the pdf about the mismanagement and severe loss going on at the UN and its governing bodies.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by xoxo stacie]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   

... other countries around that has been working very hard for a new change in currency now have the opportunity to finish their job for their cause.
China has been doing its fare share of gold manipulation since last week after borrowing 50 billion dollars from the IMF ... .

Absolutely! China and Russia have been pushing for elimination of the dollar as reserve, and they and the IMF have everything to gain from it and nothing to lose.

China will be dumping dollars, using IMF funds and any other resources it has to continue a program of buying up commodities to inflate their value and add to its hoard.

"Aided By Financial Crisis, China Gains Key Assets"

jw

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by xoxo stacie

This not just some random "occurrences" this is been manipulated to cause this same effect.

The BRIC has been at the front of the dog and pony show from the start. The fact that they have this body backing their calls should be a wake up call to ALL OF US the world over.
What we are now seeing is the fact that the so called international bodies created to hold everyone in check are wanting to get their hands in the mix too.

One thing we should all take into consideratiopn is the UN's eta. al OWN terrible track record of being able to balance the books.
Edit to add link to pdf:
media.abovetopsecret.com...
This is the pdf about the mismanagement and severe loss going on at the UN and its governing bodies.

You've certainly got your finger on the pulse of the world manipulation going on right under our noses!

Between the U.N. ( IMF, IPCC, WHO) and BRIC, the U.S. will eviscerate itself so the others can thrive.

China is now hoarding commodities of all sorts, but most importantly, STRATEGIC resources such as copper and gold.

"China Gains Key Assets"

Chinese companies have been on a shopping spree in the past month, snapping up tens of billions of dollars' worth of key assets in Iran, Brazil, Russia, Venezuela, Australia and France in a global sale set off by the financial crisis.
The deals have allowed China to lock up supplies of oil, minerals, metals and strategic resources it needs to continue to fuel its growth. The scope marks a shift in global finance, roiling energy markets and feeding worries about future availablility and prices.

BRIC is going to step back from Copenhagen and let the U.S., U.K., and E.U. strangle their economies in the name of "global warming/climate change."

The "climate envoys" of the world's largest polluters have decided to oppose greenhouse gastaxes, credits and schemes aimed to reduce CO2 emissions. India urged other emerging countries to oppose developed countries' efforts to force developing nations to make binding commitments on reducing their carbon emissions or pay tariffs.
Russia, China, India, Brazil (the "BRIC countries") will oppose carbon schemes at a meeting of the BRIC group, in preparation for the December U.N. Copenhagen Conference.

"World's Largest Polluters Unite Against 'Carbon Schemes"

We'll regret we ever took this path. It is self-destruction.

jw

[edit on 9-9-2009 by jdub297]

[edit on 9-9-2009 by jdub297]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
How to get out of this situasjon ?

Dropp the monatery system ?

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Rufuz

At a certain point, we have to end Federal intervention into the economy.

As it stands, the government has no faith in the American public. Maybe rightly so.

But, stepping in and doing "what's right" (in their thinking) for US will not help.

Some banks must fail. Some car makers must revamp or die. That's a natural business cycle. You make a mistake, you learn from it.

Right now, the government doesn't want us to learn from our mistakes. It insists it knows best, and that if it only helps "a little bit," we'll learn, grow, and be better.

At some point, we need a spanking, take our medicine, pick up the pieces and come up with our own answers.

Won't happen until "nanny" let's go. And the rest of the world is taking advantage of it while we ignore the truth.

jw

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by Rufuz

At a certain point, we have to end Federal intervention into the economy.

As it stands, the government has no faith in the American public. Maybe rightly so.

But, stepping in and doing "what's right" (in their thinking) for US will not help.

Some banks must fail. Some car makers must revamp or die. That's a natural business cycle. You make a mistake, you learn from it.

Right now, the government doesn't want us to learn from our mistakes. It insists it knows best, and that if it only helps "a little bit," we'll learn, grow, and be better.

At some point, we need a spanking, take our medicine, pick up the pieces and come up with our own answers.

Won't happen until "nanny" let's go. And the rest of the world is taking advantage of it while we ignore the truth.

jw

well not onlt the federal reserve, but all of it has to stopp, all monatery system based on the same corrupt ideas, Almost all currency of the western world atleast to my knowlage is based on the system,

i have read up on how this system works. its quite complex but, this has to end ! they are eating us alive, and to be honest, it pisses me off.

but you are right, they force us every government in the western world wants us to be as dumbass as possible and lazy, so that we can just be in side a huge barrel of water swiming around and around. we the pepole have to stop it, its our country not some pepole at the top. i am not an anarkist i beleave there needs to be a system, but the current one is so bad, i hope for my children sake that there is free will when they get as old as i am now

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 11:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rufuz
well not only the federal reserve, but all of it has to stop, all monetary system based on the same corrupt ideas

It's probably too late. The biggest holders of our debt are now dumping it and using the cash to improve their own economies.

jw

new topics

top topics

join