It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Israeli Government Ads Warn Against Marrying Non-Jews"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The Link

I am really feeling bad for the Jewish people as every day it appears that their leaders have lost their minds.

Israel has launched an advertising campaign urging Israelis to inform on Jewish friends and relatives abroad who may be in danger of marrying non-Jews.

Inform on people who may be 'in danger' or marrying outside of the jewish bloodline? that is kind of, well, very nazi like in some ways, elitist and sick in others, and just all around bigoted if you ask me.

The campaign, which cost $800,000, was created in response to reports that half of all Jews outside Israel marry non-Jews. It is just one of several initiatives by the Israeli state and private organizations to try to increase the size of Israel's Jewish population.

Hmm, why the desperate need to increase the population guys?

According to one ad, voiced over by one of the country's leading news anchors, assimilation is "a strategic national threat," warning: "More than 50 percent of Diaspora youth assimilate and are lost to us."

OH! I see it is about power and control, what a surprise, the jewish state israel always seemed so friendly and open I never would have suspected them of such desperate grabs for power and control.

Adam Keller, of Gush Shalom, an Israeli peace group, said this was a reference both to a general fear in Israel that the Jewish people may one day disappear through assimilation and to a more specific concern that, if it is to survive, Israel must recruit more Jews to its "demographic war" against Palestinians.

And the cat is out of the bag. This is about over coming the Palestinians through out numbering them. This is most likely a sign that any statement made that israel will stop building 'settlements' is a lie. their plan is to dominate the palistinian people in any way shape or form. it actually reminds me of brave-heart when the english lords get to have sex with the scottish women, maybe that will come next?

The 30-second clip featured a series of missing-persons posters on street corners, in subways and on telephone boxes showing images of Jewish youths above the word "Lost" in different languages. A voiceover asks anyone who "knows a young Jew living abroad" to call the hot line: "Together, we will strengthen their connection to Israel, so that we don't lose them."

Madness.

Related (but different) Topic: Israel Passes Racial Purity Law

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:25 AM
link   
To the those Israeli racists dudes: Keep in mind that it is the choice of the people to get who they love not you. You don't have the right to decide who should they go out with and who shouldn't they go out with.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Animal

S & F, thanks for that, it was very unexpected. However, I'm sure soon enough you'll be called an anti-Semite and this thread will tumble down that hill.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by '___'eviant
reply to post by Animal

S & F, thanks for that, it was very unexpected. However, I'm sure soon enough you'll be called an anti-Semite and this thread will tumble down that hill.

While the 'anti-semite' jabs could very likely be hurled my way, I have never said anything against the jewish 'people' or their culture. just their asinine leaders.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:51 AM
link   
This is the ad:

I speak hebrew so I'll just say that it say's "more than 50% of the young men and women in the 'diaspora' are assimilating, if you know anyone who lives abroad (meaning, Israeli) - plz call this number and we will strengthen his connection to the motherland."

Pretty lame, idiotic message. Like, what? I'm gonna call and you're gonna give me a crash-course in Zionism and Judaism? what the hell...People should do whatever they want with their lives, love prevails.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
This is even worse than the Isreal National Radio (it's basically a zionist world service / voice of freedom style propaghanda station) bit they kept playing which suggested that people who 'look jewish' probably are because lots of peope hid their jewishness during the antisemitic era and should reconvert and move to a 'politically important' area such as the golan hights (which is the bit they want to controll because it's got all the water for the entire region)

It's almost funny how stations such as I.N.N constantly air adverts convinceing poeple to move to 'new areas' or 'politically important areas' while at the same time the government is claiming no new settlements!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   
I'll have to find it, but I remember a few years ago there was a study done that stated within (I believe) three generations the Palastinians will outnumber the Israeli's which is why I'm thinking they are putting out propaganda. Some sort of agency or government really needs to publicly condemn this, what would the outrage be if this ad came from Christians, Muslims, Blacks, Whites, Hispanics, whatever. That group out be called racist or elitist, which is exactly what it is. I'm sure their panties would be in a bunch if they knew my Jewish cousin married a Morraccan Muslim, perhaps if the number had been around it could have prevented
. This is a new low.

I know it says Israeli National Radio, but when I visited the site there I could not locate a list of supporters or sponsors. Does anyone know where to locate it?

Edit: My mistake it was 10 yrs and stated by Jimmy Carter.
www.haaretz.com...

[edit on 8-9-2009 by searching4truth]

[edit on 8-9-2009 by searching4truth]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:14 AM
link   
There is nothing anti-semitic in bringing this issue. Israeli government is promoting something very

elitist and sick

and this is the way it is. It never is going to work since people fall in love and marry not due to national interests but due to personal ones (oh the horror) and state has no right to influence this desicion by playing on patriotism (or actually even bordering racism) .
I can understand religious groups doing this kind of propaganda, this is their gamefield, but government wasting tax payers money promoting this crap that would never work - is wrong.
I can imagine somewhere far far away - "Darling , i would gladly marry you - but my motherland strengthened connections too tight so i am not allowed. Alas. Where is nearest monastery?"

Who exactly thought that it is good idea i wonder?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I dated a jewish girl for a while. We really got along well. We had loads in common and religion was never an issue between us. That is, until I met her parents. Her mum was very polite to me but her father refused to even talk to me. Only one time... but I'll get to that.

It turned out that one day, I went with her to her parents house around dinner time as she had to drop something off to her mum. They were sitting down to dinner at that particular time. I guess her mother felt compelled to ask her to stay for dinner (as most parents do). She was obliged to also ask me also given I had accompanied her daughter. Anyhow, to cut a long story short, her father openly refused to sit at the same dinner table with me. He was quite overt about it. My girlfriend was very embarrassed about the whole thing.

When we left, he came out to the car and told me point blank that he didn't want me dating his daughter due to 'cultural sensitivities'. Needless to say, we split up a few weeks later due to the stress this caused in our relationship. I can only imagine how satisfied her father was at this outcome. Even today, when recounting the whole thing, I feel like whacking the guy upside his smug head.

This is the one and only time I have been a victim of racism in my life and I live in quite a multicultural society. Now, every time I hear the word anti-semetic, it raises the hair on the back of my neck. The only word that comes to mind is 'hypocrites'.

Hey... if they are so intent on inbreeding, power to em. Let them keep propagating those recessive genes for all I care.

IRM

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
This makes perfect sense to me in a racist, eugenics kind of way.

Israel is all about trying to bolster it's defensive/offensive capabilities and legitimacy through numbers.

I live in Miami Beach and there are so many Israelis here illegally that it's not even funny. They are here because...well...Israel is just not the greatest place to live. These are not American Jews with dual citizenship, these are people who were born and raised in Israel and really don't want to have to live in Israel.

While the truth will likely be never known just what led to the Holocaust one thing is for certain, without the Holocaust Israel would have never reached a critical mass in population to achieve independent statehood.

The dual citizenship laws around the globe allowing people to be citizens of Israel second after being citizens of other nations first under the Law of Return is all about trying to bolster it's numbers on the ground and on paper to justify everything from aide from foreign nations and not making real peace concessions to the Palestinians.

While it's a racist appeal decidely so, it's also a clear sign that Israel has a population problem and is trying to stem the tide.

It's not so much about just racism and racial purity as it is trying to keep people from emigrating away from Israel.

In the last 10 years I have had no fewer than 4 Israeli women seek my hand in marraige as a means to be able to permanently immigrate to the United States.

The reality is Israel has great propoganda but just a lousy country that not too many people but charity cases and religious zealots want to actually live in.

The Jews of the world love the idea of having a homeland but the reality is most of them really don't want to live in it. I know it, you know it, the Jews know it and the Israeli government knows it, and the Zionists know it and this is just tangible proof of it.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Judaism is a very, very confused religion - on one hand it is possibly the most sensible religion on the planet (certainly monotheistic) on the other they are one of the crazyest (thats before you get into the burrying plates thing lol)

I could reconvert to judaism and move to isreal, i checked on the website and i clearly fulfill all the criteria (although it would be unwise to say what they are because i'll get called a racist) apart from wanting to connect with hashem (or however you spell gods name) that is. My flights would be paid for, a house provided for the first year - all because my great grandma lived in a predominatly jewish area of london (she even washed the Rothchilds linin) and may or may not have been a crypto-jew. If i fit the bill then i'm sure many of you do too (i'll find the link in a mo).

This is a perfect stratagy to get people into 'politically important' areas and judaism has throught out its history used technically if maybe not morally perfect stratagy to main a cohesive and powerful comunity. This is something we must admire judaism for, it has always changed with the times but managed to stay rooted and grounded, it's taken in new ideas and not been afraid to do whatever is necessary - it has done this by always alowing and welcoming ideas through the proper channels, removeing the need for agressive systems of debate.

I know isreali people and to be honest most of the younge ones i've met have been fairly cool, liberal people much like you might find anywhere in the developed world. They are not a regressive or backwards thinking people, not by any stretch if the imagination.

We might look at isreal and say, how terrible they're trying to edge out the poor palestinians - and so we should! however, i'm english, i have to admit it's a bit hypocritical of me to moan about isreal when it's not too long ago that my nations troops were dominating the arabs and stealing their oil.... oh wait, we're still doing it too! From arab nations or china or russia or indonesia it we in the west are just as bad as isreal.

Yes isreal is lieing to everyone, Yes isreal is fighting illigal wars, Yes isreal is ignoring human rights, Tes isreal is resource stealing, Yes isreal is acting like a spoilt child. Look at the country you are in, can you honestly say that it couldn't be argued you are doing the same?

Most heavily orthodox jews believe that got created evolution, i hate the idea of sky wizards but thats a fairly rational approach in my mind. Most highly religious jews consider that god wants them to do what they know is right above all else, i.e. modern memes of society are used rather than bronzeage dogma, this is fairly rare in almost all other religions. Isreal is much more like america and england than you might like to admit to yourself, it's one of the few countrys to have seperation of church and state for instance!

Why do i say all this? Because we must stop thinking of isreal like its the bronze age world we all read about in our bibles, only then might we be able to understand it.

After all, i'm sure Fox talking heads like billo spout just as much vile retoric about 'glassing towlheads' and 'just grab the oil' to match anything isreal national news can pump out, and thats before you start exploreing the rest of the AM dial!

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Stunning, for once the Anti - Anti - Israel Calvary did not come to the aid of their idolog!

How very telling.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:14 AM
link   
This is absolute stupidity.

The only reason pro-Israeli supporters haven't shown up is because there is no issue at hand. There is no racist motivation. There is no controversy. The "So What?" factor is off the charts here. Some cultures like and dislike interracial and intercultural marriages. That's the simple fact, it varies from culture to culture. Your automatic assumption that some strange agenda is underlying all of this is natural, I've seen how you all post. If this was not about Israel, you wouldn't bother clicking.

Stuff happens, live with it.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Animal
Stunning, for once the Anti - Anti - Israel Calvary did not come to the aid of their idolog!

How very telling.

By the way, it wasn't until 1967 that interracial marriages were legalized in the United States. And before that, that was institutionalized by laws. This is someone's advertisement saying that the original Israelite population is spreading out. One would think that you would want less Israelis but here you are wishing for more.

Kaboom goes your points and comments.

new topics

top topics

join