It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have Christians caused the world to spin off its axis?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JesusisTruth

No worries love....we are all human and none of us are perfect.

My concern is much more vast than the shenanigans of specific individuals. I am talking about a global concern here. The world is spinning off its axis. Soon...the North Pole could be China and the South Pole one of the Americas...and while that is occuring we all die.....and thus, the world would have to begin yet again as it has many times before.

Hopefully, the next time, without religion...

[edit on 8-9-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy

Hoepfully, the next time, without religion...

God I hope you're right E_B!

posted on Sep, 8 2009 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

whaaa, my good friend. We can only hope with regards to religion but sadly, man will make the same mistake over and over again. It is the nature of the beast and you can't remove a beast's nature. You can neuter him, remove his pride, remove his dignity, remove his free will, remove his frontal lobe and he will still seek the words of false prophets...

I have been nautious lately and I finally realize it's the axis of the earth....it's off track and heading further off track. I believe if everyone just dumps their bogus religions, it will save the planet. Especially the Christians. There's so bleeding many of them. If 1/3 of the population of the planet could just step up, I'm sure many of the other 2/3rds will jump on the bandwagon.

But alas, I am powerless to this machine whaaa...this machine of religious dogma....

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
One voice can be the voice of many. Why does everyone set back and say they are just one person and do nothing. The world is in trouble because of everyone no one group is responsible. WE ALL have a hand in this. NO one can say they are blameless. We are all human and we fail. WE where given this earth and we are all setting by and watching it fall apart. So instead of blaming other groups we all need to take responsibility for our own actions.

[edit on 9-9-2009 by silverflame]

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Excitable_Boy

To answer your question honestly: Yes. Christians are causing the world to spin off its axis. Every time I feel hate towards someone, I feel a slight shift under my feet.

It's kind of hard to explain but let me try. The next time you're in an elevator going up, start jumping in place right as the elevator is about to stop. You'll keep going up a bit from where the floor stopped and before you land. It's like a nanosecond of gravity suspension. Pretty trippy.

That is what the axis tilt feels like under your feet. The next time you feel that, just know at that very moment, I was hatin' on somebody. By my calculations, if we hate somebody 5 times a day, we can no doubt bring about that polar shift everyone is talking about for 2012. It will be epic.

Nah. I'm just teasing ya, E-boy! I love you bunches!

Whoa?! Did you guys feel that? I think the Earth just shifted 2 degrees back on its correct path. Awesome.

BRB right after I put some shelves upright and get this flood water out of my house.

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The law of non contradiction is at the foundation of reason. Because Christianity is true all other religions are false. This is a non negotionable if you take Jesus at his word.

Jesus said to him, “I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.(Jn 14:6)

The op's god is an idol made of greeting card platitudes and politically correct canards. He doesn't exist. Absolutes are offensive to those who are tolerant of everything yet stand for nothing. Offense is not hate. It is more loving for me to point out your grave error than it would be to leave you alone.

"The world is spinning off its axis" because men are sinful and selfish. It's bound to get worse. Christians are the ones down in the trenches feeding the starving and nursing the AIDs babies that no ones else wants to deal with. My Church just rebuilt a village in SE Asia after the tsunami and we bought a group a fishing boat so they can feed themselves. Oh there's famine in Ethiopia - I am working to get there this Spring with a group from church.

So as usual you have backwards OP. Instead of worrying about saving the earth -you should be getting people saved. As far as the earth, waste of time, you can't save it any way...

But by the same word the heavens and earth that now exist are stored up for fire, being kept until the day of judgment and destruction of the ungodly.(2 Pe 3:7)

posted on Sep, 9 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

You believe there is no God? Are you kidding? You can quote the bible all you want. It was written by men and Jesus wasn't one of them as he was dead when it was written, if he even existed.

You are a Pagan BW and that is okay. I have some very good friends that are Pagan....mostly Native Americans.

Your good works are wonderful and we are all very proud of you but it doesn't give you a free pass to defile the name of God here. This is the type of crap I am talking about. This is causing the earth to spin off its axis.

Godlessness is sad BW....I hope you find your way......

[edit on 9-9-2009 by Excitable_Boy]

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Excitable_Boy
Good afternoon everyone. I was just contemplating this and decided to share my contemplations.

It appears lately that the world has begun to spin off its axis. My question is: has this been caused by Christians?

Of all the religious groups, they seem to spew the most hate on here and in the real world. Most other religions are very tolerant of other ways of thought. Christians on the other hand are, in general, a very intolerant bunch, hating those not like them and not willing to take Jesus as the "New God." Don't get me wrong...there are other scary and nasty religions out there or ones with scary subgroups that make up their own rules.

So, if God created the world and the universe and etc....is He responsbile for spinning the Earth off its axis due to the vast hate filled group known as Christians? After all, Christianity was created out of greed and hunger for power.

You know, it would be hilarious if it weren't so sad, that your post is so filled to the brim with the very hatred you ascribe to Christians! Can you really not see it?
Vicky

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join