It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An interesting something I found within a story...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

An interesting something I found within a story...

www.ctv.ca

Harper also got a gold coin representing an imaginary future world currency, and a fancy watch -- both of which he had to forfeit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Imaginary or not, this is two instances I can remember now in the last few months of "imaginary future world currencies" being handed about among the worlds leaders. The Italian PM gifted one of these coins to each visiting head of state. This is very interesting to me, but the part that really caught my eye was the "gold coin" aspect of it. Gold. A future world currency minted in gold coins? Is this an idea Italy supports?

www.ctv.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

Here is an image of the coin:

[edit on 7-9-2009 by ppskylight]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Very interesting read! That is now TWO leaders givern an "imaginary" future one world currency.

It's like the world has already changed and we just don't know it yet.

I wonder if there are any more examples of these Currencies have been given out to state officials.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Well the plan for the NAU has been in effect since like the 60's I think. An Harper is silently pushing that Agenda along.

Those gold "coins" were probably actually working models of the Amero, the new currency that would take over if the three countries merged.

I remember seeing a website that had them on there.

Different article but there is a photo of the new coin here.

Another website that has alot of interesting information.

Amero Info

~Keeper

[edit on 9/7/2009 by tothetenthpower]

[edit on 9/7/2009 by tothetenthpower]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:52 PM
link   
From the comments in the article:

Wow, we are in the midst of an economic crisis and our world leader buy each other expensive gifts. All the while over 80% of the world population still lives on under 10$ a day. Pathetic. And this should not be praised but sructanized!

Couldn't of said it better myself. As for the coin I would like to see it! Are there any images on the web of this coin?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Different article but there is a photo of the new coin here.
The only coin I see in that article is a 2 Euro coin from the Vatican.

Very hard to find.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Here is the coin that depict the imaginary future.
Coin given to all G8's.
Here too.

[edit on 7/9/09 by Rhain]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:02 PM
link   
Thank you for providing images, fellas.
EDIT- Second line.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by ppskylight]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Well the plan for the NAU has been in effect since like the 60's I think. An Harper is silently pushing that Agenda along.

Those gold "coins" were probably actually working models of the Amero, the new currency that would take over if the three countries merged.

The Canadian people will never allow the NAU to form because it would be 'manifest destiny'. We are even taught in school about the American concept of thinking they must own all of America.

Also, what does it have to do with the NAU when it was Dmitri Medvedev who first showed it off?

Have people ever stopped to think that maybe, just maybe, a world currency is a really good idea? Maybe it would even unite the world. Or are people just afraid of change?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
"As long as the matrix exists, the human race will never be free." - Morpheus, The Matrix.

The problem is not the idea nor even implementation of a one world currency. As a unit of exchange, it isn't really problematic beyond the practical.

The problem is who is 'setting things up' and how they are manufacturing for themselves a 'top-level' position in the economic chain. They will always be the masters unless we keep watch and demand a consensus.

As a planet, we probably wont do that. As a nation, each of us are disconnected from the decision-making process, as communities, we are nearly invincible. It is the 'key' to the kingdom.

Keep it together, let them plan all they want. Without us, THE TRUE WEALTH, they have no power at all.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
The new world currency is a product of the G8, the eight leading countries in the world. They are the ones who will implement these changes into their societies and if it is successful, then it will be up to the rest of the world to move forward or backwards.

Your matrix quote is true, but it is the world we live in now that has hit the point of needing to either evolve or collapse. Somebody needs to step up and spearhead the real new world order.

Who do you expect to do it? Some mysterious "illuminati"? If their was a real illuminati, then the only real power they have is from the people who keep bringing them up. Do they control your body, your thoughts, your heart? No, if they exist then they are just a bunch of egotistical old men who believe they have a chance of controlling a world of almost seven billion people of all dimensions and beliefs. They would never succeed.

In reality, it is up to the G8 to come up with a world currency. They have the capability and population to do it, and it should be done for the advancement of the global community. I support global citizenship 100%, why should people be labeled and limited by geopolitics? The world is ours.

[edit on 7-9-2009 by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I won't presume to debate you. It seems to me unlikely that we are destined to forever have varying currencies and rates of exchange. At some point a single currency would be inevitable.

Now, knowing the movers and the shakers in the G8, namely the Central Bankers of each of the nation states they 'represent', would you think they should be empowered to contrive the mechanism, method, and policy surrounding its implementation? These are consummate profiteers with an elitist sense of entitlement and self-worth. Their management of the global financial landscape has been felt far and wide.

I for one, believe that part of the process of developing a new economic framework should most definitely NOT go to the very same ideologists who have brought us to these crossroads. I for one, will not have these people decide for me how things are going to be.

But I assure you, because of the corrupted economic shenanigans that are in play now, they will undertake to devise this plan behind closed doors, and with undisclosed caveats provisos and addenda.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I agree, all banking organizations are corrupt (because money corrupts the weak), especially if you consider the facts and the differences between the rich and poor.

But who else is there to do this task? Sacrifice has to be made for progress, and it is now time for the people to trust a corrupt system to give the people what they need. At least with a world currency every single person will have the same economic standards, not standards based on how strong or weak their national currency is.

On top of that, if people have a problem with how this implementation is being held, then it will be bankers vs the world. I don't know about you, but I wouldn't mind raging a war against the rich and global elite

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

I must confess, the thought had crossed my mind....

new topics

top topics

join