It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Growing Absurdity and Desperation of Conspiracy Theory Debunkers

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

The Growing Absurdity and Desperation of Conspiracy Theory Debunkers

www.americanchronicle.com

As more of the truth about the U.S. Government's complicity, if not involvement, in the attacks of September 11, 2001 comes to light, and more "Scientists" and "Psychologists" attempt to add their "expertise" to debunking the obvious truth, the pathetic attempts at keeping the corruption and the truth hidden have become more rampant -- despite the fact that the Government's 9/11 fairy tale has almost completely unraveled -- and the majority of Americans still have questions that need to be answered.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   
We have all encountered those debunkers, that simply dont give up, even when presented with truth. Do they think are all psychotic? It sure seems that way.

Trying to Label Conspiracy Thinking an Illness

Psychology Today writer John Gartner tried to label Conspiracy thinking as a psychotic illness in an article he wrote. In describing this 'psychotic illness,' Gartner himself fulfills the psychotic criteria he's describing. A lot of Psychology Today's collection of complementary health resources in its collection of Psychological therapy comes from Pharmaceutical companies.

Gartner is the type of 'professional' that gives their profession a bad name. Many suffer because of one's stupidity. Psychology Today -- as well as National Geographic and Popular Mechanics -- is another example of an entity that sells itself out to large corporations and ends up badly soiling itself because the greed and stupidity reign free. The truth always wins in the end. The desperation to keep the truth hidden is growing.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by wonderworld]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Paranoia is a very versatile thing. It is surely a natural human reaction, a natural reaction to substances, and a hallmark of of mental illness. Conspiracy theories are not logical, the majority of the time. That is not to say they are not correct, but Occam's Razor rarely points to conspiracy over cover story.

I would say this study is pretty dead on.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:22 AM
link   
I think denial is a huge part of it, I hear lots of people who still actually think they can trust their government 100% and everything they tell them!

I guess for some of us its a burden and for others its a crutch, what would they do with out somebody telling them what to think, do and feel?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by PartChimp

What study?
And it isn't paranoia when they really are out to get you.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I believe having a bit of paranoia can be a good thing, most of the time when Im paranoid about something, it turns out to be a genuine concern.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Paranoia can be good and bad. Like most things, moderation is the key. If you find your seeing conspiracies at every street corner then the paranoia is mutating into unhealthy obsession, which is a mental illness all on it's own.

IRM

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:03 AM
link   
There are many who still maintain they trust the leaders in everything, however, we do have a responsibility to each other and this planet, and a conscience. I do think that many people have been taught to not question, as MC, but many are taking the easy way out by avoiding their own inner warnings that things don't add up. I hope the nudges in people will make more and more speak up.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by PartChimp

Maybe but I'm finding more and more of these conspiracy theories are more factual, than many think.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by refuse_orders

Denial is correct, as my grandmother told me "back in the old days we didnt question our leaders" They just took it as fact.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Smack

I have to agree with you. They ARE out to get a lot of us. Social Networking sites are their prime target now.

I'm sure ATS is at the top of the list.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

An example of their view of paranoia is all the dead birds falling out of the sky, that we recently larned were poisoned. Too many to list.

They have us either listed as paranoid, loony toons or doomsdayers.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Hmm, maybe I'm paranoid about the TARP, Stimulus or FEMA camps. They all exisit, yet we dont have a clue as to their function. It leaves a lot to our imagination. what happened to the transparency issue?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

That's true,,we are being nudged in every direction. Most come here to find answers. The are usually right in front of us but we have never been trained to look at the alterative conclusions.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:32 AM
link   
The problem with all the conspiracy theories is that there are so many of them. They range from the plausible to the insane. Some of the so called “truthers” are obsessively narrow-minded, blinkered and fanatical and any meaningful debate or discussion is difficult at the best of times.

How do you cut through the crap to actually get to the truth? The absence of evidence seems to be evidence enough, which seems to me to be an irrational approach to the subject.

Regards

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

Youre right about plausible to the insane. We simply brush aside info that seems insane; although I have agreed with some insane sounding things before.

What Ive noticed about debunkers is they are usually overbearing and ususally only on government threads.

They will try to derail it or make it appear you are bonkers. This is why I usually have some theoritic ideas behind me when I approach them or Vise Versa.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Conspiracies are the *norm* in human affairs and have been throughout history. To analyze events without taking secrecy into consideration is nieve and incomplete. So as the truth does come out, people who do not wish their bubble to be burst will of course become more absurd and desperate.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by wonderworld

We have all encountered those debunkers, that simply dont give up, even when presented with truth. Do they think are all psychotic? It sure seems that way.

Trying to Label Conspiracy Thinking an Illness

Psychology Today writer John Gartner tried to label Conspiracy thinking as a psychotic illness in an article he wrote. In describing this 'psychotic illness,' Gartner himself fulfills the psychotic criteria he's describing. A lot of Psychology Today's collection of complementary health resources in its collection of Psychological therapy comes from Pharmaceutical companies.

Gartner is the type of 'professional' that gives their profession a bad name. Many suffer because of one's stupidity. Psychology Today -- as well as National Geographic and Popular Mechanics -- is another example of an entity that sells itself out to large corporations and ends up badly soiling itself because the greed and stupidity reign free. The truth always wins in the end. The desperation to keep the truth hidden is growing.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by wonderworld]

I ABSOLUTELY think that Conspiracy people are psychotic. The desire to see a boogey man under EVERY act leans toward psychosis.

You are actually saying the EXACT thing debunkers are "It's proof...CAN'T YOU SEE IT?!"

You are living under the famous tee-shirt saying "I deny your reality and replace it with my own."

It is simply CREEPY that you people believe that YOU and ONLY YOU see the truth. If a person disagrees THEY are the LUNATIC...THEY need help.

Calm down...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
edit

[edit on 8-9-2009 by angelx666]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by wonderworld

20 years from now historians will say the 911 attacks were the best thing to ever happen to america. It provided irrefutable smoking-gun proof that our leaders are mass-murdering psychopaths. Even the idiot american had to eventually admit it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join