It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History Channel's 'Nostradamus Effect' Discussion...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 750Aero

I agree, the new episode about Da Vinci held nothing of interest for me, unless I had been looking forward to a biography on Da Vinci. Hopefully the next episode will have something worth watching.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
'Nostradamus Effect'

The message it seems to me is that there are those who have some of the same possible connections of or with psychic ability. Whether these are mediums and or some elite group is still in question. I'm not sure on the timeline, but it may be that certain elite groups or secret societes within certain fields of study had access to certain writings, now lost.

Stories of bloodlines etc. might be related as well. Now it would seem that the information was encrypted in certain forms such as artwork and sculptures. Just because Da Vinci is credited, doesn't mean he was totally responsible. I would imagine some possible connection to an interdimensional being/messianic entity/entities or time travelers.

Now we have remote viewing. I suppose there are than also those who are remote vewing Leonardo Da Vinci and similar works. It almost seems as if to be some type of on going game.

What is christ and antichrist may have something to do with a planned timeline of events either way.

Natural events that are cyclical may play a huge role.

Bible codes seemed as if to suggest alternate timelines. I suppose that depends on if people figure out the coded warnings. I had read somewhere about the games angels are playing. Others might have said Gods.

27 year war after the death of the antichrist is interesting. Some might think this is related to a religious figure or struggle to fulfill a bible prophecy.

The recent H1N1 scare and mandatory innoculations might be a way to find, tag or destroy a specific bloodline and or hybrids.

I don't recall seeing anything yet in the series that's new. The History Channel might just be doing this to sell more of their DVD series.

Hopefully, they'll eventually release some breakthrough.

Maybe it's meant to jog the visions of any remote viewers, seers and psychics in the viewing audience?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Since i was young i saw the original orson wells movie about nostradamous,and i immediately got the book of his quatrains i think like the bible its open to interpretation and the history channel is trying to cause panic actually their trying to get better ratings but going about it the wrong way.It is easier to get approval by fear than fact hitler taught us that!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   
the divinci episode had me saying "what is it that they are seeing that i dont?"

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
This week's one (which I just watched today on my DVR) was very nice. It was about the supposed end of the world in 2012. It focused on, among other things, the Mayan calendar, Timewave zero, and even the Web Bot. I really enjoyed this episode.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by they see ALL

It's hard for me to say if this one was any different from any of their other 2012 programs. I was actually watching it while doing something else on the computer, so, I guess I might have missed something special about this one

The new program Flash Forward.........

www.youtube.com...

..........that was on last night was about many people seeing future events when they passed out for a few mintues. That was suposedly the whole world. It also reminds me of a 2012 scenario.

Kinda like the movie Dark City where people go unconcious but much worse, like 2012?

www.youtube.com...

Gotta wonder where aliens get their ideas from or.....visa versa

Some may suspect or imagine that science fiction movies are prophetic or cryptic. Now add documenatries such as the one mentioned in this thread and it gets even more interesting and makes for a less mundane life experience.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hello, all- I haven't seen these TV shows, but I do know a few things about Nostradamus. Sometimes it's better to start with the man himself.

There really aren't any good translations of his work available- sometimes if you want anything done right, you have to do it yourself. If you're not up on Old Provencal & Latin, or old European history, it's a daunting task. I've translated most of his prophecies (hobby of mine).

Michel de Notredame wasn't out to make a buck- he was a French Jew whose family had converted to Roman Catholicism to escape the French Inquisition. The Inquisition didn't take kindly to prophecy or anything it could interpret as witchcraft, either. The near-1000 quatrains are artfully written in a way that seems vague at first for this reason. The poor man was in deadly fear of this Inquisition all of his life, with good reason.

Nostradamus' visions were sent to him by God, & the prophecies were meant to warn people of future events so that they could be stopped. To date, I don't think it's ever happened. He is regarded by some as an unreliable prophet because so many of his prophecies have not yet come true.

A good place to start would be the books written by the late Erika Cheetham; she was a noted British historian. What she did was to use her extensive knowledge of European history to try to solve all of the quatrains that had come true already- to cancel them out, as it were- so that she & others could decipher the remaining quatrains for hints of future events. She did an admirable job.

In a nutshell, what I have investigated on my own reveals this: Nostradamus predicted 3 World Wars, & the third will make the first two look like tea parties. He foresaw the end of the Catholic Church as we know it, and the rise of another better church out of its ashes to take its place. He predicted the Antichrist, yes- but in three different incarnations; his first was as Hannibal of Carthage, his second was as Attila the Hun, & his third shall be that of an "Apocalypse Now" type of person (it's a great movie- be sure to watch it)- a general of an army of a major world power who will try to take over all of Asia. There's lots more- too much to reveal here.

What makes the quatrains so difficult is that they are NOT in the proper order. Finding the prophecies that relate to one another to create an entire picture of an event is pretty tricky. Nostradamus also said that few if any people would have the psychic talent required to accurately translate his work, & that most people would realize he was right after the events he predicted had occurred. Also, a knowledge of astrology is required. If one knows how to do this, the astrological clues in his verses reveal a timeline of events- as long as the interpreter has a good ephemeris (a book of timetables of the positions of the planets). For me, it was quite an adventure.

Most TV shows misinterpret Nostradamus a great deal, & yes, they are out to make a buck by entertaining people first & foremost. Take them with a grain of salt. If anyone wants help with a translation, post it here or U2U me & I may have a few answers.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Hey, Deianera, let's not derail this thread with translations. I am intrigued, however, by your hobby, and I would love to see your work. Maybe you can make a dedicated thread about that.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 05:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Deianera

your post includes just what the 'Nostradamus Effect' entails...
contemporary people 'seeing' the supposed actualization of his fuzzy predictions found in the published Quatrains.

thanks for this lead-in:

...Michel de Notredame wasn't out to make a buck- he was a French Jew whose family had converted to Roman Catholicism to escape the French Inquisition. The Inquisition didn't take kindly to prophecy or anything it could interpret as witchcraft, either. The near-1000 quatrains are artfully written in a way that seems vague at first for this reason. The poor man was in deadly fear of this Inquisition all of his life, with good reason.
[...]

Nostradamus also said that few if any people would have the psychic talent required to accurately translate his work, & that most people would realize he was right after the events he predicted had occurred. Also, a knowledge of astrology is required...

Someone explain to me why the seer M. Nostradamus had to obscure the data for future predictions which were to be 500~ years in his future?
M. Nostradamus could very well have used actual names/sites/nations of the future events as the Catholic Church Inquisition would be completely unenlightened about the veracity of the prediction.
M. Nostrodamus was very astute in using anagrams and other devices to hide & obscure the persons & events of those prophecies that would happen within his & his families lifetimes...i can agree that a fear of Catholic Inquisition pressure & tortures can be made to be an excuse & explaination for his masked predictions...but here we have the perplexing 'which came first, the chicken or the egg' problem...

thanks for your contribution Deianera

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Eh, another boring episode tonight.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Kind of interesting tonight. I didn't know about Newton's work on the end of times. The episode was a bit repetitive, though.

posted on Nov, 11 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This show is very well put together. Have enjoyed every episode, so far, if for no other reason than entertainment value. A lot of interesting ideas put forward, though.

"For 1000s of years, prophets around the world have predicted the end of days. More than one suggests the apocolypse is fast approaching. We call this theoretical convergence between doomday prophecies and today's events 'The Nostradamus Effect' "
:
:
We will neither refute nor endorse these theories, merely present the evidence."
(pretty much keep their word on that)

"Secrets of the Seven Seals" episode was pretty thought provoking :-/

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
I watched an episode of this last night. It was the one about the Hopi, Mayans and Egyptians predicting that Venus would once again cause an event in 2011 or 2012 (can't remember which) that would be catastrophic and would change the world completely.

I must say, I have never heard of this Venus theory before, it was quite worrying while I was watching it, I got quite scared.

I have done a little research about this and found it's a couple of websites to explain it, if you also have never come across this before. I hope I am allowed to post the url here - if not please edit and remove.

Scroll down to THE VENUS TRANSIT OF 2012

The Venus Transits The Pentagonal Cycle of Venus

Any views about this? Have I just forgotten or not heard about this before or is it just not a very publicized theory?

Thanks look forward to hearing from you all

posted on Apr, 2 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Well Nostradamus was at an advantage, having access to ATS intel from the 2550s thru extraordinary circumstances.

Of current interest in these times, these 2 episode stands out:

S1 E3 - Extinction 2012

- Da Vinci's Armageddon (Playlist)
www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join