It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TV so much for parental controls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Im one of those old fashioned parents i suppose. You know the type. I am involved in their lives i regulate what they do and what they see to the best of my abilities.

The television channel disney X formerly toon disney is one of the channels i have left unblocked so they can watch them when its their time for tv.

Today I watched with them for a while as i often do. After the show Phineas and Ferb there was about 10 minutes left in the hour. So to fill this gap disney will often use one of their teenie bopper pop artists music videos. Which i think are horrible music but generally alright for kids to view.

Today however that gap was filled with a music video by the no goodnick Kanye West.

Kanye West has just been charged with three criminal misdemeanors -- vandalism, battery, and grand theft -- in connection with the camera-smashing incident at LAX.

The L.A. City Attorney has also charged Don Crowley, Kanye's manager, with the following crimes -- two counts of vandalism, two counts of battery and two counts of grand theft.

TMZ happened to catch the incident on tape. In fact, Kanye broke our camera light as we were shooting. Crowley is charged with breaking both the TMZ camera and the still camera. Kanye is charged with breaking the flash accessory to the still camera.

The incident occurred last September 11. Both men are scheduled to be arraigned on April 14.

Kanye could get up to 2 1/2 years in jail if convicted on all counts. Crowley could get five years.

Read more: www.tmz.com...

www.tmz.com...

Now dont get me wrong i enjoy hip hop (not kanye specifically but others) I enjoy listening to it but do not allow my kids to listen to it. I dont allow this not only because of the abrasive lyrics but often because i don't believe the artist to be a good role model for my children.

Why would disney support this man? He is a criminal and no shild should look up to him.

Im disapointed that disney would do this. I know about their anti semetic past and sometimes controversial teenie bopper performances but to have a blatant black supremisist rapping on their cartoon channel is just disgraceful.

is this the man you want to serenade your children?

Just my humble opinion here. I needed to rant and so i have

[edit on 5-9-2009 by constantwonder]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I actually love this rant... I
despise Kayne West. Every time he speaks I want to just shove his horribly designed Louis Vuittons down his throat...sorry yes that was a little much but I do NOT support anything he does. I myself like some hip-hop but I just dont like him. He is a moron IMO. He doesnt do anything but complain and sound stupid. His music is IMO not for kids and really shouldnt be played on Disney. I remember when I was little wanting to listen to music I liked the beat to but my mother didnt approve of the lyrics or the artist so i wasnt allowed to listen to it...
As for his incident I hope he goes to jail, which he probably wont. What he did was wrong and he thinks he can do whatever he feels like. Oh how he really gets under my skin like no other!!

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   
reply to post by constantwonder

Disney probably made a deal to show certain videos for a fee. Disney's Toon channels are one of the few that still attracts an audience of tween boys. Marketers want to sell to that audience, and many of them are into hip-hop.

It seems you now have to add the channel to your block when you are not around. Get your children some good books to read or have other projects and they will not need the boob tube.

join