It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conversations in Dreams

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 08:04 PM
link   
Weird, same thing has been happening to me.

I remember talking to people for what seems like hours in dreams, but I can't remember them consciously.

I've been given some tips to remembering lately. As soon as you have a dream, don't move. As soon as you start moving your body, you start forgetting. Lay still and repeat the dream in your head a few times over and over. Then quickly get up and write it down immediately.

Might be difficult with long conversations however. But it would be nice to remember at least some of it.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:21 PM
link   
This happens to me almost every time i have a lucid dream. And that's so frequently.
I use to "fly" and talk with my beloved ones and also with some people I'd like to meet in this realm too and i can't do it yet (writers, etc), and give them some gifts like flowers or fruits that I've collected here and there, in a way of thank what they have done on my life even without knowing me hahaha.
I love doing that, really. I remember clearly a very interesting conversation with Ray Bradbury, both sat in a very high branch of a tree, eating some apples I gather for him, where we talked about his Mars thoughts when making "Martian Chronicles".

I thank God for having this naturally tendency to lucid dreams, it's really a nice gift.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Caggy]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
Thanks for all your replies, it is good that it is something many are experiencing. I nearly didnt post the thread as I thought people might say I was going crazy and hearing voices in my head.

I think it is just one more thing in the step to awarness that we are infact multi dimensional beings who are not only able to travel to other realities but also actually meet there and have conversations. These conversations can be with friends, people who we dont know or even relatives in other dimensions to our own. In the end I think no matter what dimension/realm we are in they all are from the same source and we can once we become aware we can travel to these. Its pretty amazing really to realize this, just because its not the norm and accepted by science doesnt mean its not there.

I will remain cautious with this though as I am not very experienced at astral projection/OOBE but with intent this will change.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
I had a dream probably twenty years ago that I remember in great detail that I think is on topic.

My husband and I and our child, then about five, are staying in a hotel. We wake up in the middle of the night and our kid is gone. We panic, and begin searching throughout this enormous old place. In true dreamlike fashion, we discover that the far end of the hotel is a museum. Deep in the museum we find our boy in bed in one of the antique beds, under tattered covers. Now that I've had a bit of experience with lucid dreaming, I realize that at least part of the dream was lucid. I can still recall the look and texture of the tattered bedspread that I pulled back to get him out of bed.

Then I look up, and above us, in open balconies around the room, are all these people. Abruptly, I leave my husband and child and go up there to talk to them. I know all of them, they are good friends. I sit down at one of the many little round tables. Below us, my husband and child remain (I think I was still down there too). These friends and I have a conversation about my inability to get my head straight, kind of shaking our heads in disbelief at my youngness, my tendency to leap before I look, etc. This part of the dream is filled with a sense of belonging, of comfortableness, of relief and gladness to be speaking to them.

Through the years I have had scattered dreams of the same nature, that at same point segue into my conversation with other people (always women) who are acting as mentors to me. In fact, in the last dream, the woman I was talking to actually changed throughout our conversation into a variety of three older women who have acted as mentors to me in my life.

To summarize, I've come to believe that we lead dual lives, here and somewhere else, and we regularly go back to the other place for support, information, advice, etc. The more we are aware of our dreams and can develop lucid dreaming, OOBE, etc., the more we can become consciously aware of what this other state of being is trying to tell us.

posted on Sep, 12 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
Next time your talking to someone in a dream state or out of body experience give them your email or telephone number and tell them to call or email you. See if that works.

You know I think I might just do that, what better way to confirm it was an actual conversation
That would be amazing if that really worked. ive had conversations where numbers and words were given to me. Once a strange looking person (didnt really look human to be honest) gave me some roman numerals but all i remember was the XX some II's and actual numbers like 10 or 11
That was a very odd conversation and one I still remember vividly. They told me and showed me this number and it was very clear, I can still see their face now telling me...but I cant remember the whole roman numeral.
They had so much energy around them and within it was difficult being in their presence for too long even if it was in a dream.

[edit on 12-9-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 12:56 AM
link   
op I keep a pen and note pad on my night stand next to my bed.

write down every detail about your dream before it evaporates from your memory, and don't forget the time and date.

I have been doing this for years now and I'm convinced that our consciousness travels to our other selves in other dimensions and/or realities.

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Stevo_Devo

I used to keep a "dream journal" some years ago. Then I started to write key phrases or important lines that someone said on the dream. Now i don't do it if it's not necessary, but since i draw a lot thanks to my career, almost every time I'm working my sketchbook stays on my bed when i go to sleep.

As an example, some months ago i dreamed with a jewel. And about me giving it to a guy i don't have meet yet in this realm. I woke up when he was receiving it, very happy, with a big smile in his face. I took the sketchbook, a random pencil that was near and drafted the schematics of that quartz and silver pendant in a high rush (i haven't opened my eyes completely yet)... the weird thing is that all the instructions are in english! and not in my usual rusty english, i used words i don't knew and i needed to use a dictionary to translate them later. In big letters i wrote: "you must do this jewel and give it to a certain person you'll recognize when the time comes"
I'm so doing that jewel when i take the jewelry lessons after finishing my main career (it was on my plans time before that). I don't lose anything if doing it, isn't it? hehehe.

EDIT: sp and redaction... T_T

[edit on 13-9-2009 by Caggy]

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stevo_Devo
op I keep a pen and note pad on my night stand next to my bed.

write down every detail about your dream before it evaporates from your memory, and don't forget the time and date.

SO many people say to do this. I do have a book I write things down in but not at the time, I do it the next morning when I wake up...Im worried about waking my husband up with flash lights and writings. Im sure Id start to annoy him if I did this every time I had a conversation in a dream. Any advice?

posted on Sep, 13 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Mr Green

the lamp on my night stand has a dimmer switch.

i set it to a very low setting just enough to see what I'm writing and i leave it on all night so as not to wake my wife up.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Ive had plenty of similar experiences while I dream. Most of the time when I wake up I will not remember what all happend but I may remember some parts but very vauge.

When Im talking to someone and the same conversation I had in the dream is happening at that moment, I begin to have deja vu and can almost clearly recall what they are about to say before they say it. Sometimes tho, I wont get the deja vu feeling or any feeling at all until later on and then I remember the dream and that conversation.

I do not know of any substantial meaning for this or any reason other than the dream may be a possible image of the future. There could be more to it but I cannot say for sure about anything yet.

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

When Im talking to someone and the same conversation I had in the dream is happening at that moment, I begin to have deja vu and can almost clearly recall what they are about to say before they say it. Sometimes tho, I wont get the deja vu feeling or any feeling at all until later on and then I remember the dream and that conversation.

I think the deja vu feeling is maybe because these conversations are done not of time. What I mean is we are experiencing them on another reality/plane maybe that is not of this "time frame". I think maybe we have awarness on all planes of existance that are running at the same "time" as this one and the awarness we recieve in these conversations then is filtered up or down,(all planes are on the same "time frame" only they are all stacked above and below each other) so the conversation may be about something thats already happened and is sending us information on it...or it is about something that is about to happen and is showing us ways of either altering it or at least becoming aware of it...hence the deja vu???

Well thats what may be happening, hope I put that across as I understand it. All levels of our awarness on all realities are constantly sending us information/conversations to the other realities to aid our path. The information we learn here is probably passed on too. Its deja vu because we have experienced it before maybe????

Last night I was shown 7 or 8 objects very clearly. They were crisp images like on a computer screen. they glowed all the colours of the rainbow but even though they were crystal clear and I had the awarness to actually see them and look at them, I could not make out what they were meant to be. One was maybe a butterfly but the rest I did not recognize. They were amazing to watch and very very vivid. each one would come closer sparkle then disappear only for the next one to come closer, sparkle and disappear until all had done this and gone.

No words were spoken but Im sure it was still a message of some sort.

EDIT Stevo_Devo says it quite well above in his post

I have been doing this for years now and I'm convinced that our consciousness travels to our other selves in other dimensions and/or realities.

[edit on 14-9-2009 by Mr Green]

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   

I understand what you are saying. These could very well be "signs" of some sort from a parallel reality. The thing I really want to know is, what do they mean? Is it part of a bigger picture, giving us little bits of info along the way?

posted on Sep, 14 2009 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

I understand what you are saying. These could very well be "signs" of some sort from a parallel reality. The thing I really want to know is, what do they mean? Is it part of a bigger picture, giving us little bits of info along the way?

I recently read that there are many dimensions on which we have a reality/presence and that "time" is an illusion. These realities are all happening at the same time and a part of us in on each of them. The book Conversations with God described reality like as a pile of say 15 sheets of paper all on top of each other in a "vertical time point" with no linear time. Each sheet of paper represents a dimension below or above the other, but all are at the one vertical time point. This is why we see ourself doing things we may have already done or being given awarness on what is to come. I do think this may be why its so important to look within for answers, really try to understand our dreams and what message they are trying to get across.

The meaning to all this is maybe to have many experiences to aid our path back to the source? Our self is constantly guiding us in what to do and what not to do based on its experiences within its reality.

All experiences I believe are to guide us back to the source. All these realities and dimensions are to help us remember who we are and how to get back. Is this not the constant ache of every soul..to return to the one? I know it is mine.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Im guessing someone might have said this.

But my thought of dream convo's is, you and another person kinda link up dreams, it sounds silly, but Ive had a few dreams where I talk to or see another person, and their friendlier the next day.

Im new.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I dont know if this is the same thing but I have had a couple instances where I have had conversations with my husband while we were both sleeping, one of which we both remember.
We both remember having a conversation where he told me about something that had happened to him that day, but when we looked back on it, we realized this conversation had not taken place because both of us were away at work all evening and when I returned home, he was already sleeping. So I quietly went to bed beside him, but when we woke up we both had this memory of a conversation. It was very strange and it bothered me for a while but I figured its just "one of those things" (we have had a very strong connection since even before we met)
Another time I was sleeping but I clearly remember waking up and sitting up, half way out of my body, leaning on my elbow, and having a conversation with him while he was still asleep. I saw myself sleeping on the bed just under me, and I saw him just beside me. We chatted about nothing in particular so far as I can remember, then I decided I should get "back to bed", and lay back down in my body. When I woke up that morning I remembered it vividly, but he said he had no recollection. Its too bad, I had really hoped he saw me- so its difficult to determine what is dream and what could possibly be more.

posted on Oct, 22 2009 @ 10:24 AM
link   
I'm new...but I was searching about conversations in dreams because ever since right before my dad died in 2004 I've been having more vivid dreams. In fact, the week before he died (he had cancer) I had a dream about my mom calling me to tell me he'd passed away the night before. Everything in that dream happened the next week. She called me and I was doing exactly what I was doing in the dream when she called, she told me the same thing as she had in my dream and it took my husband the exact amount of time to get home after I called him. It was a little creepy, but once I was a little less in shock and little less depressed he would visit me in my dreams and we had conversations of all the things he wanted to tell me while he was sick, but couldn't and also to let me know he was alright. He wouldnt tell me where he was even though I asked him several times he would just tell me that he was happy and would ask me where I thought he was. I had at least 6 or 7 of these dreams. I talked to my mom about them but she just wrote them off. The last dream I had I asked him to visit my mom and my brother and he neither confirmed nor denied that he would go speak with them but knowing them I don't think they're very open to accepting him in anyway. I miss him a lot and I wish I knew how to get in touch with him again.

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Yes i have conversations in my dreams all the time mostly about pizza,broccoli,hats,elderly,pigeons,cow,bungalows,aberaham lincoln,elvis,old peoples homes, carrots,peas,portaloos and much more ....
i think the reason for this is probably that my dreams are trying to tell me that i am the ruler of planet earth.
agree??
kineeki

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have a few hang ups when I speak. I'm not a good conversationalist at all. Most of the time during my waking hours I prefer not to speak if I don't have to. But when I dream, I can have the most fluent and intelligent conversations. The words just flow off my tongue and people listen to me.

go figure!

posted on Nov, 5 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I had a dream the other night where I was talking to JFK and he told me I was his son... amazingly vague as i havent seen anything about JFK in recent memory as well as off the wall since i wasnt even close to being born when he was alive.

posted on Dec, 27 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   
This is kind of odd, but in the past few months Ive had in some dream state actual "phone conversations"
I actual hear a phone ring and as I pick up the reciever I hear a voice speaking to me. Its like a voice through head phones sounds. Once although I didnt recognize the voice I knew who it was and we had a very long conversation ( that I totally forgot upon waking up). The other times Ive not known who it was but remember the conversation.

( I dont have a phone by my bed so Im not answering the phone in a dazed state)

Ive recently cut off ties with a person I was able to have astral conversations with, and when I did this I actually saw him and remember shouting at him and throwing a mobile phone at him. I think this shows the "phone" is a symbol maybe of astral verbal connections we can form and maybe the phone dial tone is manifested through our astral thoughts? Im not sure..but this does not explain the astral phone conversations with the people I dont recognize.

Like I say its a bit odd really.

[edit on 27-12-2009 by Mr Green]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join