It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do Muslim fundamentalists treat women so bad

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Every 30 minutes, an Afghan woman dies during childbirth
87 percent of Afghan women are illiterate
30 percent of girls have access to education in Afghanistan
1 in every 3 Afghan women experience physical, psychological or sexual violence
44 years is the average life expectancy rate for women in Afghanistan
70 to 80 percent of women face forced marriages in Afghanistan

Source
www.afghan-web.com...

Afghanistan women die in childbirth because of lack of trained midwives and having a male doctor in attendance is taboo. Girls going to school have acid thrown in their faces, girls as young as nine are forced into marriage.

Why do Muslim fundamentalists in Afghanistan and elswhere have a need to keep woman down, treat them worse than others would a dog.
Can someone explain to me the logic of treating 50% of the population as sub human.

What are these men afraid of?

I hear so much that the demon west is behind fundamentalist if this is true what is their agenda and why do the men willingly comply to this treatment of women.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

Well, I recently saw a documentary about Afghan girls/women who want to go to school but the events around them don't always give them access. The stated that when there is peace, sometimes the Taliban come through the small villages/towns and force everyone out of school, especially the girls/women.

Also, the war can affect the education system, and of course in some places in the world, there is a favor for men over women, not just in Islamic countries.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I hate to over simplify this, but most Abrahamic religions at their core find women to be the lesser half of humanity!

From Paul saying that women should obey their husbands, to the Talmud saying a pig is preferred to a women, to female circumcision, generally the societies that follow the male gods have treated us terrible.

With education and time many of the more rigid religious beliefs regarding women have toned down. Read the Law of Moses sometime for a hoot! It is permissible to beat your women, take the women of nations conquered as slaves, the time of purification after childbirth was twice as long if the child was female.

It is not an easy thing to be a women in a male dominated world. Pretty sad isn't it?????

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Name me regimes other than fundamentalist Muslim who specifically treat all women as second class citizens within the law??

What other regime beats a woman for showing the slighest piece of flesh. Women were hung in Afghanistan for showing an ankle. The morality police in Saudi patrol the street looking for woman who break the dress code. Where other than fundamentalist Muslim countries does this happen.

I ask again why are these men to afraid of women that they will not allow them basic human rights.

Redhead this is more than religion nowhere in the Koran does it say women should be treated like this.
Christianity and Judaism evolve.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by dizzylizzy]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
I think that unless you are a woman living in Afghanistan, it's none of anyone's business. I know that might sound harsh, but to be frank, a great deal of the problems in this world are caused by people sticking their noses in other people's business. Telling them what to eat, telling them what to wear, telling them how to raise their kids, telling them how to treat their animals, telling them what god they should believe in, telling them what kind of government they should have, telling them what laws they should make and on and on. Maybe its about time we stopped telling everyone else what to do because we don;t like the way they do things. Just a thought.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Did I say anyone should interfer? I was questioning the mindset of a regime which treats women so appallingly and why they are so obviously afraid of women in the 21st century.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
Name me regimes other than fundamentalist Muslim who specifically treat all women as second class citizens within the law??

What other regime beats a woman for showing the slighest piece of flesh. Women were hung in Afghanistan for showing an ankle. The morality police in Saudi patrol the street looking for woman who break the dress code. Where other than fundamentalist Muslim countries does this happen.

I ask again why are these men to afraid of women that they will not allow them basic human rights.

Redhead this is more than religion nowhere in the Koran does it say women should be treated like this.
Christianity and Judaism evolve.

[edit on 4-9-2009 by dizzylizzy]

Oh it does say to treat women in this way in Islamic text including the Koran. It's all because of this religion, and what people thought they could get away with, and still think they can get away with!

[edit on 4-9-2009 by john124]

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
I think that unless you are a woman living in Afghanistan, it's none of anyone's business. I know that might sound harsh, but to be frank, a great deal of the problems in this world are caused by people sticking their noses in other people's business. Telling them what to eat, telling them what to wear, telling them how to raise their kids, telling them how to treat their animals, telling them what god they should believe in, telling them what kind of government they should have, telling them what laws they should make and on and on. Maybe its about time we stopped telling everyone else what to do because we don;t like the way they do things. Just a thought.

We can discuss the ethics of something without interfering.

It's not about what "we" don't like, it's about what is the right way to treat women. In Afghanistan it is our business because our troops our dying for them.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Where?

Quackers do you mean we should turn away from all regimes who treat others as unequal or cause hardship.?

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:28 PM
link   
IMHO

They do that becose if not womens do stuff like they do now in the west
feminism, ability to reject a men etc.

maybe they just dont want that.

its not my view , its just how i imagine they get thier way of doing things

sorry for my english

self learnt

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dizzylizzy

What's to know? They are fanatical religious fundamentalists who take quite literally the teachings of some holy book. I suppose if you can figure out why Christians stopped burning, drowning and stoning women to death, you might have your answer.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizzylizzy
reply to post by john124

Where?

Quackers do you mean we should turn away from all regimes who treat others as unequal or cause hardship.?

As john124 points out, discussing the ethics is fine. Where a line needs to be drawn is where the point of that discussion moves from ethics towards activism. If you want to use how they mistreat women to learn how to treat your women better, great, that is constructive. Sticking your nose in where it isn't wanted is not. Not when it is another country with their own ideals, and their own problems.

That is not saying we should not help people who request it, and there should be a clear path for that process to happen, but that should be the very most interference one people should allow themselves to push on another.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The classification of people to lesser status by gender or other accident of birth is something each culture must outgrow.

Cultures that codify the practice are doomed to perpetuate it until such time as the society itself rejects the notion outright.

Most cultures are still struggling with this.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Women are beautifull and should be treated with respect. I feel sorry for Muslim women who can't even go to school without getting shot dead by a Muslim funda "mental".

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   
In Islam...an ancient technique for achieving power is the use of women as weapons against rival Kings. Stories record events of a Babylonian King sending a beautiful, but diseased, woman to a rival so as to infect him with the girls STDs. Because of the treachery that women who are used in this fashion are expected to master, it therefore becomes difficult for Muslims to trust or treat women with the dignity expected for a human being.

Gilgamesh, an early Uruk King...notoriously used the temple Prostitute Shamhat to seduce and bring Enkidu to Uruk, so that Gilgamesh could gain power over him. This is the way of people in the region, thus it is difficult to deal with women.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by quackers

Wow your just completely insane come on your saying we should have just let Hitler kill and invade other countries because we shouldn't get involved.You are trying to tell people that we should set back and do nothing if we see someone being raped tortured or beaten? I certainly hope this never happens to your friends or family with you around you'll just go not my problem and walk off huh? I personally believe it is the responsibility of humanity not to allow others to be injured or killed saying its none of our business is no excuse not to do something to help the defenseless.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 12:40 AM
link   
The social code espoused in the Koran dates from the mid 7th century AD. This code could be practiced without undue recourse to severe punishments in the society of that time. That was an era when few people could read and there was little contact with people who did things differently and consequently little outside influence and little deviation from the social norms of the society.

Nowadays, traditional people like the Taliban are suffering severe culture shock and trying to hang on to old ways. They overreact to deviations from the old ways. There is nothing in their mindset that enables them to acclimatize to the modern world. They are doomed. Change is inevitable and cannot be resisted. Change is their doom. They are going down hard, but they are going down.

Islam is evolving to handle the modern world. Countries like Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, Iraq under Saddam, and others are adapting, but there are problems where people insist, to the point of violence in hanging on to ancient ways.

Islamic people have to realize that organizing a society according to the norms of the 7th century AD is to doom it to being overtaken and dominated by more modern countries. Fortunately most Islamic people realize this and are willing to change aspects of traditional Islamic social organization to enable the society as a whole to compete and survive in the modern world. The strongest Islamic countries are largely secularist in their social organization.

We live in a difficult time but it will pass. The vast majority of Islamic people are not stupid. They will survive . . . by evolving their social organization. The outrages that are so shocking to us will eventually disappear.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Women are still not completely equal to men here in the states either you know. Just something to think about.

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   
something called tradition...

posted on Sep, 5 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Islam is evolving to handle the modern world. Countries like Turkey, Egypt, Jordan, Iraq under Saddam, and others are adapting, but there are problems where people insist, to the point of violence in hanging on to ancient ways.

I am not so sure of that. Islam (the radical type) is being exported to Europe and the Americas. There seems to be some sort of agreement between central bankers/Bush and Saudia Arabia. I have not bothered to follow the thread. but it explains the increase in Islam in the EU where they any critizism is roundly denounced and homeland security ignoring Islamberg NY and similar Pakistani military recruitment and training camps around the USA.

The Bush family,... the Saudi royals....—and other rich and influential Saudi families [Khashoggi ] were naturally drawn to one another as they share similar ideologies and goals: the “new world order” which is to be governed and controlled by a small ruling class elite, That is, the “Brotherhood”. Adnan Khashoggi and the Saudi King are closely connected to Osama bin Laden.

In the 1960s, and certainly by the 1970s, they were all doing business together. However, in the case of the Saudis, that new world order will be a world-wide Islamic state, governed according to Sunni Wahhabi interpretations of Islam (15). Although that goal is not shared by the Bush-Wall Street-corporate elite, the Bush team and the Saudis are nevertheless willing to work closely together, to increase their wealth and their power, and to combat and eliminate common enemies and competitors for world domination .

Indeed, due in part to Saudi efforts, since the 1980s, Islam has become the fastest growing religion among Latinos in the Americas ....

Bush business partner and friend, Adnan Khashoggi, a Saudi billionaire oil and arms trader, admitted in a television-interview, that he funneled $5 million dollars to help finance arms shipments to the Contras who were terrorizing Nicaragua. In addition, the Sultan of Brunei — the richest man in the world — pitched in another $10 million. Let us recall that Saudi billionaire, Adnan Khashoggi, was providing millions of dollars to support the Contras, as was the Sultan of Brunei, and the royal family of Saudi King Fahd . brainmind.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join