It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So many unskilled immigrants...how ???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Not sure in what forum to post this, please move if needed...

My question...

How do they do it ?

There are hundreds of thousands of unskilled immigrants living in NYC alone, they are better known as the taxi drivers or convenience store workers...some are even more successful and have their own businesses etc.

But how ?

I mean look, i would love to be able to move to New York City...

But the fact is simple....i can't...

I am a IT professional, loads of experience, I have qualifications,,,but according to those skill tests i am not skilled enough to receive a work visa, nevermind a greencard...

So I CANT legally enter the united states to live and work there...

how do these immigrants do it,,,is there some other way i am not aware of, or are they just illegal ??

What gives ??

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:38 AM
link   
What gives? Just my opinion...

The illegals are just that. Illegal. Using their limited knowledge and lack of skills to do whatever they can to survive. Some, make a decent amount of money and are very successful. Our gov't is set up to help anyone who gets onto our shores. They can get Social Security before most US citizens can even get it. They can get medical attention before most, etc, etc. They want these workers to come in and take our jobs. Its cheaper. Yet, they never become citizens. Go figure...

[edit on 7-9-2009 by havok]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
We have the same issue here in Australia. Colin Edwards Jr, the SBK World Champion (World SuperBike) and Moto GP Rider wanted to become an Australian citizen (he even bought land and property here) because majority of his family are Aussies.... yet immigration turned him down flat. This is a guy that earns millions a year and is world renowned. Yet we take hundreds of unskilled people from many other countries every week, (not including those on humanitarian grounds).

Go figure!

IRM

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:41 AM
link   
This is exactly what riles me up. You are the kind of immigrant that we need in America, we need people like you and not endless hordes of illiterate peasants from Senegal or Guatemala that do nothing to help America and end up sending almost all their income back to whatever craphole they came from.

See, in 1965 we changed the immigration system from a controlled number (about 300,000 per year), one had meet all sorts of medical tests and English competency and have a certain level of education to one where we opened the flood gates to any and all. This charge was of course led by one Ted Kennedy. In 2006, we let in almost a million people - almost all from 3rd world nations.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:09 PM
link   
So what do you reckon would happen if I decided to fly over there on a holiday visa as a 26 year old white male, qualified, experienced and I just became an illegal and never left..

Do you think I would get a job, and be able to get an apartment, a bank account, social security etc. ?

Or is that still only reserved for minority illegals and not white illegals from other western first world nations ?

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SkitzoFrenic

Well, try it. All I can tell you. You can't say you failed, unless you tried.

I think the minority illegals only take the construction, labor and sewage jobs. No taxes; under-the-table money.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Did they tell you why you "weren't skilled enough"? Are you able to ask what you need to do to qualify? I worked in human resources at a bank for a number of years, if the applicant had any permit for working in the U.S. that was a green light to hire. I'd be surprised if other businesses operated differently.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by saint4God]

top topics

join