It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humanity is it all bad?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Seems pretty bad to me, it may be late here, but wow.

Samantha Joseph, who was 15 at the time, led Shakilus Townsend, 16, to a group of six youths, including her boyfriend, who ambushed him, beat him with baseball bats and stabbed him six times. He bled to death crying for his mother and telling residents, who tried to stem his bleeding after the gang fled, that he did not want to die.

Amid shouts of “scum”, “shame” and “honey trap” from the public gallery in the court, Joseph, now 17, looked momentarily nervous as she was led to the cells.

The six gang members were sentenced to a total of 77 years. The gang and its leader had all denied murder but were given life sentences after being convicted following a ten-week trial.

Joseph's boyfriend, the gang's leader, had discovered that Joseph had been seeing Shakilus behind his back for about a month. He demanded she trick Shakilus into going to a quiet cul-de-sac in July last year. The boy, who had told his mother that he wanted to marry Joseph, followed her to the street where he was murdered by the gang as she looked on laughing.

Source
Mobile Home killer

Virginia tech murder 09

Just seems more and more I look for humanity to prosper I see it fail, and fail, a fall on its face in failure.

Facepalm.

I try to prove on here, and elsewhere, that humanity is worthy, but maybe it's just me and a minority of others, that are actually humanity wise people, that are against this, but it's a rising power of sadistic people cropping up all over the place.

Makes the world, not even animalistic, but much, much worse.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Every time I think that 90% of the population is using up all the good oxygen that I need, I look at my kid.

He's 6, funny, and happy. Yes, there are scum out there. Always have been. Just with the media, that's all we hear about. So, I look at my kid. And remind myself that there is still good here.

All the same, I still keep my powder dry.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Hey, im not following you honestly!!! Just seem to be drawn to your threads.

I remember this case well, I really couldn't believe it the first time around. It was so callous and calculated especially taking into consideration the age of the group. I do not think humanity is all that bad, there are numerous stories every day of self sacrifice and good deeds, society maybe breaking down and TPTB are losing control, with all that, the economy and no prospects young people will obviously start to 'go of the rails' (I know that is dumbing it down a bit, but you get my drift).

I do not know if the intention is to break values and morals or whether it is just bad management and practice, whatever I think the blame lies with the decision and policy makers.

Give someone an aim or a goal and they will most likely strive to achieve it, give them nothing to look forward to and they will make their own rules, values and morals without looking for the consequences in their actions. Its all about self satisfaction right away in my opinion.

Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   
it's easy to find a million examples of terrible terrible evil people, the world has billions of people in it so some are bound to be really bad while others are really good, like Mother Teresa for example (oh no wait - www.youtube.com... ) or er, um.... well their must be some good people in the world right?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   
If you watch alot of MSN and read the paper, it will certainly seem that there are bad people all over the place.

But, believe it or not, most people are like you, assuming you are a decent person yourself.

I feel this reaffirmed whenever I get around groups of people or travel to new places, and begin to socialize with them. I'd say 95% of people are decent, good, or average. But we usually only hear about the 5% that are causing all the trouble, unfortunately.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Well, you have to remember that at least anywhere from 1/4 to 1/2, maybe even 3/4 of the people that are here right now need to be done away with.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Life is what you make it.

It may be hard, and some people might get unlucky, but if you surround yourself with positive people then most of the time, you will live a positive life.

If you think humanity is bad, you are only just as bad as these so called ambushers....as in the fact that you are not helping the problem, but only portraying it as a greater threat than it really is.

posted on Sep, 7 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   
We see "bad" more often on TV than we do in person. I see more good people on a daily basis than I do bad people... at least by my standards. I don't blame "humanity" for being corrupt, it's the system we live in which makes it more profitable and/or advantageous to be corrupt.

There are genuinely "bad" and very sick people in the world, without a doubt, but they do not speak for humanity. They are few and far between, I think.

The problem for humanity I think, is not that people are "bad", but that we can tend to have a very narrow view of the world and system we live in, and we can't see beyond it.

My dad is one of the most "good" people I know. I asked him yesterday, "What would you have done in life, if you didn't have to focus on making money?" He said he had no idea, couldn't even imagine it... and this is a 65-year-old man who loves watching the Sci-Fi channel. (He was a welder for almost 30 years, not some kind of profit-driven businessman.)

We're just stuck I think, and the media (center of our society, at least in America) perpetuates this system, divides people, makes us fear one another, keeps us focused on tiny two-sided arguments rather than helping us see the big picture of our broken society.

Just my opinion... I love people.

top topics

join