It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why not sanctions for Israel?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
reply to post by batvette

that the current society residing in Israel be wiped off the map.

Is this lie still roaming around people's heads? ZZZ this is so sad, they said the current regime not the current society. The Zionist regime, get it? So many people are mis-informed that it is practically useless to try to fix any thing in today's current world. Truly the only solution is in hands of the leaders who are mostly colonies of empires such as US, Russia etc.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
interestingly enough UN resolution 3379 stated that Zionism is a form of racism....

3379 (XXX). Elimination of all forms of racial discrimination

The General Assembly,

Recalling its resolution 1904 (XVIII) of 20 November 1963, proclaiming the United Nations Declaration on the Elimination of All Forms of Racial Discrimination, and in particular its affirmation that "any doctrine of racial differentiation or superiority is scientifically false, morally condemnable, socially unjust and dangerous" and its expression of alarm at "the manifestations of racial discrimination still in evidence in some areas in the world, some of which are imposed by certain Governments by means of legislative, administrative or other measures",

Recalling also that, in its resolution 3151 G (XXVIII) of 14 December 1973, the General Assembly condemned, inter alia, the unholy alliance between South African racism and zionism,

Taking note of the Declaration of Mexico on the Equality of Women and Their Contribution to Development and Peace 1975, proclaimed by the World Conference of the International Women's Year, held at Mexico City from 19 June to 2 July 1975, which promulgated the principle that "international co-operation and peace require the achievement of national liberation and independence, the elimination of colonialism and neo-colonialism, foreign occupation, zionism, apartheid and racial discrimination in all its forms, as well as the recognition of the dignity of peoples and their right to self-determination",

Taking note also of resolution 77 (XII) adopted by the Assembly of Heads of State and Government of the Organization of African Unity at its twelfth ordinary session, held at Kampala from 28 July to 1 August 1975, which considered "that the racist regime in occupied Palestine and the racist regime in Zimbabwe and South Africa have a common imperialist origin, forming a whole and having the same racist structure and being organically linked in their policy aimed at repression of the dignity and integrity of the human being",

Taking note also of the Political Declaration and Strategy to Strengthen International Peace and Security and to Intensify Solidarity and Mutual Assistance among Non-Aligned Countries, adopted at the Conference of Ministers for Foreign Affairs of Non-Aligned Countries held at Lima from 25 to 30 August 1975, which most severely condemned zionism as a threat to world peace and security and called upon all countries to oppose this racist and imperalist ideology,

Determines that Zionism is a form of racism and racial discrimination.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I am surprised no one mentioned that the US vetoed every single UN sanction against Israel.
Gotta love lobbyism

[edit on 7-9-2009 by TheOracle]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 05:43 AM
link   
I agree with the OP, there needs to be some type of slap on the wrist for Isreal... they are getting out of hand and need to be stopped befor they end up dragging the USA into some greater war!

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:09 AM
link   
The problem with any thread on Israel is that there is often a polarisation of opinion. It is not unexpected for the mention of everything from apartheid through to "Zionist plots to rule the world". We have already strayed into the holocaust and no doubt there are those who think it did not happen. I sometimes feel that before anyone starts to rant and rave about the history of the Jews and / or Israel they should spend at least ten minutes doing some research.

On topic, the reason why Israel is not subject to sanctions is because the UN is impotent. There have often been calls for sanctions as a reaction to Israeli oppression of the Palestinians but these are resisted by the US and others.

There is a danger of saying “if not Israel, then why Iran”? Well, simplistically the west is comfortable with Israel – it is a democracy and although it has demonstrated a good deal of uncivilised behaviour it also has been the target of some pretty nasty groups, some of which are directly supported by our good friends the Iranians - that is not an excuse for their action, just an observation.

The west is not comfortable with Iran – it is not a democracy (for a start) and has demonstrated some unpleasant policies both towards its own people and elsewhere. The nuclear issue in Iran is particularly frightening.

Regards

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
The problem with any thread on Israel is that there is often a polarisation of opinion. It is not unexpected for the mention of everything from apartheid through to "Zionist plots to rule the world". We have already strayed into the holocaust and no doubt there are those who think it did not happen. I sometimes feel that before anyone starts to rant and rave about the history of the Jews and / or Israel they should spend at least ten minutes doing some research.

On topic, the reason why Israel is not subject to sanctions is because the UN is impotent. There have often been calls for sanctions as a reaction to Israeli oppression of the Palestinians but these are resisted by the US and others.

There is a danger of saying “if not Israel, then why Iran”? Well, simplistically the west is comfortable with Israel – it is a democracy and although it has demonstrated a good deal of uncivilised behaviour it also has been the target of some pretty nasty groups, some of which are directly supported by our good friends the Iranians - that is not an excuse for their action, just an observation.

The west is not comfortable with Iran – it is not a democracy (for a start) and has demonstrated some unpleasant policies both towards its own people and elsewhere. The nuclear issue in Iran is particularly frightening.

Regards

Just one question: Is Saudi Arabia a Democracy? oohh wait wait, what about this one: Is Kuwait a Democracy? Ohhhh wait a minute what about Antarctica? This has nothing to do with Democracy, what the hell does Democracy mean anyways, you guys don't have Democracy in the eyes of many is well, so what are you gonna do about it?

By the way just to burst your bubbles, Hezbollah is supported by the Lebanese people, they are even in the Parliament

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sargon of Akkad
reply to post by batvette

Whoa, whoa, whoa. His denial of the Holocaust invalidates his opinion? Because he isn't going to just roll over and accept the Jewish version of events?

No doubt many Jews died, but many Poles, Roma and I'm sure others were included there also. However, the Jews have claimed all those dead for their own, which makes the thing a big stinking lie they can use to start eradicating the population of Palestine under the guise of "well, the Nazis did it first".

Here's a few points :

- To deny the holocaust is just a little too rich.....there's so much supporting evidence...honestly, get real (not you, but person youre alluding too)

- To criticise Israel and be called an anti-semite is pathetic. These jews want their cake and eat it too.....stuff them

- Extreme muslims are B.A.D news...then again money-grubby jews as useless as well....so who do you choose?.....great, lesser of two evils

- Iran has nukes......ummmm, I'd think twice about messing with them

That's about it from me....just live your own life and forget about these two tribes of wannabe rulers....for we all know they'll end up blowing each other off the map....

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TheCoffinman

"Israel is doing to the Palestinians what the Nazis did to the Jews"?

Are you f*cking serious?????

I am OUTRAGED at this statement. It is absolutely shameful.

Let me tell you what the Nazis did to the Jews.

They rounded up every last one they could find. Those that were not shot on site were put on CATTLE TRAINS and sent to forced labour camps, later to be executed EN MASS with lethal gas. Women, children, babies, the elderly, the lot.

Their belongings, including shoes, gold teeth, clothes and money were stolen.

Their remains were put in industrialized crematoriums to be burnt and disposed of.

The Nazis succeeded in killing SIX MILLION PEOPLE, which was about 50% of the entire Jewish population on the planet.

You think that's comparable, HOW? Please, explain to me the equivalence.

Please explain to me, how can any sane and half intelligent person make any comparison between the two?

[edit on 7-9-2009 by mattpryor]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism
Just one question: Is Saudi Arabia a Democracy? oohh wait wait, what about this one: Is Kuwait a Democracy? Ohhhh wait a minute what about Antarctica? This has nothing to do with Democracy, what the hell does Democracy mean anyways, you guys don't have Democracy in the eyes of many is well, so what are you gonna do about it?

By the way just to burst your bubbles, Hezbollah is supported by the Lebanese people, they are even in the Parliament

Thanks for your insightful comments.

My point is that if the people of Israel object to their government they can remove them - that is democracy. The Iranian people have no such power or capability and their leadership is answerable to no one but themselves. That is the same in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, although Antarctica is somewhat different, so not really applicable.

If you are unsure of what democracy means I would suggest you start by picking up a dictionary, I could offer other suggestions but I think that you may not take these in the spirit they are offered.

I did not mention Hezbollah specifically, but I think it is well recognised that that particular group is supported by Iran both materially and financially. There's also Hamas and Islamic Jihad and alleged support for groups in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Regards

edit to correct a typo

[edit on 7/9/2009 by paraphi]

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mattpryor
reply to post by TheCoffinman

"Israel is doing to the Palestinians what the Nazis did to the Jews"?

Are you f*cking serious?????

I am OUTRAGED at this statement. It is absolutely shameful.

Let me tell you what the Nazis did to the Jews.

They rounded up every last one they could find. Those that were not shot on site were put on CATTLE TRAINS and sent to forced labour camps, later to be executed EN MASS with lethal gas. Women, children, babies, the elderly, the lot.

Their belongings, including shoes, gold teeth, clothes and money were stolen.

Their remains were put in industrialized crematoriums to be burnt and disposed of.

The Nazis succeeded in killing SIX MILLION PEOPLE, which was about 50% of the entire Jewish population on the planet.

You think that's comparable, HOW? Please, explain to me the equivalence.

Please explain to me, how can any sane and half intelligent person make any comparison between the two?

[edit on 7-9-2009 by mattpryor]

There must be holocaust threads. I thought this thread was about Israel. And sanctions.
You are off topic and somewhat biased. Post something about Israeli sanctions.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

Originally posted by oozyism

Thanks for your insightful comments.

My point is that if the people of Israel object to their government they can remove them - that is democracy. The Iranian people have no such power or capability and their leadership is answerable to no one but themselves. That is the same in Saudi Arabia and Kuwait, although Antarctica is somewhat different, so not really applicable.

If you are unsure of what democracy means I would suggest you start by picking up a dictionary, I could offer other suggestions but I think that you may not take these in the spirit they are offered.

I did not mention Hezbollah specifically, but I think it is well recognised that that particular group is supported by Iran both materially and financially. There's also Hamas and Islamic Jihad and alleged support for groups in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Regards

edit to correct a typo

[edit on 7/9/2009 by paraphi]

Are you talking about the democracy of the recent US presidential election?
That democracy?
The one where the guy that was elected turned and stabbed his own followers in the back?
The one that was voted in because he was going to stop the victimization of the United States Military and the American taxpayers. The democracy that sends thousands of it's young and old men and women to die horrible deaths and suffer abominable injury solely for the defense of Israel. THAT ONE?
Thanks for that insight. not

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
There are no sanctions because Israel pretty much owns the American government. That's about it.

On October 3, 2001, I.A.P. News reported that according to Israel Radio (in Hebrew) Kol Yisrael an acrimonious argument erupted during the Israeli cabinet weekly session last week between Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon and his foreign Minister Shimon Peres. Peres warned Sharon that refusing to heed incessant American requests for a cease-fire with the Palestinians would endanger Israeli interests and "turn the US against us. "Sharon reportedly yelled at Peres, saying "don't worry about American pressure, we the Jewish people control America."

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Donny 4 million
Are you talking about the democracy of the recent US presidential election?
That democracy?
The one where the guy that was elected turned and stabbed his own followers in the back?
The one that was voted in because he was going to stop the victimization of the United States Military and the American taxpayers. The democracy that sends thousands of it's young and old men and women to die horrible deaths and suffer abominable injury solely for the defense of Israel. THAT ONE?
Thanks for that insight. not

No I am not talking about the US elections / democracy. I am using the term “democracy” generically to describe a system of government. Israel is democratic and Iran is not. Antarctica is a continent.

You clearly have an issue which you should work out yourself and which is off topic. But as the US electorate elected a different party I would suggest that US democracy has worked - however flawed in your eyes.

Regards

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Donny 4 million

We have entered several conflicts in recent decades in the middle east to FULFILL OUR AGREEMENT TO PROVIDE FOR THE SECURITY OF THE ROYAL FAMILY OF THE KINGDOM OF SAUD, and ensure that the petroleum exports nearly the entire world depends upon remain uninterrupted.
The two wars in Iraq had very little to do with Israel, although Saddam funded Palestinian suicide bombers to foment anti-western sentiments amongst arab muslims throughout the region for his own ends.

Our middle east presence is because we produce but a third of our petroleum needs domestically. It flies out of the sand under pressure over there. Use it or lose it. I see no problem with pursuing an energy source that is sitting a mile or so underground doing nothing for anybody down there.
To think people want to use fertile food growing land for ethanol!
Back to the Saudis, 9/11 had everything to do with Iraq, our policies in dealing with Saddam caused the grievances cited by OBL in his fatwa. After 9/11 we take a look at these policies and containing Saddam suddenly becomers an untenable situation, yet we were still obligated to protect the Royal Family and needed to to protect the Petrodollar Hegemony scheme in place since 1973 that was responsible for our prosperity.
Had we not removed Saddam, by mid 2003 Blix declares him WMD free, by the end of the year sanctions are lifted and the combined oil exploration resources of China, Russia, and France waltz into Iraq and for the next 25 years the proceeds of the world's largest petroleum reserves goes straight into the pockets of Saddam, Uday and Quesay Hussein to do as they wish with. Two of them have been his primary weapons suppliers, the third has an unquenchable thirst for energy, the lack of which has been the one thing that has kept them (China) from utterly decimating US industry years before it did. Gee do you think Saddam would like to be paid in Migs and Eurofighters, to rearm the largest Armed Forces in the middle east, and arguably the most experienced?
Operation Iraqi Freedom saved America from a total collapse of the dollar through loss of Petrodollar hegemony, of which the Euro would have seen a windfall benefit and surely that is why Chirac argued so heatedly against it.
Saddam had switched his oil sales to the Euro under OFF in 2000, Iran, Venezuela and others were begging to switch as well. When sanctions relaxed, the conduit of goods and services from Paris to Baghdad would instantly realize a PetroEuro market and collapse OPEC solidarity and lead to a worldwide overnight selloff of US dollar assets.
Further, after replenishing his armed forces' equipment, and watching the Saudis twist on the vine when their US Dollar invested economy also went into a landslide, Saddam would have surely seen his much desired revenge against them for loss of his honor via DS1 and invaded KSA again to seize control of the Straits of Hormuz.
Alan Greenspan was so concerned about it in 2002 in his official capacity of senior economic advisor to the White House, he visited with Bush and advised him Saddam must be removed or the world economy would be devastated by the above actions.
The media doesn't spell all this out because it's so much easier to sell copy to stupid people telling them that finding or not finding WMD means something- when you'd have to be a fool to think we'd find anything and the reason we HAD to attack Saddam was because of what was going to happen when Blix didn't.

(if you think any of this is BS simply google "petrodollars")

Israel. WTF are you thinking about? Many people think 9/11 and terrorist attacks and Muslim anger at the West is because of Israel.
Fact is Israel is attacked because it represents the WEST and if they were shoved into the med tommorrow we'd still be in their sights.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join