It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Aide Van Jones Resigns After GOP Attacks

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 01:46 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

sometimes I wonder about you and your motives.

In 2004, Jones signed a petition that called for an investigation of whether government officials allowed the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

In a statement last week, Jones said of the petition on the Web site 911truth.org: "I do not agree with this statement and it certainly does not reflect my views now or ever."

CNN

so now he denounces the truther movement so your argument is null.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Thank you, you took the words right out of my mouth. This guy is no different than Rev Wright, and once again let it be said, you are judged by the company you keep. He parroted a lot of things that seemed to come right from Wright's pedestal.

Ayers, Weather Underground, Wright, all of it. The company he keeps is extreme radicals. He merely did a centrist smoke and mirrors act during the campaign. You notice, he never said change for what? Hope for what? What direction does he want to take the country? He was never specific and let the masses assume.

Well ASS U ME they did. He allowed that to happn, intentionally. Now comes the learning of the answers to all those questions by those same masses.

As someone else so succinctly stated in this thread, people didn't look because they trusted him on change and transparency.

That went far, didn't it?

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Grumble

You hit the nail on the head. This is his modus operendi on almost everything.

Obama throws things, and sees if they stick, if they don't, he capitulates and things are changed. He also has his Czars so he can claim no responsibility for anything, ever. He delegates responsibility out, which we have really not seen a president do to this magnitude.

He also does it with money, Health care reform. Almost everything he does. In a sense it is a rather sly, sneaky way to do things. He almost always wins more than he expected due to it, because people are afraid to say no to him. This is one of the major causes between the GoP and Democrat parties. He asks them to battle it out, and then takes the vote to the table. All the whil he secretly hopes his party comes out with more than they bargained for. So far, they have. Very manipulative.

You think he wold have been unhappy with 400 billion instead of 780? If he had only truly felt he needed 300 billion, what the heck, ask for the mountain and see what you get. Do you understand now why "the public option is a preferred option, but not necessary"?

My kids did this to me until I caught on. They asked for $50. I would reply, "well, I can't do $50, how about $30?"

Only later did I come to find out they really only needed $10, so they came out with a hot little profit.

I think this is the exact reason people were so wary about the speech to the kids. They sense the undertones of things, yet have a very hard time in expressing it in words that can be reasoned out sometimes. Not to mention the fact there is no real way to know the contents of the real speech now.

People are just feeling unease, and when called to task, have a hard time placing their finger on why. It's a trust issue, and this is only one of the reasons why.

He just threw Van Jones under the bus because he got caught. Most certainly he had hoped he wouldn't. Now, people are wondering, "What else? Who else?" This is the awakening.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Libertygal]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashnomadonte
reply to post by HunkaHunka

sometimes I wonder about you and your motives.

Just so we are clear, my motives change daily... sometimes quicker than that.

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Libertygal
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Ayers, Weather Underground, Wright, all of it. The company he keeps is extreme radicals. He merely did a centrist smoke and mirrors act during the campaign. You notice, he never said change for what? Hope for what? What direction does he want to take the country? He was never specific and let the masses assume.

But obama did promise a lot of things. He promised to let people see content of bills being considered, before the vote. He promised to work in a bipartisan way to create legislation. He promised to "clean up" Washington, stop letting lobbyists run things. He promised no closed door meetings. He has done the exact opposite of all these things. The masses didn't imagine the results they wanted; he promised those results. Every penny spent has been channeled into political payback for support in getting him elected. he bought the election on the "no paymet til 09" deferred credit plan. And now any criticism is damned as racist. the opposite is true. the fact that he is half black, and calls himself black, makes everyone reluctant to call him on this stuff.

as far as anybody can tell, obama believes the same things as van jones, bill ayers, rev wright. tell me one thing he believes differently from these people.

[edit on 8-9-2009 by earlywatcher]

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join