It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have the ultimate TRICK QUESTION for ATS

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   

Most of us on ATS have seen this video. So this guy is saying you need to turn off your TV in 1976.......

33 years Later...

33 years later...

33 years later...

in 2009.................................. What if everybody decided to log of the WWW?

He rants about TV in 1976 (because he saw what TV was doing society)...

So what's the difference between his speech in 1976 & what it would sound in 2009?

The ultimate trick question is.... Are we better off with ATS or Without it?

think about it.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Doomsday 2029]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

I once saw a man pull a rabbit out of a hat......that was a trick.

I asked him, 'how did you do that?'......that was a question.

We are better off with ATS.

Thank you please.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
The WWW and ATS only help people to communicate with each other. Its a two sided interactive media where there is constant input from the two sides of the tool. This helps the progression of the evolution of the mind of the human species as a whole.

On the other side, the TV is only a one-sided input media. Its basically the shaping of individual minds by other individual minds that ultimately causes the stagnation of the whole group.

I say we are better off with ATS.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
Without ATS, I think alot of my thoughts, would never of been thought.

Bows to ats community.

Now for the WWW, well alot of teenage boys couldn't log off!

For the rest of us, we'd be ok, finally get to finishing that patio!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Without ATS, I think alot of my thoughts, would never of been thought.

Bows to ats community.

Are all of those thoughts Good for you?... and I would never Bow to the ATS community if I were you.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:27 AM
link   

I'll answer your question with another question:

Would we be better off with or without websites like youtube?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Well...I've been a Member of ATS for some nine years now.

A Mod/SuperMod for almost eight years...so my answer may be perceived to be somewhat biased.

To me the trick in the question is not are we better off with or without ATS...rather it's are YOU better off with or with ATS.

ATS is not the deciding factor in the equation. YOU are.

Just like any other media, any other tool...its not the tool or the media that is more prominent in deciding what the resultant value will be - that rests instead with the person within whose hands the media or tool resides.

How do YOU benefit from ATS? Do you?
How do YOU share with ATS? Do you?

...what benefit has it been for YOU individually - that to me is the real question...

Peace.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:37 AM
link   
would we be better off becoming the change we wish to see instead of placing the blame on the external stimuli that our brains perceive as reality?

Viva ATS!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by alien

ATS is not the deciding factor in the equation. YOU are.

we Have a winner of the $64,000 dollar question.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:29 AM
link   
By far without a doubt I am much better for having access to ATS.

It has changed my life with the information I have found on here. It has helped me to sway family and friends and also to discuss things that I like to talk about. I even made a thread to thank ATS.

Again thank you to all the members who contribute to this site!!!

Peace

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I think I am better with it. Without it I wouldnt have known about a lot of important issues that are not covered on the news. I enjoy the forums and the people on here as well. I would be fine if it wasnt here but I think its helped open my eyes quite a bit since I joined. So many things on here I have never heard of even come across on other sites.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
After being here for a while, and probably asking repeated/odd questions and possibly saying ridiculous things...
I find ATS serves some good.

It's a community, first off. It gives all of us here who think beyond what is considered "normal" a place where we belong.

Also, it raises consciousness. It has done a service there, and connects people to things they may not have ever stumbled upon or thought of.

I have learned here just how much the topic of UFOs has not died down since 1947 (some might argue it never really went away throughout history) and to me that says something.

This site offers perspective.
Be skeptical, but don't close your mind, and by all means let's be open minded but not so much that our heads fall out.

I cannot exactly say this site offers much in the way of answers though.
Truth is hard to find in a sea of information...I feel some answers, if they are on here, might be beyond human capacity to really understand (for instance, when we try to talk about God or what exactly is God...or what does it means when ETs speak of "God"...it's very confusing and leaves room only for opinions)

Really ATS is a weird bonding of complete insanity/paranoia with truth and great amounts of awareness.

This is a tool to use to see different ideas and such, but remember to live your life.

I must say it continues to surprise me how this site is even allowed to continue on as it does. Wouldn't the government shut it down?
It's great that it does go on, but I think why it's allowed to be kept going is because there is confusion and skewed messages are mixed in there.
Plus arguments over semantics or somebody not saying something properly.

Last I should emphasis, that one thing for sure ATS doesn't offer is experience. After reading all the information on ATS, you still have to remind yourself to actually step away from the screen and go do something.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Before2017Victor]

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Before2017Victor]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I'm a hard-nosed conservative with my values firmly set in stone.

Well, I was until ATS. Not the site itself, but the honest debate that occurs. I'm still a hard-nosed conservative, but maybe just a wee bit more open-minded.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
the real question is;

Why is Citizen Kane still the best US movie ever made according to critics while this one surpasses it?

And to answer the other question.

I can't surf the whole web a day to get my intel.

I am glad others have the time and joined here.

Thanks ATS and other members.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Personally, I have benefited from the ATS community greatly. I've expanded my realm of what I consider"rational thought".

However, I do see where ATS(more particularly the WWW) could inhibit overall progressiveness. We sit here and dicuss what could/should be done instead of actually getting out there and DOING it.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Depends on how you use the internet. In that quote, "For God's sake YOU PEOPLE are the real thing, WE are the illusion!"

The net provides dozens of opportunities for real news, not fabricated garbage, popcorn news and disinfo from FAUX News and Commie News Network.

I say kill your TV and colonize the web.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 07:28 PM
link   
no i think ATS is actually good for people.
makes people think more than they should be thinking. (which isnt a whole lot these days)

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I think playwright Paddy Chayefsky wrothe the screenplay for this one. The Howard Beal character was right about televison, but note refers mainly to canned TV series.

In 1976 there was only network bradcast televison. 3 American networks, CBS, NBC, ABC. & ot 100 PM was almost completely running series, comedy, drama, soap opera. Absolutely everything came from big budget studios that were corporate owned.

The Internet is largely interactive. Little fictional content. Choices of thousands of news sources. Individuals setting up webites and
blogs. Interactive forums where the audience actually provides content.

Note the Howard Beal character said you can believe yourself better than the TV shows.

Problem is most contributors have been weaned on television.

I stopped watching TV at least 15 years ago.

The quality of your life goes up exponentially when you do.

Recommend it for everyone without reservation.

Books are 20 times better. The Internet can be good if you don't just use it as an entertainment source.

We're designed to constantly learn, not consume faked experiences by actors and scripts.

Mike

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by mmiichael

nothing wrong with entertainment. its just that people do that way more and dont give themself time to educate theirself.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Better off than what?

The TV was a one way tube.

Now it's possible, however unlikely, that a a speaker of truth may be heard via the communication channel that has been opened to computer-users.

Do you really think that still happens (or ever happened) on TV?

What truth does the TV spread? Other than what is 'produced' and 'scripted' for the viewer?

Here at ATS and elsewhere on the net, we at least have the chance of accidental exposure to the truth, for what that may be worth.

Still, I'll take my chances with ATS; I have learned much here. and I hope to continue learning as long as the membership holds out.

Be well.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join