It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Tazed Man 28 Times (He's Dead)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

So would being beaten to death while handcuffed by a cop with a baton.

Perspective people.

What is your point?

Seriously. Give us some perspective.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

What is your point?

Seriously. Give us some perspective.

Source

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by KSPigpen

If you strike somebody once or twice with a police baton you're not likely to kill them. However if you repeatedly strike them while handcuffed 28 times, death is a much bigger possibility. I'm not a big fan of the tazer but lets keep it in the proper perspective here.

They misused the tazer plain as day...

[edit on 8-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by KSPigpen
reply to post by eNumbra

You're quite welcome and I agree completely. It's still a weapon and I would hope that even a basic understanding of it's operation would lead an officer to exercise extreme caution, but I was just wondering if the fluffy 'non-lethal' hype that surrounds these things leads officers to be more complacent in their use.

I would think that would be a part of the problem. I also see it as part of the improper call for a ban on it.

I read both the blog article and the blog's source and can find no information on how many shots the officers took before cuffing the man. Once the man had dropped the steel bar he was holding the cuffs should have been on him; any shots of the taser after that it basically becomes the police officers administering their own sick form of justice.

I find it hard to believe, even a person high on drugs who has dropped to the ground in pain is a threat whilst still on the ground in pain. It should never take 28 shots from 1 Taser, if they didn't have him under control after 14 they aren't trained right.

[edit on 9/8/2009 by eNumbra]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stevegmu
If he hadn't have threatened the police with a steel bar, he wouldn't have been stunned in the first place. Don't people on crack have higher instances of death by taser than sober criminals?

You are probably correct in that assumption, as far as the 'crackheads' having greater numbers die during tasing parties.

At what point, while the guy is flopping around on the ground, is the original issue of the iron bar irrelevant? After ten tases? Twenty?

Just a bit excessive. It turns out that Australia is not the only place where the use of tasers is coming under some serious questioning.

Taser International Inc. sues Canadian government

Nothing bad can come from taking a SERIOUS look at how you treat the citizens of your country.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Oh,

Because the 'beat to death' thread is that way ===>
(Go let them know it's torture though - that's what I'd do)

This is the tazed to death thread.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

HOWEVER, this is yet another in a long line of horrible abuses of this tool by Police. Tasers don't kill people, but Police do

I think you hit it on the nail. The focus should be on cops, their training, and tazer guidelines. Those tazers didn't shoot themselves.

Excessive indeed.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Just some food for thought....

The current X26 model automatically stops five seconds after the trigger is depressed and then the trigger must be depressed again to send another "shock". The trigger can be held down continuously for a longer shock or the device can be switched off before the full five seconds have elapsed.

One worst case scenario for this incident....assuming ONE taser was used (I didn't see this specified)

The cop repeatedly hits the trigger on the tazer, 28 times. One second apiece....for twenty eight seconds, +/- of excruciating agony...the sickness comes in if he held the trigger down and just re-squeezed it every time the taser stopped... 28*5= 140 seconds of electrical bliss. At what point did it become 'fun' instead of self-preservation?

There's a lot that remains unknown about this story. Maybe one of our friends from Oz can shed some light on what went down.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
These cops should be tried for murder.They obviously misused the the taser turning it into a lethal weapon even tho the suspect could have been subdued.Looks like cold blooded murder to me.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
These cops should be tried for murder.They obviously misused the the taser turning it into a lethal weapon even tho the suspect could have been subdued.Looks like cold blooded murder to me.

I can't help but think it looks even worse than that. Given the number of times the trigger on the taser had to be pulled, it would almost seems as though they enjoyed it. Special place in hell for folks like that.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:36 PM
link   
What I really find shocking about this story, is that the police department in Queensland pays $15000 for a $1000 Taser.

It is rather interesting most on here side with the criminal, who was threatening the police with a deadly weapon.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
You know when they show police tazer training they always hit the trainees with the tazer in a supposed effort to induce some sympathy and restraint in the trainee.

I have always felt that this act introduces subconsciously in the trainee a desire to seek revenge against those people the trainee perceives made the painful training experience necessary in the first place - the criminals.

If you want to teach restraint to officers undergoing tazer training you should force them to use the tazer against someone they love (and vice-versa in the interest of fairness.)

Jon

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I'm surprised they didn't taze him one more time.... just to make sure.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Voxel

How about teaching drug addicts and other criminals not to threaten police with steel bars, and avoid such incidents in the future? Whenever one threatens police, they are putting their life at risk.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
During the G20 Summit meeting in London there was a guy just standing around with his hands in his pockets. Nothing to do with the protesters on the street. Just his bad luck that the protesters were being moved where he was standing with the police moving the crowd. When the police came up to this guy who wasn't even looking at the protesters he was hit from behind causing him to fall over with his head being the first point of contact on the pavement. With in minutes he was dead. The cop did not need a taser for this just his club. This was filmed by all of the security cameras in the square. We know this happened because Channel 4 News in England edited all of the video tapes together in a sort of movie. The English Government sued Channel 4 News but lost so that we could see the truth. In the mean time English Police are ordering more Taser Weapons. Scary time to be a protester let alone a innocent person on the sidewalk at the wrong time in broad daylight.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Disclaimer: I'm a theist but not of the Abrahamic faiths. I have minor biblical scholar and scriptural skills. Also I am not a scientific/legal or medical expert in any field. Beware of my Contagious Memes! & watch out that you don't get cut on my Occams razor.All of this is my personal conjecture and should not be considered the absolute or most definitive state of things as they really are. Use this information at your own risk! I accept no liability if your ideology comes crashing down around you with accompanying consequences!

Explanation: I posted this at this Thread a while back....my opinion hasn't budged an inch!

" I'm all for police being able to manipulate anybody retained under their duty of care as long as say every 3mnths they get RE-EDUCATED in the consequences of their actions [ignoring cases where firearms were discharged] and as such would undergo enduring the methods they regularly apply in the course of their duties such as pressure point techniques and tasing. Personal Experience is the best eye opener of all!
"

Personal Disclosure: State sanctioned protection rackets make me want to

Edited to add my disclaimer. soz me uber tired.

[edit on 11-9-2009 by OmegaLogos]

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
reply to post by KSPigpen

These stories always shock me. I mean, why didn't the cops just run over the guy with the SWAT van? It doesn't make any sense.

28 times!

It almost seems like they were taking bets on how many strikes it would take to kill the guy.

I'm shocked also, and so was the guy who died.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Would not 28 squeezes per crim give the cop RSI?

Maybe he is trying to retire early on medical grounds.

It just seems every week we have news of member of the law going overboard. I remember seeing that cop on video on top of a pregnant woman who still had her seat belt around her shoulder boy was he shouting at her. Is the problem training as in not enough or the quality of it or just after a while being On The Job these sick people loose all compassion and care for the members of the public. This in no way excuses the crim but the punishment doesn't seem to fit the crime.

posted on Sep, 16 2009 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Oh boy ant that just great way to travel to the depths of a human mind, what you think it hurt more to the Stunner or the stunned? i say nothing more to this matter.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join