It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it This Simple?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Ho'oponopono

Ho'oponopono is an Ancient Hawaiian practice of reconcilliation and forgiveness.
In the past this practice was put to use by bringing opposing sides together to ask eachother forgiveness for their actions. It is a powerful idea. I liken this idea to bringing the leaders of the Bloods and Cryps together and having them sit down and talk to one another simply with the idea of taking self-responsibility and asking the other side to forgive them.
Imagine how much difference that would make.

Dr. Hen Lew (in the above video) has brought this practice to the personal level and I think the implications are profound for all and especially for some of us here who allow ourselves to be caught up in such controversial subjects. It is as if we bring these stressors upon ourselves until at points they feel like they can consume us (at least for me, anyhow, this is true.)

The idea is to realize that everything in this Universe is running as a large data-set. Nothing more. Therefore, whatever problems you are encountering is actually a problem within yourself. IE, what is it within me that views the 9-11 attacks as a problem and how do I fix it? Answer, you erase it from within. How? Simple. Through love and forgiveness. And with a simple mantra, over and over I'm sorry, will you please forgive me. I love you and thank you

A stress free life is a peaceful life...

This is only a very rough-shot approach to this philosophy. I actually just come across this man's work and I am fascinated by the approach. It coincides with a series of other thoughts I share on these matters...

Anyhow, here are a couple of other links on it (including an exo-political link talking about alien abductions and how this technique can help someone having troubles in these regards).

en.wikipedia.org...'oponopono

www.examiner.com...

Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Thats very cool.

Let me play an act here so that you can expand on the idea and thus make other people with a different perspective of the world also interested.

Why should I ask for forgiveness if I'm always doing the right thing and am always thinking for the best of all although it may not be explicit on my behavior? I never really put myself first but then everyone just takes advantage of me. I don't really care, but I feel that its just wrong, that this way the ultimate justice that I praise so much is never being reached. Sometimes I get angry and act a little bit more aggressive then usual, but I still have the greater good in my head. So why should I ask for forgiveness at all? I feel that everyone else should ask for forgiveness, but they don't. How could asking for forgiveness help me?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Geladinhu

Because your problem is your perception of whatever it is that is upsetting you.
By asking for forgiveness within yourself and taking responsibility for the actions of others WITHIN yourself, you will have cleared any of your aggression and you will be in peace.

Also, your immediate surroundings will change accordingly allowing you to lead your life without being confronted by situations that bother you.

Thanks for the post.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I am not sure that I fully understand.

I can basically apologize on behalf of whatever is bothering me at the time?

I liken that to just "getting over it". It's an easy way to take your mind off things, but it doesn't solve whatever issues may still be at hand.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Agree2Disagree

From what I understand to apologize is to take responsibility for your own situation. We are not forgetting about it but acknowledging that we feel the way we do because of the way we behave, or in other words, that its never about the others.

It may not necessarily solve the issues instantaneously but it will put you in the right way to find the most efficient solutions.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   

It has a bunch to do with entanglement, I feel.
You see, as it is, things are the way they are. The only thing that makes a "thing" wrong is your perception of its reality.

When you take the approach of trying to remove the stress or fear within yourself of a certain situation, you actually become a proactive agent of change rather than just a random observer. At least within yourself. But, the question becomes "Does that change within myself change the way my data-set is constructed?"

The Doctor in the above video believes that it does and that is what I have been trying to figure out for myself.

Does my perception mold my reality?

Is that man really schizophrenic or is the problem within ME and how I view him?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Reply to post by JayinAR

It's an interesting concept I must admit.

I, however, find no use for it. I find myself in a very content place. I am pleased with living day to day and not knowing 99.9999% of the universes mysteries. I am content with being human and fallible.

I believe we get what we wish for...in terms of being "happy, stressed, content" etc etc. This doesn't mean that a kid with aids wished for it, it simply means that his perception of "being happy" is not limited to this world. It's all in his head so to speak.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR

IThe only thing that makes a "thing" wrong is your perception of its reality.

The Doctor in the above video believes that it does and that is what I have been trying to figure out for myself.

Does my perception mold my reality?

Jen, our "reality" is a sum total of our perception experience and exposure. My perception DEFINES my reality.

If you look at this data set construct, you will see that it is fairly unreliable, at best.

Our perception, specifically to human relations is always coloured by two strong drivers....emotions and WIIFM.

Experience is never universal. It is extremely personal and individualised.

I have been delving deep into the Vedas for sometime, and I have been completely blown away by what I have found. Its a treasure that everyone must "experience, get exposed to" and form their own conclusions. Will post more in a subsequent thread.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Charismagic

Dude, why do you keep calling me "Jen?"

Is it on my profile somewhere?
Jen is my wife, Jay is my name.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Thanks for this post.

I can attest that forgiveness has worked miracles for me.

After a 12 year relationship went sour, I held some serious grudges, but never talked about it or hashed it out. I simply packed up and left the town I was in and everyone I knew, and never looked back.

I was bitter and jaded and nothing went right for me, the worst luck. 3 years of anger and resentment, and finally I just let it all go. I made the call, said and meant the forgiveness words, and since then everything has been so positive.

I don't even know what I was so angry about, everything that happened was actually better for me, and took me places I only dreamed about, I just didn't realize it until I forgave and let go.

Thanks

[edit on 6-9-2009 by helpmefindtheway]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by helpmefindtheway

No problem!
I found this just today and was blown away by it.
Just the idea has already helped me achieve a bit of inner peace that I lacked before finding the film and info.

With some more practical application I should hope to be a much more calm individual.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   
The original and ancient practice of Ho'oponopono is somewhat different than the americanized, new-age-ized, repackaged version of it going around. Using this as a gadget or a "technique" or a tool to "get rid of stuff" will not suffice. Authentic love will.

Some idiots are actually out marketing and selling this as "the key to unlocking the secret" and "the secret of becoming a millionaire" and similar such stuff, without having a clue of the background and depth of it.

Of course, if done mindfully, it can be profound.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

What do you mean by that "Idiots selling this as a secret?"

Like the book ZeroLimits? From what I've seen Hew Len seems a pretty reasonable guy. Maybe I am overlooking his con.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by JayinAR
Like the book ZeroLimits? From what I've seen Hew Len seems a pretty reasonable guy. Maybe I am overlooking his con.

HewLen is fine. But look at what people like Joe Vitale or Tad James make out of it. "The final key to the secret" "Just repeat it often enough and you´ll be enlightened"

The thing that gets me angry is taking something sacred and making a marketing gimmick out of it.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

Oh, I would agree there. I haven't seen any said marketing gimmicks. I'm pretty new to the info.

I think the philosophy is pretty intriguing. I'm not sure if what I posted to the forum is what you considered the "Americanized" version or not, but it is very interesting just the same. At least in my eyes.

The Hawaiians have such an amazing culture!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

What you posted is something in-between I guess. Im not criticizing it, just needed to add whats being made out of it in some circles. Huna is great. The method you posted is effective if applied with sincerity. But I guess that goes for most spiritual methods.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Skyfloating]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Sounds like a reasonable out look, and way of life. The problem I see is in this World there are external factors which present themselves into the equation.

Bloods, and the cryps??? Case in Point; which expands beyond them. It's money. Fighting literally over the action on the streets, and businesses.

Prostitution
drugs
etc.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

Yeah, I see what you're saying.
I was just using the two sides as an example.
In this case, those two entities would be required to actually take responsibility for their own actions as applied to another and acknowledge how their actions reflect upon themselves.

It is a bad analogy as I believe this would be a way of life for a person and as such nobody would be interested in such a scumbag approach to life (prostitution, drugs, etc.)...

I was just giving some background as to how this was applied in the old days.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Ah, yes, I can see what, and how this can be applied to the "self". I think that would be where it is appropriate for healing, good life, and in long term health.

However, anyone not personally seeking it out would never find, or receive guidance from it.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sanchoearlyjones

No, of course not.
People would much rather find an outlet for their frustrations without looking in a mirror.
In fact, I would assume many would be opposed directly to such an approach.

top topics

join