It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scottish Independance or maybe not?? Important read

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
This is something I have been noticing that as far as I can find nobody is mentioning or realising what is going on yet.

Right now in the UK an SNP government is has a majority vote in Scotland and a Labour government is in Westminster in England.

Independance in Scotland is quite a big issue at the moment and is often mentioned in the media...

news.bbc.co.uk...

www.dailyrecord.co.uk...

There is actually going to be a referendum on Scottish "independence" and most of the time people get caught up in the debate about Scotlands oil or who could survive better on their own, England or Scotland etc.

Take all this and put it on pause for a second and look at the bigger picture of what is going on in the world right now.

The UK is not a complete member of the EU, it does not use the EU currency (euro).
The British public would never vote to lose the pound right now and have never in the past.

Have a little look at the articles below...

www.telegraph.co.uk...

business.scotsman.com...

I present a conspiracy to desolve the UK into seperate countries and destroy the pound on both sides.

All part of the parcel that is global government because right now the UK is standing in it its way alongside the US.

If this happens it will also void the UK's Bill of Rights that prevents us from answering to foreign powers. It was written to give us all freedom.
www.tpuc.org...

The country is under seige and has been for some time from the EU.

Scotland will end up "independant", England will join the Euro in time when the impact of seperation devalues the pound even more.

Scotland is not getting independance it is getting dependance and rule from the EU.
Just like England, Wales and Northern ireland will get dependance as well.

The moral of the story here is, do not vote for the lie that is labelled "independant Scotland" unless you like the idea of global government.

Scottish National Party??

Should be called, Globalist Agenda Party if the world was not built on lies.

Scottish Independance = Scottish Dependance

Do not get caught up in a patriotic storm, only fools rush in as they say.

Hope that makes sense.

Cheers!

Edit: Changed title to make topic more accurate

[edit on 8-9-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

I don't get your point.

I think that all countries should be independent, but I don't see how if Scotland was independent of England it would lead to one global government. And why would they have to change their currency?

If anything, surely it would lead to one more independent country to fight a global government.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

The SNP leader, if you read some of the links I have posted has already said that scotland would switch to the Euro and write a new consitution.

This would disolve Britian as whole ,eventually, into the European Union, right now Britian has its own seperate government and only takes some of the EU laws on board, it is not a full member.

It is simply a part of the jigsaw is what I am saying but more importantly people are not noticing that Independance is being sold as actual Dependance.

Scotland would no longer be an independant country, it would be a member of the EU and recieve its laws from the EU state.

There is currently a push for an EU presidency, if the EU has a president that makes prime ministers etc nothing more than order takers if your getting my point?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

OK. sorry I did not read your links.

I see the point now, and I am totally against a one world government - which will probably happen anyway.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by spellbound

It will happen, its written.

I just think that people need to open their eyes sometimes and not fall for the lies. If you can see through the lies, you can find the truth and the truth sets you free from all of this.

The world is actually upside down when it comes to truth and lies right now.

"As in the Days of Noah"

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Good post XXXN3O. I'm all up for Scottish independence, but not if it means selling out to the EU! The EU is definitely a definitive move towards a one world government.

Although i don't think it will happen any time soon. Not until there's an English National Party, which i think there should be, speaking up for English nationalism. Then maybe the government will take note and have each nation devolve further. At the moment we've just got a token Scottish Gov that can't make decisions on anything that really matters and a British government that will keep a tight hold of the reins for as long as possible.

What's the point of spending all your time campaigning for an independent nation then proclaiming you'd go ove to the EU? Hence the fact i'm not a fan of the SNP.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
the scottish people seem to be faced with a choice, according to you, rule from london or rule from brussels.

doen't seem like much of a choice, frying pan or fire.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:36 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

You know, the world has always been upside down about truth and lies.

And I have heard "The truth sets you free" from a lot of sources, but you cannot find truth among liars, which, unfortunately, are everywhere.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:37 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Excellent points made there...thank you. I have very little faith that Alex Salmond has Scotlands best interests at heart...he's a business man after all, not a politician....and I realised only very recently how we were being played with the promise of independence to make us part of a bigger plan.

No-one I talk to who understands the situation wants to be part of the EU, and all it's rules and regulations. If we get independence, it must be on our own terms and be genuine...not some manipulated membership of an organisation we don't want to be part of. That might be a long way in the future.

I think that the way Alex Salmond has handled the Donald Trump golf course affair tells all we need to know about what he thinks of our feelings, and what we want for our country. The golf course plan north of Aberdeen is massively unpopular, and will ruin a very special site for ever. We are being tempted by the promise of jobs and money, and inflated property prices, but I suspect that most of the jobs will go to Trumps own people, and we will be left as cleaners and shop assistants...nothing wrong with that...I do both myself. But the promises aren't there...it's all fake, and Trump does not negotiate.

Sorry....I little off topic...but that's how it seems to work. Fake promises to get what THEY want, and not what's best for us in the long term.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Nammu

Well as a scottish person I value history but right now we have the UK and if you read on its history the constitution we have was created to prevent the very thing that is happening, from happening.

We have had some good kings that valued the people of the land. Its a gift and right now people are not noticing it.

Its amazing though, stick this in front of people...

Oh, the irony.

If these people who fought and died where here today they would look in shock and awe at what is being pushed into this country as so called independance.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by pieman
the scottish people seem to be faced with a choice, according to you, rule from london or rule from brussels.

doen't seem like much of a choice, frying pan or fire.

Well in my opinion, in the past Scottish people were persecuted.

Eventually the land became known as the UK, then it was recieving foreign orders. Basically the same thing could have happened only to English and Scottish.

Common Law in the UK changed that but it is important to remember history so that it does not happen again, Scotland and England remember there history well therefore it will never happen again as far as war with england and scotland etc but people have forgotten why we have a royal family in the first place.

Twisting a nations history to lead it into slavery is what is happening right now.

The whole of the UK will be flushed down the toilet pan into the EU that is why we should be hanging on to the UK.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Hey X,

I knew we had a psychic link - it is our Scottish blood!

This has nothing to do with the subject but is really interesting.

Are you psychic? We are Celts and we are psychic - I am, anyway.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:48 AM
link   
At present Scotland has significant representation and influence in Westminster as well as having the Scottish Parliament.

Scotland has control of a lot of it's own affairs, certainly more than an Independant Scotland fully integrated in the EU would have.

Whilst I recognise the need for more devolved power for Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and ENGLAND, I honestly believe the complete severing of ties would be detrimental for all of us.

I have many, many Scottish friends and visit Scotland regularly.
I enjoy the sporting rivalry we have and the debates we have.

I don't have all the answers, far from it, maybe some sort of Federal monarchy or even Republic, I don't know...I just know that there is more which unites us than that which divides us and we should sometimes concentrate on the ties that bind us together!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by spellbound
reply to post by XXXN3O

Hey X,

I knew we had a psychic link - it is our Scottish blood!

This has nothing to do with the subject but is really interesting.

Are you psychic? We are Celts and we are psychic - I am, anyway.

Am I psychic? I will try, erm, ok your wearing white socks

I dont think im psychic no.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:53 AM
link   
The way that I understood it, England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland already are independent countries. They just, at one point, "decided" [as England and Scotland ended up having the same monarch] to share a centralized government, thus creating the United Kingdom. So, it could be said that the United Kingdom is an independent country made up of independent countries. So, this movement really wouldn't be, then, to make Scotland independent, but to instead sever political ties with the rest of the UK. Or is my understanding wrong?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freeborn

At present Scotland has significant representation and influence in Westminster as well as having the Scottish Parliament.

Scotland has control of a lot of it's own affairs, certainly more than an Independant Scotland fully integrated in the EU would have.

Whilst I recognise the need for more devolved power for Scotland, Northern Ireland, Wales and ENGLAND, I honestly believe the complete severing of ties would be detrimental for all of us.

I have many, many Scottish friends and visit Scotland regularly.
I enjoy the sporting rivalry we have and the debates we have.

I don't have all the answers, far from it, maybe some sort of Federal monarchy or even Republic, I don't know...I just know that there is more which unites us than that which divides us and we should sometimes concentrate on the ties that bind us together!

Well said.

I personally dont know why everyone keeps sprouting this "change" malarkey.

The British way has worked for centuries as it is but recently it is being sabotaged by its governments policies. That is the main reason I think times are difficult rather than the original way of things being at fault. Its the leaders, the policymakers as well as the people believing lies etc not the nations foundations.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
The way that I understood it, England, Scotland, Wales, and Northern Ireland already are independent countries. They just, at one point, "decided" [as England and Scotland ended up having the same monarch] to share a centralized government, thus creating the United Kingdom. So, it could be said that the United Kingdom is an independent country made up of independent countries. So, this movement really wouldn't be, then, to make Scotland independent, but to instead sever political ties with the rest of the UK. Or is my understanding wrong?

If the SNP were to decide on that it would mean that somehow the land known as Scotland would sever ties, join the European Union, use EU money, take dictations from the EU on laws etc and somehow create a so called Scottish constitution.

How is that freedom?

Thats a dictatorship is it not?

Theres a giant mind feck going on here and some are not even aware that there mind holes are raw from the pain

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 04:59 AM
link   
I think independence would be a terrible idea, as stated we would just get ruled by Brussels and lose massive amounts of Jobs, for example MOD jobs by the thousand for starters. Couple that with the fact that there is existing contracts in place for the North Sea oil, do you really think it would just be handed over to the Scottish government
. The only way I would support this is if Scotland became completely independent, had no ties to the EU, could set its own fishing quotas and patrol its own fishing grounds from European Fishermen, have its own pound and eventually get control of its own oil to make petrol and diesel costs much lower than the uk and lower taxes. And while we are at it stop the immigration and dilution of our culture and throw out any immigrants that are on benefits or who are in prison. If we could get all of that then I am behind it

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:01 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Scotland should be independent.

There should not be global rule.

And you are not wearing white socks and nor am I.

Another thing - a lot more women than men are psychic. We have different brains.

BTW, the only man I know who is psychic is gay - so there you go.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

S & F

from me,

a kiwi with Scottish inheritance.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join