It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-fascists clash with right-wing protesters in Birmingham

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

That Fox video was pretty shocking to see... so that was in Feb 09? What about now? Are they still operating? Have they shut them down? kicked them out? what?

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Maybe, the anti-facists are actually afraid of a debate.

[edit on 5/9/2009 by paraphi]

Not afraid, right extremist don't want to talk either, they just go down the street and kick some ass, what the anti-fascist do is a counter protest what is fully our right too, bnp have the right to go down the street with their protest but AF have the right to stop them too, and before you start to take defence of BNP and all this bunch of nazi just remember they do the exact same thing when AF down the street for a protest, fascist are the corner waiting for us and are usually protect by the cops.

The people they want to "back home" are as stupid as they are, they are all extremist who want to forced people to be like them and nothing more or you'll get trouble.

edit: between, no need to say when the fascist can't argue with you any more they will try to kick because he can't find more argument to tell.

[edit on 9/6/09 by ufopunx]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

FOX have a nice habit to turn fact into bigger fact, we had the same case in belgium, there was a documentary about radical islam in bruxelles, and how the European capital will be an Islamic city in 20 years.
To support they fact they had interviewed Filip Dewinter(vlaams belang president), in the interview he is introduce as a right wing political party, a simple right wing movement, ok vlaams belang were called before vlamms block but the party go in court and were judge to be a racist political party later the same people create the vlamms belang, the same political party but with a different name so no it is not a right wing movement but a well know right extremist political party with a lot of link with nazi and nazi fanatics, good way for FOX to scared american people about radical islam in bruxelles and in europe, they had eventually interviewed the mayor from molenbek but just 5 minutes while de winter spite his venom like if he was an important person in the Belgian politics, he is just nothing.

All this to say that FOX NEWS's documentary about radical islam is really to take with scepticism

Here is my posy about this story

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
The BNP wouldnt have a leg to stand on if people of this country did not feel victimized and kicked aside by there own government. Extreme islam is preached in the mosques over here - google 4OD and then search "dispatches: undercover mosque" its disgusting.
If the church openly preached to kill or treat someone from a different faith as 2nd class i'm sure we would be seeing the same protests.
UAF are as bad as the BNP and at the end of the day people need to be treated equil. Extremism will ruin ANY society.
My vote goes to those who want an end to it.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   
The UAF is a group that has string links to radical Islam.

Only a few weeks ago, they rioted in Luton over the mere suggestion of an EDL march which was planned as a demonstration against pervious Islamic protests at a memorial for fallen soldiers. The same protest where they called the dead soldiers baby killers and mass murderers, where they also called for the deaths of infidels and more British soldiers.

In Luton, there were over 200+ Asian youths who, for several hours, fought riot police with bricks, petrol bombs and fireworks. The planned EDL march did not even take place as it was banned by the Home Office several days before, so there was no need to riot, yet these thugs did anyway.

In this latest clash, the EDl had been given permission to march, yet were confronted and outnumbered by a large group of Asian youths, armed with sticks, bricks and pole grabbed from nearby construction sites. The police managed to corall the EDL into a local pub, for their own safety really, yet the UAF attempted to storm the pub, obviously looking for a fight.

After an hour of angry skirmishes, police finally trapped around 60 EDL members in Bennetts pub in the city centre at 3.30pm, where they were held for more than an hour.

Meanwhile, a group of 60 Asian men gathered and tried to storm the premises, only being stopped by police using shields and protective headgear.

Moments later the gang re-appeared on a nearby street, throwing missiles and bricks they had picked up from a builder’s skip.

Eye-witness Sarah Edwards, who was locked in a cafe with dozens of other shoppers, said: “We suddenly saw about 200 Asian men running down the street throwing bricks.

“They came from nowhere, and were sprinting towards the pub where the EDL were.

“They wore bandanas over their faces and were shouting and screaming.

Source - Birmingham Post

It might also be worthwhile looking at this follwoing thread for further info:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

These "anti-fascists" are nothing of the sort. It is a convenient, non-descript lable they have adopted to hide what is a pro-Islamist and anti-democratic group of cretins, hell bent on causing trouble and violently reacting to any group which they do not agree with.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
I think this organisation(EDL) was created after British troops where called murderers etc by a vocal islamic group?marching throught the town.....

and the "anti fascist" group is funded mainly by the british Unions etc

and does indeed appear just to be out for a ruck..to all intents and purposes.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by gambon]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by gambon

Unions funding the UAF? I'd be surprised if that was the case.

In every example where you find the UAF, you will invariably find a large group of violent Asian young men. This suggests their links/funding come from elsewhere and their formation is to counter any attempt at a revival of any kind of British nationalism and to shut down any debate on immigration as "right-wing" and therefore untouchable.

The EDL do appear to have been formed in response to the digusting antics in Luton in Feb, with regards to the bodies of dead soldiers. I wouldn't be surprised if many of their members are active or ex-servicemen/women.

EDIT: looked at the UAF and it does indeed appear to have the support of the Unions:

» National Assembly Against Racism (NAAR)
» Love Music Hate Racism (LMHR)
» Show Racism the Red Card
» University and College Union (UCU)
» National Union of Mineworkers (NUM)
» Communication Workers’ Union (CWU)
» Public and Commercial Services Union (PCS)
» National Association of Schoolmasters and Women Teachers (NASUWT)
» National Union of Teachers (NUT)
» National Association of Probation Officers (NAPO)
» UNITE the union

So by default, this is a Labour supported group, as the Unions are Labours biggest supprters there too. peter Hain was a keynote speaker at their annual conference. This seems to highlight Labours commitment to this disaterous "multi-cultural" experiment they have foisted upon us.

But, there does also seem to be a heavy Islamic influence in the UAF as well. Check out their website:

UAF

[edit on 6/9/09 by stumason]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Nice one for doing the research and finding out ,I dont like to force stuff on people ,and allways find it better to go look for myself,if I can

It is well known the unions including the students union fund this stuff,I personally dont know if this is right or wrong .
Who do you think pays for the free busses from uni's to london etc ..

Here is a site to do with the funding of the organisation...

www.uaf.org.uk...

Seems everybody is a nazi if you dont agree with it ...?

[edit on 6-9-2009 by gambon]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:22 AM
link   
It's a double edged sword.

It really is.

Ever heard the phrase 'it's wrong for all the right reasons'?

As long as you have radical preachers, you will have far right marches.

The thing here is the anti-fascists are the third party here. YET how many of the radical muslims would stick up for the anti-fascists?

Tricky.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Good digging stu.labour supported too!

Anyway changing subject to the EDL,didnt know they came after the fanatical muslim idiots talked rubbish on our streets about our boys then?Trouble is these black shirt boys look the same as the BNP when there on the streets,I can see their logic but there more likey to inflame more radical muslims to put out more rallies on the streets!It will never end

I get the feeling someone up high wants racial fighting in the inner cities,it seems to me like the labour voters of a certain age are now shifiting to the BNP because*southpark voice*they took my job!and Gordan Browns Jobs for english people(I personly think an english person should be PM of our country,so thats only time I agree with him!)ohh and we should also vote him in!Not just walk in after Tony and strut around the world as our leader when we never elected him

[edit on 6-9-2009 by noangels]

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

If these retards are the people England is meant for, I want no part of it.

I am British, I was born here, as were my parents, as were theirs as far back as we can go, and I am truly embarrassed and ashamed that we have specimens like this in our country trying to make out that they are superior or "more British" than others.

They are idiotic thugs who don't understand the first thing about the Muslim belief system, they believe tabloid BS over everything else, they can't think for themselves.
Most of them probably cannot read beyond the headlines of the Daily Mail or The Sun!

And to associate themselves with "defending" England is truly insulting. How dare they align themselves with a noble cause or imply they are acting in "defence" of our country?!

Ultimately, the ones to blame are (or were) in the capital. The ones we should be pointing the finger at are and were in government, pushing the myth of terror at every opportunity in their effort to back America in a war for Oil. They started a race war, a religious battle, in their scaremongering and these idiots fell for it.

These idiots are just that, mindless people who cannot think for themselves and believe the BS spread by the government and supported by the tabloid press.

It doesn't really matter though. If these blokes weren't in the streets of Birmingham protesting "extremists" (how exactly do you do that? and how does "no more mosques" relate?) they would be at a football match rioting against their opponents, shouting insults and throwing missiles. It's exactly the same breed of scum at both.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The BNP will never be in power in the UK. Just as Oswald Mosley and his Black Shirts, didn't stand a change, yet Mosley was a brilliant politician.
People who voted for the BNP did so as a protest, a Councilor or a MEP vote is very different to voting for a government.
The main stream parties have to wake up to the fact, what we have isn't working and it is the white Brits who in many areas are feeling disenfranchised

I can see this issue with radical Muslims being engineered by the powers that be...divide and rule ..is never more relevant than today.

The majority of Muslims are not different from any of our neighbours, yet the government panders to the whims of those with the biggest mouths, the radicals who want special treatment. They allow preachers of hate like the cleric Anjem Choudary to walk our street, even hold a countrywide road show with the intent of converting young people to Islam.

Girls as young as four wear the Burkha, if anyone else covered their kids from head to toe they would be accused of child abuse, the same as school kids fasting for Ramadan some as young as seven. Schools are told to allow them to skip physical excercise classes because they may be weak, if I was to do this to my kids there would be outrage.

On the other hand they tell us the danger of the radicals, all this does is create the opposite extremism...the far right...

The government hasn't encouraged intergration we have now ended up with two worlds living a parallel existence.

Instilling or allowing a scenario which breeds fear gives governments power, they are doing the same with the demonizing the young.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Ultimately the people should be protesting against all the drivel that bombards our daily lives in the form of media such as tabloid newspapers and two-bit tv shows.

This is where both sides get their fuel from.

Simple as that.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Ultimately the people should be protesting against all the drivel that bombards our daily lives in the form of media such as tabloid newspapers and two-bit tv shows.

This is where both sides get their fuel from.

Simple as that.

Absolutely agree.

We would all be better off without the mass media manipulation of the people, but it's going to take a movement to do it.

I regularly ridicule people for reading the tabloids, it's a sport for me.

That's one way to do it, just insult people based on their intelligence every time they pick up a tabloid rag, they'll soon be too embarrassed to be seen reading that crap.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

What, exactly, do you know about the EDL? have you taken time to actually hear the message they preach? Or have you been blinded by the very MSM you say they follow, because the EDL have been branded as "racist" and "far-right", incidentally only by the UAF!!!

Read their website, then comment.

www.englishdefenceleague.org...

I am not supporting them, just trying to get some level and fair discussion about them. People seem willing to jump on them and lable them as "thugs", "hooligans", "racists" etc, but few, if anyone have taken the time to actually study them.

This folowing excerpt from their website seems to be asking their members to turn up, behave and follow police instruction. It wasn't until the UAF turned up that things got violent.

We are due to meet in Broad Street in Birmingham City Centre before 12:30 on Saturday 5th September. The Police will direct us to various Public Houses in Broad Street where we will be asked to wait until further instruction. We strongly recommend that nobody arrives in the City before 11:00, and also we advise supporters not to travel alone. Anyone in large groups may be split and asked to wait in different Pubs. Please respect the Police on this. Anyone arriving after this time may be turned away by Police. West Midlands Police have advised us that there will be a Police Presence at most of the City Centre train stations, and some of these will be closed. The closest railway stations to Broad Street are Birmingham New Street Station and Five Ways Station, both of which will be heavily Policed

And here is a snippet about the events in Birmingham:

These are disturbing times for democracy and "freedom of speech" as the UAF (united Against Fascism) organisation sparked violent clashes between members of the public, and anyone they deemed to be involved with the English Defence League, who they have branded 'A racist group of thugs organised by the BNP'.

We at the EDL had planned a peaceful demonstration against Islamic Fundamentalists in Birmingham on the 8th August, but the UAF turned up and occupied the position in which our demonstration was planned to be held.

This forced us to relocate our peaceful demonstration to another location nearby, but many of our members were un-aware of the developments, hence the poor turnout.

The UAF stirred up the local crowd into thinking that we were the BNP, or a racist group which we are not. Our message is very clear - Remove Islamic Fundamentalists from our streets, and Remove ALL practice of Shari'ah Law in England.

The UAF had NO place, or reason to counter demonstrate against us whatsoever, unless they have a hidden agenda and support these vile issues that are spreading through our Country like the Plague.

The UAF have a history of provoking violence, but this instance has bewildered belief. The only possible reason for this provocation would be to put the blame for the violence onto the EDL, and this is exactly what they have tried to do.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Any political party in the UK which debates immigration numbers, fundametalism etc such as EDL or UKIP are branded ultra right wing, when if fact they are nothing like the BNP

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by detachedindividual

I agree with you in one hand, but on the other I agree with so many other comments. We'll easily call someone a thug if they walk on the street holding a sign and have shaved hair.

In France, they'll jump into the streets if they don't agree with something to voice an opinion - and I say fair play. It gets noticed and often gets the job done.

In England, us 'true' Brits are far to reserved (probably lazy) to do that. We'll merrily live thinking things are ok and 'will be alright' whilst many of our laws and heritage are eroded. We'll hand over power whilst we sleep.

Perhaps these guys are more British than I, or my ancestors? They choose to stand while I sit on my laptop.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Conservative vs. Anti-fascists? Somehow, somewhere along the line political ideologies have become confused by various groups. They are fighting each other and they should have similar viewpoints.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

Quite true - and it's a real shame. Much of it probably has to do with young journalists not knowing what they are talking about and trying to sell papers....

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by AlwaysQuestion

That's the thing, many people have short hair. Is short hair the sign of being a racist? I shave my head to a grade 2 for purely practical reasons. If I took to the streets and protested, I'm assuming that because I have short hair, I'd automatically be a "thug", purely based on my hairstyle?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join