It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue beam coming down from the sky, camera glitch?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Hi,

I love taking pictures and while taking this one I was temporarily blinded and had to look away, maybe because I was taking pictures of the afternoon sun and beautiful cloud formations. There is a blue streak that comes out of the clouds and down to the ground. It was taken at one minute to five pm, I took many more but it only shows in this particular shot.

It could be just a camera glitch but Im not up on these things and would appreciate if someone could explain what this is and why it occured.

Here is the image, thanks for looking

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f87a948972b0.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Its interesting how the clouds seem to block it but at the ground level it almost would appear to have been shot directly at you. As far as "blue beam" goes I believe its supposed to be ground up. Neat photo though.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by WWJFKD
Its interesting how the clouds seem to block it but at the ground level it almost would appear to have been shot directly at you. As far as "blue beam" goes I believe its supposed to be ground up. Neat photo though.

Yes thats what I thought was pretty odd about it and it even appears to go behind the clouds in places?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
just a camera glitch because of the sun, i've had it happen a few times, the brightness overloads the cameras ccd, still looks mad though the best ones i get is where it makes the sun look like a black hole, lol.

edited to say the reason it seems to stop at the clouds is because thats where the sun is to bright for the camera, and it will seem to go behind the cloud because the clouds are lighter and more detailed than the sky and it manages to capture that part of the image, if that makes sense.

[edit on 6/9/09 by woogleuk]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
just a camera glitch because of the sun, i've had it happen a few times, the brightness overloads the cameras ccd, still looks mad though the best ones i get is where it makes the sun look like a black hole, lol.

edited to say the reason it seems to stop at the clouds is because thats where the sun is to bright for the camera

[edit on 6/9/09 by woogleuk]

Ok, I thought this might be the case but just wasnt sure.

Thanks for replying.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Now thats Project Blue Beam! How bizarre! You have the most interesting things pop up for youin your cameras. I dont know if this can be solved but that the clouds play with the beam is curious indeed.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
yeh, PBB's about holograms. www.dragonlasers.com...

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by antar
Now thats Project Blue Beam! How bizarre! You have the most interesting things pop up for youin your cameras. I dont know if this can be solved but that the clouds play with the beam is curious indeed.

Lol, I do dont I!

I always use my phone to take pictures, maybe there is something wrong with the camera? I took many of the sun that day and this wasnt in those shots.

Think Im definately gonna purchase a new camera soon

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by thaknobodi
yeh, PBB's about holograms. www.dragonlasers.com...

Now I want one of those, how cool are they!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Beauty_HairyBeast

It was a camera problem if it wasnt that blue beam would have landed at your feet it goes all the way to the bottom of the picture. And we probably wouldnt be hearing from you.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by dragonridr

It was a camera problem if it wasnt that blue beam would have landed at your feet it goes all the way to the bottom of the picture. And we probably wouldnt be hearing from you.

Lol, good point although I never did check for missing time

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Yep the camera musta have a glitch. I happen to have a glitch like yours.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
Yep the camera musta have a glitch. I happen to have a glitch like yours.

Oh please show us your glitch

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Just last night my daughter and her boyfriend told me that they saw a blue beam come down from the sky. It flashed behind them as they were driving, but still lit up the inside of the car... and reflected brightly in the rearview mirror.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:56 PM
link   
well beauty hairy beast Um I don't have the picture anymore but the color in my glitch is red

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by yankeerose
Just last night my daughter and her boyfriend told me that they saw a blue beam come down from the sky. It flashed behind them as they were driving, but still lit up the inside of the car... and reflected brightly in the rearview mirror.

Very interesting, perhaps you could show them my picture and see if it looks anything like what they saw. I took this picture on the 2nd august so its fairly recent.

Thanks for sharing that.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Beauty_HairyBeast]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by starwarsisreal
well beauty hairy beast Um I don't have the picture anymore but the color in my glitch is red

Aww thats a shame, oh well.
Ive looked for similar pictures on the net but cant find any that looks like mine - will keep looking though

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
omg we are gunna die :p

its just a cam prob and if you look close the beam does not go behind the clouds
hue changes

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   

I showed them your picture. They said theirs was like that, but it was at an 75' angle. It was also nighttime on an unlit country road.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by yankeerose]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Yes its a photo glitch alright.Beam me up scotty.

<<   2 >>

join