It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2012... the idiots holiday

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:51 AM
link   
i have come across some things in my life that make me go "why are people so damn dumb!?" but this just takes the cake. People have not only started to believe that the world WILL end on 2012, but that it will come from a collision with an enormous planet called Nibiru. a planet that no one has seen and is in fact impossible. and yet people believe this crap. why? because they are bored?? anyway if u think nibiru is gunna kill us all please for the love of god try and make some sort of logical argument?? before i kill myself to escape the stupid...

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 12:57 AM
link   
reply to post by superevoman

None of that crap about "It will pass by and stop our rotation." Thats impossible. Considering many claim that Planet X passes the earth every 3000 years. Stopping the earths rotation would cause mass effect. Such as chaotic weather (That is just an example) But to get to the point nothing would be alive!

Also if the argument is "Planet X 'Nibiru' will collide with earth." That is also impossible considering nothing the size of Jupiter or so they claim. Wouldnt be stuck in a orbit as radical as they say. Figuratively speaking a celestial body that travels as far as the Kuiper Belt (roughly 55 AU I.E 8227890000 Kilometers) the Celestial body would have to travel well... 2742630000 Kilometers a year. Now put it in KmPH which is 313085, Or 194531.9466505681818181 miles per hour.

To break it down the Earth travels 66623 MPH. Planet X is 194531 MPH. Thats 2.92004 the speed of the earth. (earth being fairly small compared to Jupiter or this Mythical Planet X)

Now Planet X is said to be the size if not bigger than Jupiter. To have a orbit like that of a Asteroid it would have to be pulled in to the sun thus having a smaller mass and hardly no gravity to combat the sun's gravity. In short its mathmatically impossible.

Does anyone even realize that, the Mayan calender just ends on December 21st 2012? It doesn't signify any great happening. Just that one millennium ends and a new one begins.

I have a theory that the Mayans predicted! A black hole will sit on the earth and we will all die!!!!!!11

P.S to those that don't know. That little Hurricane on Jupiter's side. Well Three earths can fit inside that thing. That is how big Jupiter really is. A rocky planet that size is even more an impossibility than it traveling 55 AUs in Three years. (Considering its "Size")

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Benihime]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Benihime

yes, a rocky planet the size of jupiter is next to impossible. it would be so massive that it would shrink in on itself due to its own massive gravity and possibly start fusion and become a small star depending on what its core is made of. 2012 conspiracy "theorists" = dumb. end of story.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   

Escape the Stupid

Your right 2012 is big hoax and the morons are becoming stupid with each passing day.

Too much fluoride and mercury can make a person say things without doing the research.

[edit on 9/8/2009 by Big Oil]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Oil

sad thing is this requires no research. OMG ENORMOUS PLANET GUNNA FLY HERE AT IMPOSSIBLE SPEEDS AND KEEL US... oh wait that makes no sense. ill go on with my life.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   

This video is a good example of what your talking about

[edit on 9/8/2009 by Big Oil]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
though you are invited to my 2012 dec 21 party in the harbour on a yacht, just to make sure we either
A) rub it in to the nutters
b) go out with a bang

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:39 AM
link   

It is like the moon landing. People blindly accuse with no scientific back up. Granted some of the "theories" could make sense if we were on earth, but it doesn't derive from the fact that many if not all have been proven false. People just point and yell fake at what little thing makes there life seem to have meaning. I am guilty too, I sit here and combat those type of people. Free mind equals a free person, not a bandwagon following moron.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:52 AM
link   
CANNIBALISM! that right there proves 2012. yup cannibals. mayans and old stone calenders and stuff.... WOOT

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

If you mean, point and laugh at the crazy people o_o i am in. Will there be alcohol?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 11:47 PM
link   
im relieved but almost disappointed that not even a single person defended this point of view... may be there is hope....

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:50 AM
link   

I think my big numbers scared them away o_o.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benihime

Now Planet X is said to be the size if not bigger than Jupiter. To have a orbit like that of a Asteroid it would have to be pulled in to the sun thus having a smaller mass and hardly no gravity to combat the sun's gravity. In short its mathmatically impossible.

Oh noes! You have a very flawed understanding of orbital mechanics!

You could actually put a planet, say the size of Jupiter in the same orbit as Earth given Jupiter must travel in the same orbital velocity.

And it if it had enough angular momentum with respect to the Sun, it can actually 'graze' the Sun at blinding speeds without falling into the Sun(given the tidal forces don't rip it apart).

Get back to your physics textbooks, pls!

P.S. I also don't believe in Nibiru close encounters given the current facts. But like I said, you still need to brush up your orbital knowledge.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by ahnggk]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by ahnggk

Originally posted by Benihime

Oh noes! You have a very flawed understanding of orbital mechanics!

You could actually put a planet, say the size of Jupiter in the same orbit as Earth given Jupiter must travel in the same orbital velocity.

And it if it had enough angular momentum with respect to the Sun, it can actually 'graze' the Sun at blinding speeds without falling into the Sun(given the tidal forces don't rip it apart).

Get back to your physics textbooks, pls!

P.S. I also don't believe in Nibiru close encounters given the current facts. But like I said, you still need to brush up your orbital knowledge.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by ahnggk]

No, the point is "Sling shot effect" When a planet that size that is suppose to be pure rock. Would either A) Just implode B) break away because C) It 55 AU At that speed using the sling shot effect like a asteroid is mathmatically impossible.

I know this because, my Gpa who worked for NASA has taught me all about this. Now, I don't think a man who worked for NASA would be that wrong. Would you? My orbital knowledge is just fine. Take into account the Size, the speed and the distance traveled.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Benihime

if something that big and that dense was moving that fast it would create a small gravity wave, a distortion in space time which we would be able to detect.

posted on Sep, 11 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
also, here is the trump card.
I will be nice and say Nibiru is only as massive a jupiter. if it were to get as close to the sun as the earth is, with an elliptical orbit it would get pulled into the sun if it couldnt reach escape velocity and "slingshot" around the sun. the force generated by the sun and nibiru would be over 1.1952*10^44 N/s
or 119520000000000000000000000000000000000000000 Newtons of force every second between Nibiru and the sun at the perigee of its orbit. the speed required to escape such a gravity well is around 14,870,000 km/s.....
WHICH IS ALMOST 7 TIMES THE SPEED OF FLIPPING LIGHT!! i can show u the math if u like... not hard to figure out.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Looks like i either won or killed the tread =-O
aww and i wanted to argue >.

new topics

top topics

join