It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mad axe scotsman saying Hello

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Hello I thought it was about time to introduce myself and say something about myself and why I am here.

Firstly I am a forty two year old man, married with two daughters aged thirteen and twenty. I live in Edinburgh. I can trace my heritage back one of the most famous Scottish clans whoes name is synonymous with railing against authority. We were also known for making sheep extremely nervous but enough about those wicked and totally unfounded lies (circles floor with foot).

I have been a lurker for a few years and I thought it about time to finaly register and start to try and find answers to many questions I have in regard to the UFO phenomena and also the workings behind the Military Industrial Complex of which I firmly believe is real, and possibly even related.

My background is British military and I served in the Royal Corp of signals but I was medically discharged due to serious injuries sustained that had me spending nearly two years in the Quean Elizabeth hospital in Woolwich London. I had deep rooted post traumatic stress disorder and the residual effect has been a obsessive compulsive disorder in the present. I manage to deal with this without prescribed drugs now thanks to regular physical exercise.

It would be accurate to say that my military heritage is strong. Sadly I have had a family member fight and sometimes die in every conflict going right back to the boar war. Most recent loss being my Uncle in Northern Ireland back in the nineteen seventies, killed by a sniper as he led a patrol with the Royal Green Jackets.

Part of my therapy to full recovery was health and fitness. I took this on board to such an extent that I am pretty much fanatical about muscular strength and cardio vascular stamina and this great thing has given me the will to pick myself off and dust myself off so my life is as good now as it ever was before I was injured. This is a great example of how an obsessive compulsive disorder can be channelled to the positive.

These days, living back in my beloved Scotland, I work in IT, charity work and I also do a lot of art. I love the great outdoors and enjoy nothing more than to pack up my car and head out to the Scottish highlands for days at a time to walk and hike until my body aches. Sometimes my youngest comes with me and then we just chill out in the Cairn Gorms region and beyond. The skies are dark and pollution free up there and perfect for star gazing which is another one of my hobbies as I love Astronomy.

On one occasion I have seen two UFO’s and they were not something that I could identify and in searching for more information to what I had experienced I found this site.

I am looking forward to having some great conversations with the like minded people here and it is great to see such a well moderated forum in such an in-depth domain. Such a rarity these days.

Thank you for reading, and take care.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Welcome!

You sound like an interesting person and I look forward to hearing some more of your views and experiences.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Hello mate. Hope your continued recovery is Certa Cito.

Welcome to ATS.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Hello and welcome to the madness that is ATS...I'm in the Highlands, and it's a fine place to be. Look forward to reading more of your posts on the boards. That was a great intro btw.

Cait x

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Thank you for the great welcome and sincerely that was a great feeling to read such a welcome... Thank you.

I will be here posting for a very long time, This is the best site out there and have a good one (or three)

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Hello and welcome.

You sound like a very good and strong willed person.

I was knocked to the ground about 6 weeks ago and given a death sentence or medical alternatives.

I immediately started working not only on my body but my attitude also.
As soon as my arm is healed from surgery for dialysis I am going back to the gym as hard as I can push myself.

I admire you for not giving up when it is sometimes much easier to just stop trying.

May you have many enjoyable discussions and keep those spirits up.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Ranger's or Celtic........Mister Scott man?..................

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Welcome!

We share a common professional background.

This is a great place to hang around, although I sometimes feel that ATS should hang a board saying " suspend belief ye all those who enter here!"

Have fun!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS.

I'm a fellow IT professional born and raised in Northern Ontario Canada, but heading for my very first trip overseas to..Edinburgh! Can't wait.

Glad to have you here, fire up your BS detector, put your tinfoil hat on, charge your disinfo filters and join the fun!

It's great here, you'll love it.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeJaguar67

Welcome friend, seems you fill in quite well here with the rest of us misfits

Enjoy your stay, if you need anything feel free to ask.

~Keeper

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:04 PM
link   
welcome to ats! enjoy your stay

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   
huggs!!!!!

great to meet you!!!!!!

and awsome background also!!!!!!!!

huggssssssssssssss

posted on Nov, 4 2009 @ 11:48 PM
link