It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO Logo on Google homepage - WHY??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Chiiru

The Fourth Kind, actually - entire movie based around alien abductions. Looks pretty good!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Google is doing this as a knee jerk reaction to www.bing.com... which microsoft released a few weeks ago.

Bing is far superior in both design, search relevance and interactivity.

Interactivity is where Bing really put the hammer to Google. Check it out go to Bing and see a beautiful random background that allows you to hover over certain areas to find information.

Google will be struggling over the coming months to compete with this new search engine. I imagine Microsoft will slam out a huge marketing budget especially after their deal with yahoo went through. Also Microsoft can simply make Bing a function in the next operating system.

So this interactive UFO you see is Googles response to all that in a way.

You will see Google playing catchup over the coming weeks making improvements and launching surprises like this UFO I am sure.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by Wormwood Squirm]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

cheers for this link. never even heard of bing!!

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonymouse876
reply to post by Chiiru

The Fourth Kind, actually - entire movie based around alien abductions. Looks pretty good!

oh. I never saw it mentioned in the article, though. Or maybe I'm blind.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
reply to post by Wormwood Squirm

cheers for this link. never even heard of bing!!

Cheers! It is incredible really. Video results will play on the page during rollover and image search is incredible.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm
Google is doing this as a knee jerk reaction to www.bing.com... which microsoft released a few weeks ago.

Interactivity is where Bing really put the hammer to Google. Check it out go to Bing and see a beautiful random background that allows you to hover over certain areas to find information.

Google will be struggling over the coming months to compete with this new search engine. I imagine Microsoft will slam out a huge marketing budget especially after their deal with yahoo went through. Also Microsoft can simply make Bing a function in the next operating system.

You will see Google playing catchup over the coming weeks making improvements and launching surprises like this UFO I am sure.

I think this is just a publicity stunt. or just some random fun antic that google wanted to pull.... you know the image is "unexplained" ....

either way I agree with the above google will a little catching up to do but I still find it absolutely hysterical that Microsoft is hosting bing.com on a linux server running apache

SOURCE:
Headline=Microsoft is using Linux running Apache for their latest endeavor BING.com instead of Windows Server 2008 running IIS...

EXERT:
Site name ----- Average ------Max ------Latest ----- OS ---- Server
www.bing.com ----- 33 ------ 104 ------ 37 ------Linux --- Apache

SOURCE LINKS:
source: uptime.netcraft.com...
source: www.networksolutions.com...

lol

I also like the fact that google is moving in to the OS market.... Seems like these two super powers are really trying to step on each others toes.... now I just need some popcorn....

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Ah, never mind. It's on my homepage now.

Just thought I'd share that.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:43 AM
link   
I wonder if there are any historical UFO sightings or crashes that took place on this day or month that Google is referring to?

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:45 AM
link   
OMG! I thought it was a sombrero on top of a beer! I couldn't figure out why and thought maybe because it's labor day weekend and folks are partying! LOL!

I went back and clicked it, it says it is to celebrate unexplained phenomenon today.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by space cadet]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Cagalli

absolutely OT, Hi Cagalli! (that used to be my nick but my friends shortened to Cags hahaha)

After a long search and re-search (pun intended) i found that in 1877, Giovanni Schiaparelli started to draw the first map of Mars. However, this info just appears in the spanish version of Wikipedia.

en.wikipedia.org...

It also can be a certain UFO festival, that appeared on my english searches.

I'm still intrigued about this, nothing is conclusive and it's now a very talked opic in technology blogs around here

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Because its smart. Would you have clicked a banner ad with the same message?

I bet the click ratio on these logo things is very high since people dont see Google as trying to sell them something.

[edit on 5-9-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wormwood Squirm

You have to be kidding me? Bing is crap as a search engine. It is better at finding videos but much worse at finding web pages. Have you tried comparing it to Google or are you just excited that there is a new search engine in town?

Its really NOT better. Not at all. Its crap.

Use this site to search using both engines and compare for yourself: www.bing-vs-google.com.... Search on any word and you will get much more relevant hits on Google than you do on Bing.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   
As far as the conspiracy aspect of this one google logo; when I tried the usual pointer over this logo, it didn't show anything. As if; "The unexplained"

The date might also have some hidden meaning, though doubtfull other than a competition.

So, how many are going to use Bing to search google initiated game?

As far as Bing; I've noticed that at first; using the function to search for spelling, it seemd to working properly. Now, for some reason, it doesn't and the google search is. I suspect that Bing is now overwelmed?

It's too bad ATS doesn't have spell check. Is there a windows or similar program for that?

I guess I should do a google search for that as well.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Maybe this will help

googlesystem.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by aleon1018
It's too bad ATS doesn't have spell check. Is there a windows or similar program for that?

Its built into Firefox. You can even add dictionaries for whatever language you like straight from the right click menu.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:01 AM
link   
huh..google wants to be the 1st search engine of spacenet

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:09 AM
link   
All I did was click on one of the first links that came up:

www.examiner.com...

It says that according to Google trends 'Unexplainable Phenomana' takes Number 2 and Number 6 spot on latest search trends.
They are simply advertising the fact in my opinion!

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
To my knowledge google only changes logo´s on special days ie. 4th of july, new years eve and so on. So i do not think its a part of some money making scheme, since it would tear down google´s credibility.

So i did a little search and the closest i could come to anything was the Tungska incident 100 years ago which happen at 1 of july, so thats out of the question. Maybe they will release the news today that we are not alone, we could always hope.

Best regards

Loke .:.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ottozia

from your link:

To make things more interesting, Google posted an encrypted message on its Twitter account:

1.12.12 25.15.21.18 15 1.18.5 2.5.12.15.14.7 20.15 21.19

decrypted as "All your O are belong to us", a reference to the popular Internet meme "All your base are belong to us".

The doodle's URL is h ttp://www.google.com/logos/go_gle.gif, which suggests that there's a missing "O".

Some people suggest that the doodle could be connected to the Exeter UFO Festival. "The Exeter incident was a highly-publicized UFO sighting that occurred in September 1965, approximately 5 miles from Exeter, New Hampshire, in the neighboring community of Kensington."

And when is the Exeter UFO Festival?

EXETER — The inaugural Exeter UFO Festival will be held Saturday, Sept. 5 throughout the downtown area. The event is free. For details, visit the Exeter Area Chamber of Commerce Web site, www.exeterarea.org.

www.seacoastonline.com...

I suppose it's a possibility.

[edit on 5/9/09 by Chadwickus]

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

I than suppose some might suspect they're also referring to people they control such as: O prah and O bama? Than there's the crop O's

Changes in the Binary code...........

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join