It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of the all-seeing-eye and other things

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I guess this is my first post in ATS after a long lurking season. This what I�m going to write is not a fact, I is a theory which came to my mind a few days ago while I was trying sleep. I would like to hear you opinion. Well, to make long short I�ll start.

In 4500BC around black sea was living a great nation, one of the few that will change the world. In comparison to others they were more military more advanced. In their religious and every-day life symbol of mountain played very important role.www.verbix.com..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>
Nonetheless they split. Several branches moved to all over the Europe and also to Asia.

Well and here starts surprises.

Egyptians built pyramids (in the image above it isn�t showed that they had moved to Egypt, but it would be more than strange if they wouldn�t influence Egyptians). From there comes well known all-seeing-Eye or so called God�s eye.

Next one, where did Greek gods lived? In the mountain is the answer.

Many nations have a legend about world tree. For example Scandinavian Igdrasil. I believe it is the same mountain.

Ancient Baltic signs. E.g. sign of the god �

There are many more examples, but I guess it�s enough with this. So, any thoughts?
P.S.
I�m not sure if this post fits in this section, oh well, I guess the moderators will move it to proper place.

[Edited on 14-5-2004 by Agnis]

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agnis
In 4500BC around black sea was living a great nation, one of the few that will change the world.

What civilization are you referring to? (PIE(Proto Indo European)?) Please elaborate on how they changed the world.

Egyptians built pyramids (in the image above it isn�t showed that they had moved to Egypt, but it would be more than strange if they wouldn�t influence Egyptians). From there comes well known all-seeing-Eye or so called God�s eye.

You aren't presenting any evidence to support the most crucial factor in your theory. The supposed migration of primitive indo european nomadic tribes into egypt, you just cant a assume they not only attempted but actually made it. Why would it be strange if they didn't influence the egyptians? What evidence do you have that they did? Mass transcontinenal migration of a populace and their ideas as history and archeology tell it takes thousands of years. Additionally the cultural and technological development of a group does as well, the enigma being of course ancient egypt which seems to have appeared fully formed and advanced. How do you propose these groups migrated that distance while developing their technology and culture to the degree in which they had some sort of influence (you illude influence on the pyramids and eye of her) on the ancient egyptians? The greeks attempted to gain access to Egypt in order to study under the Egyptians but were prohibited for over 400 years because they were viewed by the Egyptians as uncivilized savages. I doub't that the PIE would have been received any differently. Further more you must realize that there are two egyptian kingdoms, Upper and Lower Egypt. Lower Egypt was conquered and brought under one rule by Menes the king of upper egypt around 3,100 B.C. and the country was unified, this is the contemporary and accepted historical start point for the begining of the egyptian kingdom. However there is much speculation and evidence that supports the egyptian kingdom being much older. The Egyptian myths themselves illude to this, claiming that civilization was brought to them over 40,000 years ago by "Thoth the Atlantean", or Djehuti (tehuti, hermes, etc.)

The eye of Heru or the all seeing eye has nothing to do with the pyramids, they are two drastically seperate things, representing different ideas and serving different purposes. Further more the eye of heru existed long before the large pyramids in lower egypt were built. Additionally there are hundreds of small pyramids scattered all over ethiopia, and as we know the egyptians we're not the only ones to build them.

Next one, where did Greek gods lived? In the mountain is the answer.

Many ancient cultures associated their diety or dieties with the mountains or claimed that they lived/came down from there. This is simply because mountains are the closet landmasses to the sky and the sun.

Many nations have a legend about world tree. For example Scandinavian Igdrasil. I believe it is the same mountain.

How does the world tree=a mountain?

Ancient Baltic signs. E.g. sign of the god �

These symbols are not unique to the baltics. They like many others such as the cross, swastika, star of david etc. are found all over the globe in use by many different ancient cultures and having different meanings.

Sorry man, but I think your theory is way off.

posted on May, 14 2004 @ 12:58 PM
link   
First of all don�t blame me and don�t take this too serious.

What civilization are you referring to? (PIE(Proto Indo European)?) Please elaborate on how they changed the world.

Yes, I am referring to Proto-indo-Europeans. As you should now there were 3 main �nations� that changed the world Indo-Europeans, Finno-Ugrs and Semites. Have you ever notice linguistical similarities among several nations. That is because all these languages come form one single nation. How they changed the world? Has an England made any influence on USA? Yes, it has. Read about how America was colonized and then think a bit if you can find anything in USA that is comes from the England. Language is good start.

You aren't presenting any evidence to support the most crucial factor in your theory.

Who do you think I am? Archeologist?

The supposed migration of primitive indo european nomadic tribes...

What makes them primitive and what makes you supreme?

...into egypt, you just cant a assume they not only attempted but actually made it.

I would be very cautious with that. Semites were near by.

Why would it be strange if they didn't influence the egyptians?

It is not strange.

What evidence do you have that they did?

No evidence, I told you this is only a theory.

Mass transcontinenal migration of a populace and their ideas as history and archeology tell it takes thousands of years.

Sure and barbarians migrated many thousands of years to destroy Rome? No.

Additionally the cultural and technological development of a group does as well, the enigma being of course ancient egypt which seems to have appeared fully formed and advanced. How do you propose these groups migrated that distance while developing their technology and culture to the degree in which they had some sort of influence (you illude influence on the pyramids and eye of her) on the ancient egyptians? The greeks attempted to gain access to Egypt in order to study under the Egyptians but were prohibited for over 400 years because they were viewed by the Egyptians as uncivilized savages. I doub't that the PIE would have been received any differently. Further more you must realize that there are two egyptian kingdoms, Upper and Lower Egypt. Lower Egypt was conquered and brought under one rule by Menes the king of upper egypt around 3,100 B.C. and the country was unified, this is the contemporary and accepted historical start point for the begining of the egyptian kingdom. However there is much speculation and evidence that supports the egyptian kingdom being much older. The Egyptian myths themselves illude to this, claiming that civilization was brought to them over 40,000 years ago by "Thoth the Atlantean", or Djehuti (tehuti, hermes, etc.)

The eye of Heru or the all seeing eye has nothing to do with the pyramids, they are two drastically seperate things, representing different ideas and serving different purposes. Further more the eye of heru existed long before the large pyramids in lower egypt were built. Additionally there are hundreds of small pyramids scattered all over ethiopia, and as we know the egyptians we're not the only ones to build them.

You are mostly talking about events that occurred many years later.

Many ancient cultures associated their diety or dieties with the mountains or claimed that they lived/came down from there. This is simply because mountains are the closet landmasses to the sky and the sun.

Not all, some worship sea gods, some underworld, some stars etc.

How does the world tree=a mountain?

Mountain transformed into tree. Example? Well, events become myths with completely rewritten story line.

These symbols are not unique to the baltics. They like many others such as the cross, swastika, star of david etc. are found all over the globe in use by many different ancient cultures and having different meanings.

Of course they are not. I guess with the information above I have answered to this.

Sorry man, but I think your theory is way off.

I know
But what else should I do in this boring Friday. Btw, I presume this post is better than many others which start like �I have a theory that Jesus is an alien. What do you think�?�

join