It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

36 42'52.75" N 107 35'51.98" W thousands of these...what are they?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
This area...if you pull back out from Google Earth, is covered with these smoothed-off plots with these very small structures. The plots seem to be random, but with tall poles? or pipes? sticking up into the air. On most of them, there appears to be no typical buildings, but the access roads are used alot and plain to make out. I first thought they could be transmission lines, but they seem to be randomly spaced. Then i thought they could be some type of gas or oil rigs, but these are spread out over HUNDREDS OF SQUARE MILES!!. On route 64, you can get down to "road" photos in Google. However, all i was able to make out are the distant tops of these "posts" or "pipes"...What are these?? Anybody have a clue???

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Windmills...maybe
Second line

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Are you referring to latitude and longitude?

That is what *I* see - simple lat and long.

Point me toward the light now please.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I saw this strange "things" two years ago...

But what is really strange is that This things are near "The DULCE Base".

An huge Underground facility...

May be Phil Schneider was right... (RIP)

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imagir
I saw this strange "things" two years ago...

But what is really strange is that This things are near "The DULCE Base".

An huge Underground facility...

May be Phil Schneider was right... (RIP)

maybe if one had a infra-red camera and went down hwy 64, would you be able to see heat signatures coming from the top of these pipes or poles?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Or maybe they are haystacks or some other form of farm or ranch structure.

Unless cows are aliens...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:30 AM
link   
in the approx. center lies navajo lake, 6, 600 feet above sea level, it's 400 feet deep, and over 25 miles long...a source of fresh water perhaps??

[edit on 5-9-2009 by jimmyx]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Oh I see what you mean now... whoa!

No ATS til coffee - take my advice!

Do we have a consensus on what we *think* those may be?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:32 AM
link   
plus at certain larger plots of smoothed off land, there are what appears to be either electrial substations or power stations...but i was only able to locate 2 of these because they are so spread out

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
I think I found it for you! That was interesting.

"Page 1
ABSTRACT La Manga Canyon is a small watershed (~20km2) in the San JuanBasin that has historically been developed for natural gas and recently forcoal bed methane. Since gas production began in the 1940’s, an extensivenetwork of dirt roads have transected the watershed, providing access towell sites. There are currently eleven and a half wells per square mile withsometimes multiple wells in each well-pad. Land degradation due toenergy extraction and historic livestock grazing make this area a goodmodel for similar Colorado Plateau landscapes, particularly in theunderstanding of soil and vegetation dynamics in high impact areas.Remote sensing was conducted from aerial photography taken in 1935,1955, 1981, 1997, 2005 and 2006 to verify historic extent of well-pads,roads, and pipelines. Well-pads were digitized manually and roads /pipelines were remotely sensed with a supervised classification. Temporalvegetation change in the watershed was assessed at the ecological sitelevel. Organic carbon was also estimated from soil cores (top 10cm)collected from roads, well-pads, and “undisturbed” vegetated areas withineach ecological site. Linear disturbances increased from 100 to 250 habetween 1955 and 2006; total well-pad area increased from 12 to 72 haover the same period. Vegetation dynamics in this watershed have beenoverwhelmed by energy infrastructure."

Here is the link to the pdf and it has pictures: usda-ars.nmsu.edu...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:35 AM
link   
if you go down to Google "road" photos these have simple cattle crossing guards onto these dirt roads....no signs, no way of indentifying what these "roads" are for. they appear to be simple turnoffs into someones property

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar
I think I found it for you! That was interesting.

"Page 1
ABSTRACT La Manga Canyon is a small watershed (~20km2) in the San JuanBasin that has historically been developed for natural gas and recently forcoal bed methane. Since gas production began in the 1940’s, an extensivenetwork of dirt roads have transected the watershed, providing access towell sites. There are currently eleven and a half wells per square mile withsometimes multiple wells in each well-pad. Land degradation due toenergy extraction and historic livestock grazing make this area a goodmodel for similar Colorado Plateau landscapes, particularly in theunderstanding of soil and vegetation dynamics in high impact areas.Remote sensing was conducted from aerial photography taken in 1935,1955, 1981, 1997, 2005 and 2006 to verify historic extent of well-pads,roads, and pipelines. Well-pads were digitized manually and roads /pipelines were remotely sensed with a supervised classification. Temporalvegetation change in the watershed was assessed at the ecological sitelevel. Organic carbon was also estimated from soil cores (top 10cm)collected from roads, well-pads, and “undisturbed” vegetated areas withineach ecological site. Linear disturbances increased from 100 to 250 habetween 1955 and 2006; total well-pad area increased from 12 to 72 haover the same period. Vegetation dynamics in this watershed have beenoverwhelmed by energy infrastructure."

Here is the link to the pdf and it has pictures: usda-ars.nmsu.edu...

hey thanks...nice find...it freaked me out about how large an area this is, and like one other poster said...so close to dulce

but there seems to be more that 250 of these sites as quoted in that PDF of yours, doesn't there?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
They are well pads. See my post above with link to the pdf with detailed info about the area.

"La Manga Canyon is a small watershed (~20km2) in the San JuanBasin that has historically been developed for natural gas and recently forcoal bed methane. Since gas production began in the 1940’s, an extensive network of dirt roads have transected the watershed, providing access to well sites. There are currently eleven and a half wells per square mile with sometimes multiple wells in each well-pad."

[edit on 5-0920099-0909 by gwynnhwyfar]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Sorry, I crossed posts and then couldn't figure out how to edit it or remove it. Yeah, I was quite interested when I looked on google earth and saw all of those. You're right, there are a LOT! It looks like the pdf was from 2006 so it has probably expanded since then.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:58 AM
link   
yes, it wasn't that difficult to actually go take a look at it on MapBlast and then do a "birdseye" view.

They are oil or gas wells. With a magnifying glass I could see the pump stations and oil storage tanks.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
WOW this post was a perfect example of how people that tend NOT to think logically get caught up in UFO/Alien hyperbole.

Starting to get 'skepticism' yet people? Notice how every goddamn time someone posts up some deluded theory or image its summarily dismissed as something less than supernatural..love these posts keep em comin please!!!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Are they McDonalds drive-thru's?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by jeddun
WOW this post was a perfect example of how people that tend NOT to think logically get caught up in UFO/Alien hyperbole.

Starting to get 'skepticism' yet people? Notice how every goddamn time someone posts up some deluded theory or image its summarily dismissed as something less than supernatural..love these posts keep em comin please!!!

What the hell are you talking about?

top topics

join