It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jack Straw Lockerbie bomber's release linked to oil

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   

Jack Straw has reignited the row over the release of the Lockerbie bomber by admitting for the first time that trade and oil were an essential part of the Government’s decision to include him in a prisoner transfer deal with Libya. Earlier this week, the outcry forced him to say: “There was no conspiracy, no cover-up, no double dealing, no deal on oil, no attempt to instruct Scottish ministers, no private assurances.”

www.telegraph.co.uk...

More lies from the unelected PM

You could see when he was lying in his speech the other day, was when he was doing his pyramid hand signs, tried to find the video but can't, if anyone sees it embed please

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Pockets]

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Pockets]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
While the story is new, this is hardly new and I discussed this in my last podcast A deal to release the Lockerbie bomber?

And if anyone believed that this release was not for the trade advantages, then they deserve this Government that continues to lie to the people.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom ERP

I don't know what I hate more, lying Labour or soon to be installed Tory's, no chance of Labour holding on to power at the next election

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

i need to clarify a couple of things.

The prisoner transfer agreement(PTA) which was negotiated by the UK government in 2007 was rejected by the scottish government and megrahi stayed in prison in scotland.

the scottish justice secretary took the decision a few weeks ago to release megrahi on compassionate grounds (terminally ill). This is not a prisoner transfer its a full blown release.

So when brown says there was no double dealing involved in megrahis compassionate release by the scottish government we have no evidence to the contrary it just looks a bit convenient.

It does look like a labour UK government was willing to transfer megrahi for trade deals. Or as they described it "overwhelmingly in the national interest".

[edit on 6-9-2009 by yeti101]

new topics

top topics

join