It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boeing Considers Relocation to China

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 06:46 PM
link   
It seems that the CEO of Boeing really likes the idea of Boeing relocating to China. A lot of the parts and large sub-components are already manufactured outside of the U.S. but I guess some at Boeing don't want anything left for U.S. workers. It's really quite sad. See link:
Will Boeing Mode to Beijing?

I wonder if there will ever be a point in which the government decides that it can no longer afford to send U.S. jobs elsewhere.

Boeing (BA) CEO Jim McNerney is eager to move the company to China. Whether moving Boeing to China means shifting its headquarters from Chicago to Beijing is up in the air. But Boeing already has $600 million in supplier partnerships with China -- such as a deal with Shenyang Aircraft Corporation to build an assembly for the 787's vertical fin. And Stan Sorscher, who spent 20 years at Boeing before taking a post at the Society of Professional Engineers in Aerospace (SPEEA) in 2000, told me that engineers he spoke with believe that McNerney is hooked on the idea of shifting more of Boeing's aircraft development to China.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 07:12 PM
link   
I sincerely hope that should he choose to move the company to China, we no longer purchase anything from them. At least as far as military is concerned. Military spending should be kept in the country. Maybe Boeing can make planes for China, more power to them.

join