It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if a Vampyre bites a pregnant woman?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
What happens if a Vampyre bites a pregnant woman?

1) Does the woman stay pregnant forever and never gives bith?

2) Does the fetus become a vampyre?

3) Is the baby born a vampyre and remains a baby forever?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:25 PM
link   
It will have the same result if a zombie bites a pregnant woman...

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:28 PM
link   
the baby would die in the womb, i'm figuring because vampire's are DEAD. Hence why they need to drink blood. But then again they are not real so who knows? lol

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by mabus325

Look at the movie blade.

It explains that you can have a human/vamp hybrid...

plus its fantasy...

Does this even belong in ATS?

This should be in BTS.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I would feel sorry for the vampyre, as a pregnant woman would most likely turn around and knock his fangs out preventing him from ever biting again

you don't mess with or attempt to byte pregnant women if you value your undead existence

oh and the baby would come out as a vampyre hunter
just check out the movie Blade

edit to add

[edit on 6/9/2009 by Pappa_Bear]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   

it turns into the devil with a smiley face.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
If the mother dies the baby dies. Dead things cannot grow nor would the vampire mother's body recognize that anything was wrong and would continue to carry its corpse. Even if it were born it would be in a state of ignorance and helplessness...might last the first night but not the first day. Never see vampires with a suntan.

posted on Mar, 22 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
maybe i'm not up on my vampire stuff, but presumably the idea is the pregnant woman is bitten by a vampire and will become a vampire herself, then i would imagine the baby would be born a vampire as well. though perhaps it would depend on the point in the pregnancy in which she is bitten (earlier on would have more effect on the baby than if she was bitten in the morning and delivered in the afternoon).

if she wasn't going to become a vampire and would only be a donor, then i would suspect there would be a degree of trauma to her body that would kill the baby.

interesting idea.

posted on Mar, 30 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Depends on the mythology you go with really. Different vampire mythologies treat it differently.

Even in the Blade mythology, in most cases, the baby would die. Blade was simply the one in a million type example....the fluke survivor hybrid.

If it was more reliable, then the vamps would have had stables of men and women, impregnated the women, they turned them, to create Daywalkers. Wasn't that simple, as almost all, maybe even all, would die anyhow....so they looked for other ways.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
i like the Blade answer to this question. Pregnant woman gives birth to a human/vampire hybrid who then goes on to battle vampires.

A question of my own though... vampires are considered undead right? so... a human (alive) vampire (undead) hybrid would create a being classifiable as a...?

I can't get my head around it!

posted on Aug, 21 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
According to Twilight your half breed who grows at an acclerated rate.Oh wait, that was from actual breeding. I think the woman dies or turns into a vampire from the poison.

According to Blade you become a half breed vampire killer(from what I have heard, never seen the movie)

According to True Blood, I think they just bite you and it hurts a little. And it leads to more fun.

According to Nixie, pregnant women shouldnt' be hanging out wth vampires.

posted on Nov, 8 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Maybe not only the mom but also the baby will become a vampire ,this is my suspicious,i just wonder that whether do the vampires exist or not?

posted on Nov, 11 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
If vampires were "According to Twilight", we'd all be kept in pens by these gods....

(all of the strengths, without any of the weaknesses of a vampire?) Not much we could do to stop them.

"Sparkling" in sunlight isn't exactly an exploitable weakness....

It's funny how there are three successful series (True Blood, Vampire Diaries, and of course Twilight) that are all about a smart-mouthed mortal woman that likes to mouth off to creatures that could end her life in a second without even a thought....all because they got a little something something (Faerie blood, look like a past love, and good smelling blood, respectively). Amazing that any of these three characters would still be alive in their respective worlds.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
She would get rabies. Because the only vampires that exist are vampire bats. And most of them are carriers.

posted on Jan, 10 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
she'd get sent to the funny farm and the child put into care.
spelling vampire with a Y doesnt make it any less comical.

posted on Jan, 13 2011 @ 10:57 AM
link   
As I understand it:
If the Mommy dies, the baby probably dies as well.
If the Mommy lives, the baby lives.
If the Mommy becomes a Vampyre, the baby's fate depends on the series.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Easy question to answer.....

Blade

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/26c5c9b4d0ae.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 02:02 AM
link   
The vampire doesn't have to worry about getting the flu for a while ?

posted on Apr, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

i read one of those 30 days of night spin off novels, i think its "light of day". there is an ex germany nazi vampier that likes to rape women, they explain in the book that this is a taboo in vampire culture almost like beastiaity among humans. but one of his victims gets away and becomes pregnant. they do a good job with their take on the hole vampier offspring idea. guess the chick gets knocked up and the pregnancy lasts olny a week and the baby is born a blood sucker. the hole book there trying to protect this girl cause they wanna see what she will give birth too. its a good book all the 30 days of night novels are awsome

new topics

top topics

join